Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 game breaker online multiplayer (spoiler)

13»

Comments

• ForumfallForumfall Member Posts: 570

After +40000 kills I kinda quit cod4 and for some weeks came back. Anyway the whole chopper and airstrike thing has pissed me off again. I will get cod5 for the SP and that's it.

It's something else if players control helis/planes ala battlefield but this simply is bullshit. Not to mention no dedicated servers because 'they want to have control and let the players have fair matches'... Game companies are turning more and more into shit each day.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I read this whole topic. PC gamers are whining, yet to be honest the only PC FPS game I had (in the '00) was Halo and I loved that game and really got to understand a lot about mods and dedicated servers and such other stuff. Oh yeah I also got Counter Strike: CZ too. I'm getting this game for X360. I'm not sure how you guys you are taking all the news about MW2, but why not just buy it and enjoy it?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I read this whole topic. PC gamers are whining, yet to be honest the only PC FPS game I had (in the '00) was Halo and I loved that game and really got to understand a lot about mods and dedicated servers and such other stuff. Oh yeah I also got Counter Strike: CZ too. I'm getting this game for X360. I'm not sure how you guys you are taking all the news about MW2, but why not just buy it and enjoy it?

"GeneralClean: With the new IW.net, how many players can it support at one time with each server set-up, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12, 16 vs 16, and how much bandwidth are we talking about per player basis, Upload and Download?

Vince-IW: 9v9

Mackey-IW: The max number of players on all platforms are 1v1 through 9v9. This is the number of players we focused on when we were balancing map size, perks, classes, challenges, etc."

forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Live-Chat-Session-Transcript/td-p/67692

Thats why.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Originally posted by Ginaz

"GeneralClean: With the new IW.net, how many players can it support at one time with each server set-up, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12, 16 vs 16, and how much bandwidth are we talking about per player basis, Upload and Download?

Vince-IW: 9v9

Mackey-IW: The max number of players on all platforms are 1v1 through 9v9. This is the number of players we focused on when we were balancing map size, perks, classes, challenges, etc."

forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Live-Chat-Session-Transcript/td-p/67692

Thats why.

Also this.

"Mackey-IW: IWNet matches players together based on several factors including ping and skill. After players are matched, the most suitable host is determined. That player hosts until they quit, at which time hosting responsibilities will normally migrate to another player without interrupting the match."

• peenkpeenk Member Posts: 270
    Originally posted by MasterChaosX

I was looking forward to this game until i heard about no dedicated servers. forget about the game now

EDIT: this is my rant based off reading the post I quoted, I realized later on that most of this stuff has already been said, so dont worry about this wall of text.

Same here.

Company is doing this just to make PC players pay for DLC.  Giving us (PC players) dumbed down version of the game all the while telling us lies about how they are making the experience for the PC easier and better.  Any FPS fans (and true FPS fans play on PC) should be shocked at this development, that prevents PC gamers from enjoying dedicated server's superior playability and especially at the fact that there will be no Mods for the game.  Mods make or break games.  Great example, HL2, which is one of the most popular games of all time due to the great contribution of many modders. (Although, I must say that Valve is going down the same road with the L4D2 fiasco).

I play L4D on PC and it has match-making crap.  I rarely play versus mode (8 players max) and 99% of the time I just log in and kill zombies along with 3 other strangers who can come from anywhere to help me survive.  Yet, 80% of the time my ping simply makes the game barely playable, due to the fact that I cannot join the server with the best possible ping for me but forced to join what ever the game can find for me.  I fear what the 9vs9 will bring for MW2.  

Yes, that's right.  MW2 will only have a maximum of 9 vs 9 players at any given time.  Clear indication that consoles had a role to play (mainly the sh!tbox360 because PS3 can handle 32max and ever 64max games) in dumbing down the game. 

You can read the transcript where the staff members from IW (Infinity Ward) got ...owned (no other word to describe because they wouldn't answer most of the fan PC based questions).  When asked if PC MW2 is basically a console port, one of the IW people, had a nerv to reply: no, PC players get extra stuff like keyboard and mouse controls, text chat, and change graphic details.

