Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should Darkfall be rated so poorly on this site?

bongloadsbongloads Member UncommonPosts: 381

Look at the steaming piles of crap that are higher rated than Darkfall.  Is  MMORPG's staff so scared to lose their gear that they haven't even bought a susbcription to the game yet (monthly fee still TBA)?

Comments

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576

Posting in a bitter fanboi post

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• bongloadsbongloads Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Cyborg99

Posting in a bitter fanboi post

Ur cool.

On topic tho:  it's truth

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267

yes, it should..

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

Honestly, I'd say it's close enough, a little low, but close.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• PranksterPrankster Member UncommonPosts: 163

Actually i think the rating is a little high here. Guess no ones working with negative numbers.

Refugee from UO,EQ,AC,AC2,AO,DAOC,L2,SB,HZ,CoH,PT,EQ2,WoW,VG,SWG,EVE,WAR,DF,MO,AI,GA,LOTRO, SWTOR... Gw2 on Deck

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

It may have improved some, but I'll bet its still not much about the low 7's at this point.

But that's OK, Aion's rating is overyly high, so it all balances out.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Not sure where my mind went, asking the community that this website's attracted to denounce their website.  If MMORPG could be wrong, where else would they go to tell them that outdated-tab-target non-risk-pvp games are the best things around.

Seriously, take  a look at that list again... look at the titles of some of the crap that's rated 8+... it's mind-blowing.

I guess the emphasis on this site's on shiny items and lore.

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267

I actually wouldn't mind trying this again - it had terrible presentation and a lot of things that really bugged me to death - but atleast some solid concepts - but no way I play $50 to try it again. I sold my account early on when they were still selling limited copies for like $125 so actually made money. Game should be no more than $20 at this point... if that..

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by bongloads

Not sure where my mind went, asking the community that this website's attracted to denounce their website.  If MMORPG could be wrong, where else would they go to tell them that outdated-tab-target non-risk-pvp games are the best things around.

Seriously, take  a look at that list again... look at the titles of some of the crap that's rated 8+... it's mind-blowing.
    I guess the emphasis on this site's on shiny items and lore.

Opinions are just that opinion. You are entitled to yours and they can have theirs. Why make such a stupid topic?

I really don't think the topic's stupid.  I don't believe Darkfall's as crappy as many titles rated higher than it, and most people who play would agree.  Your opinion that my topic is stupid, is stupid.  That's my opinion.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

remember you dont need to even play a  game in order to rate it just post 5 times

BestSigEver :P

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Its not a good site, they go after the money of the rich companys. The problem is they sit on a strong domain-name, mmorpg.com sounds like THE source for mmorpg's information unfortunately it isn't and really bad bad bad games get high scores. The best part has been the correspodent article's so far , the only place Darkfall has been threated fair.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Darkfall had like 400k people sign up on their forums. And only a few thousand think the game is good enough to play. So about 1 out of a hundred people liked the game. So how could you possibly think the rating is too low?

Originally posted by ghoul31

Darkfall had like 400k people sign up on their forums. And only a few thousand think the game is good enough to play. So about 1 out of a hundred people liked the game. So how could you possibly think the rating is too low?

The process from 300k to the actual number can be explained by survival ofthe fittest.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Wow, for such a "hardcore" game, the fanbois sure do whine a lot...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• Anarchist420Anarchist420 Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by kakasaki

Wow, for such a "hardcore" game, the fanbois sure do whine a lot...

You noticed that too?  It really must be .... HARDCORE!!!

And survival of the "fittest"?  Are you serious?  Fittest at what?  Pushing buttons, moving the camera, extending your e-peen beyond the bounds of the limitless (yeah it made no sense to me either), climb any mountain, DIAL ANY PHONE! etc.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Anarchist420

You noticed that too?  It really must be .... HARDCORE!!!
    And survival of the "fittest"?  Are you serious?  Fittest at what?  Pushing buttons, moving the camera, extending your e-peen beyond the bounds of the limitless (yeah it made no sense to me either), climb any mountain, DIAL ANY PHONE! etc.

God more hardcore BS. So many people here are hung up on that term. The true definition of hardcore gaming is too dependant on one's opinion for it to be brought up all the time.

Stop overcompensating for things you obviously lack (or so it would seem with such blunt emotional posts like this).

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Its not a good site, they go after the money of the rich companys. The problem is they sit on a strong domain-name, mmorpg.com sounds like THE source for mmorpg's information unfortunately it isn't and really bad bad bad games get high scores. The best part has been the correspodent article's so far , the only place Darkfall has been threated fair.

