Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta key for FFXIV if you buy FFXIII

Zyuu83Zyuu83 Member Posts: 167

Not 100% confirmed, but still pretty interesting.

Full article here:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/2004-beta-key-for-ffxiv-if-you-buy-ffxiii/

Comments

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

Hmm ... I wonder if this is a JPN only thing. By the time FF13 gets to the states it will be March-ish. If FF14 is due out by the end of next year there will probably be beta tests May-ish.

If all true then JPN would be holding onto a beta key until May ... or beta tests for FF14 would be sooner than that ... which means NA would miss out on some of the beta ... ... ... ... hmm .....

• NicephorusNicephorus Member Posts: 52

Like most of us, Ill be getting FFXIII regardless, so Im not going to lose too much sleep over whether this is true or not. But if it is, sweet!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Well I am not a fan of the rpg series but I still would not buy a game just to get into a beta.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Well I am not a fan of the rpg series but I still would not buy a game just to get into a beta.

I have played FF 7-12 (not X-2), but no, I don't pay to play in a beta. Not since my sub to Warhammer expired, anyway.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I have played FF 7-12 (not X-2), but no, I don't pay to play in a beta. Not since my sub to Warhammer expired, anyway.

I've played FF 1-12, included X-2, and not including the DS releases and I agree I'm not buying a game just to play the beta.

• BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

This is probably true and it will be just Japan.

I see it as a perfect way for SE to beta test, first only FF fans will get the code. Then only Japanese(and they said they will do a small Japanese test first). And lastly it will still only be PC probably, which means only Japanese FF fans with PCs. A good sized group for their testing.

Or it could be PS3 beta key which will also be in the NA release and it will only be used for stress testing.

Who knows, who cares. I gave up on beta'ing FF14 long time ago. They will be in-country-ing most of it.

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)