Did everyone get that? PC players should be happy that .... they get to play the FPS game with a kb+mouse ..... ability to text chat (and for me its saying "gg" at the end of a match) and least of all .... change resolution, graphics. 

I do not have any problems if a company makes a game to make money.  It is my choice whether I will be willing to pay or not for that game.  But I do have problems when that company, IW in this case, lies to its customers.  I wish I had an ability to make every single person who pre-ordered or is waiting for MW2_PC to be released, read the transcript.

Oh, and the last slap in the face to the PC gaming community: with all it's missing features that PC gamers are enjoying over consoles and the features that really have become a standard of the PC FPS gaming over the years, the PC version of MW2 cost $60.

That's right, IW thinks that PC players should pay $10 more for less features. 

This has been the worst year, personally, when it comes to games.  I was very much looking towards L4D2 and MW2 as an FPS fan from the first time I played Wolfenstein and Doom about 10 years ago. 

Here is the complete transcript from bestbuy.com interview.  This is just to show that MMO genre is not the only genre that looks like total shit at the moment.  I swear, if blizzard makes Diablo 3 for consoles, I'll quit gaming.  There I said it.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Live-Chat-Session-Transcript/td-p/67692

WTB Shadowbane 2

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

If you think this is bad just wait until people realize that they will not be getting true vaule for their money with MW2. They only giving you a new story and a few extra stuff all for $60.00. This nonsense should be DLC. I'd rather keep playing the first one.

Instead of bringing console gamers up to what pc gamers have, we're being brought down to whats available for consoles.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Because they don't deserve money if they are going to be lazy and not bother with dedicated servers which is undoubtedly better and more stable than P2P servers. I also still think CSS is miles ahead of COD. Much more skill required, COD4 and 5 are just to easy online. No aim requires or recoil control, just a spray and pray game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

All for $60.00 guaranteed steal, I mean deal of the century!

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

All for $60.00 guaranteed steal, I mean deal of the century!

This says it all. Constant retardation of games in general, because of consoles limitations pisses me off so much. This is not a first case, again quantity wins over quality. I though that MW2 will bring my old pals back, but now most of us refused to buy that console port. Sign of the times guys, people buy consoles because they seem to be cheaper gaming platforms - when in fact you spend much more on games - and their accessibility - any retard can use it.

• KirijiKiriji Member Posts: 340

Well I went ahead and bought it for PC, without hearing about the the dedicated servers not being in then finding out and fearing the worst, and guess what? Its good I'm actually loving the multiplayer the lower player numbers are better for the maps less chaotic, I mean 64 players on the small maps on COD4 was just stupid anyway.

I rarely get lag and if I do it takes two seconds to switch to another game, the new guns are great so are the perks and achievements, only problems ive seen are the noobtubers however you can equip a blastmask that nullifies grenade hits so you can deal with them easily . There's also bit of bunny hopping.

I can understand the hate for the absence dedicated servers I was like that to until I actually played the game, the multiplayer is good. But I think a lot of people are just jumping on the hate wagon without even giving the game a chance, but it don't matter I'm enjoying it, in the end that's all that matters.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

just an fyi if you get a helicopter and kill say 10 people that doesn't count toward your kill streak. 

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

damn thank god i read this thread i was really thinking about buying this game today, but now that i see its 18 players max and no dedicated server ... screw that.

• GetViolatedGetViolated Member Posts: 335

if everyone has equal lag that's fine 

if the game is more balanced that's fine

but 60 bucks? wtf

/thread

• LorkLork Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by GetViolated

if everyone has equal lag that's fine 
    if the game is more balanced that's fine
    but 60 bucks? wtf

No. No one should have lag.

www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/modernwarfare2

88 Metascore

1.7 User Score (out of 10)

While I think 1.7 is too low, it reflects peoples frustrations with the pc version. Its score on consoles, usually 95 or higher, is probably accurate and it will most likely win many game of the year awards for the consoles and deserve them. For the pc, its just a bad port which lowered the bar from the last version, MW1, in almost every way possible.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Ginaz

/thread

Come on, what are you bitching about?  They gave you "Profiles saved online".  Sheesh

;-)

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

IW got owned.

www.youtube.com/watch