In your opinion they are bad games.  Just like its your opinion DF is a good game and not a statement of fact since personal taste is all about opinion. 

I think we can put an end to the horrible ratings on MMORPG.com becouse is all about personal opinions and nowhere is fact.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

All rating systems are inherently flawed and exist simply because the average gamer likes them. All ratings can be skewed and be prejudiced based on several factors.

Thinking that a rating is too low is also part of the problem, and the reason we'll (sadly) continue to have ratings as absolute truths in the future. There are several better ways to assess a product, they are out there for those who try to find them.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

because a game is more "hardcore" soes not make it better, does not change the fact the darkfall is a badly made game.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Originally posted by bongloads

Look at the steaming piles of crap that are higher rated than Darkfall.  Is  MMORPG's staff so scared to lose their gear that they haven't even bought a susbcription to the game yet (monthly fee still TBA)?

I think you missed a very important point in all this.  The scores you see at your link are NOT from our writers (who actually score the game *reviews* that we do, not our staff).  The scores in your link are based on our community casting votes for the games...not us.

The correct link to our "official" reviews: http://www.mmorpg.com/features.cfm/view/reviews/sort/score/months/all/order/desc

Darkfall still did not get a score here, but at least this is the correct link.

While people will never believe it so it seems, our advertising dept (me) and our content department are completely isolated from one another.  The team at MMORPG.com that makes content like reviews, previews, interviews, etc has absolutely no idea what advertising I am selling and the advertisers have no way to influence this.  The only way would be if my editors were taking private bribes on the side, which would be risky as it would get them fired and ruin their career.

I know it sounds all conspiracy-theory-fun to accuse us of these things but why would we risk everything for this when we sell every last scrap of advertising here without stooping to shady levels like this?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Heres an idea:

Dont go by the ratings. If you like a game play it.

If not, dont.

Its simple as that.

The ratings are other peoples opinions and dont really mean squat other than those people like the game. Some people even feel the need to make alt accounts just to help raise the level of the games rating (look at when all those unheard-of F2P MMOs suddenly took the number 1-5 spots).

So again, ignore the ratings and find out for yourself.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• DaftRandomDaftRandom Member Posts: 1

Its not enough to like this game.  It must be worshipped and cherished.

Dissenters are haters and are paid by Blizzard!

Now, please excuse me, my tinfoil hat has torn and I need to make a new one.

Everyone who logs into NGE destroys a bit of the SW Universe.

No SWG Pre-Cu, No money to the $OE suckers , simple and fair.

DON't agree to $OE 's EULA. They change the gameplay without respect your investement.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by fyerwall

Heres an idea:
    Dont go by the ratings. If you like a game play it.
    If not, dont.
    Its simple as that.
    The ratings are other peoples opinions and dont really mean squat other than those people like the game. Some people even feel the need to make alt accounts just to help raise the level of the games rating (look at when all those unheard-of F2P MMOs suddenly took the number 1-5 spots).
    So again, ignore the ratings and find out for yourself.

This thinking is far too sensible and logical for this forum and you know it. At least you should for an '04.

If more used this attitude the forums here wouldn't be so "messy" all the time, and we might even get more of the gaming info we're all here for.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• SensaiSensai Member UncommonPosts: 220

The OP is absolutely right.  A quick glance at ratings here show you that the site and players rank crappy games really high (see Aion and Eve) so the rating on Darkfall is wrong.  Based on other ratings, it really should be much, much lower.

• JhakhmJhakhm Member UncommonPosts: 114

Y'know, I remember back when Darkfall was rated fairly high. This was because the Darkfall community was spamming the rating system - I know, I was one of them. Darkfall's current state is due to all those who left when the game was released, due to not finding what they were looking for. In their disappointment, many, many of them came back here and changed their rating. Again, I know - I was one of them.

Whether Darkfall's current rating reflects the state of the game or the state of the community, I don't know. I do know, however, that there are likely very few botnets dedicated to voting this game down, which means that the majority of those downvotes represent the opinions (informed or otherwise) of actual people.

Personally, if I could put up a big 'do not play' sign on any game, it would be Darkfall. It's the kind of game where either those who have absolutely no real life reign supreme (which is a huge draw for addicts) or those who partake in RME / account sharing to have a character being trained 24/7 benefit most.

It's like Tibia, but not as cute.