Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shooting at Fort Hood

Comments

• EnkinduEnkindu Member Posts: 1,098
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Go to any Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, or Hindu place of worship and see if any ever tries to recruit you to kill people that won't convert to that faith.
    This DOES happen in a Mosque, no where else.

As I have already admitted, Islam in the modern world does have a tendency toward radicalization and militancy that is not representative of other modern religions. I am well aware of this.

As I've stated in earlier posts I think fear, ignorance, and persecution in this country has essentially transformed many patriotic American Islamic citizens into fearful and angry outcasts.  This has fueled recruitment for radical Islam in the United States.

Having known several American Muslim professionals fairly well, I have seen firsthand the abuse, racism, ignorance, and hate that increased exponentially after the terrorist attacks.  These are people with good jobs and families, active in their communities, and you might be surprised to learn that many of them were the MOST patriotic Americans I had known.. up until they suddenly became second class citizens simply because they shared a religion with terrorists.  I don't remember a backlash against Catholics after Timothy McVeigh's terrorist attack.

If you think that discrimination, ignorance, and prejudice has not been a contributing factor to the RISE of radical Islam, then YOU are the one in denial.

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

• dynamo122dynamo122 Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Enkindu

Go to any Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, or Hindu place of worship and see if any ever tries to recruit you to kill people that won't convert to that faith.

As I have already admitted, Islam in the modern world does have a tendency toward radicalization and militancy that is not representative of other modern religions. I am well aware of this.

As I've stated in earlier posts I think fear, ignorance, and persecution in this country has essentially transformed many patriotic American Islamic citizens into fearful and angry outcasts.  This has fueled recruitment for radical Islam in the United States.

Having known several American Muslim professionals fairly well, I have seen firsthand the abuse, racism, ignorance, and hate that increased exponentially after the terrorist attacks.  These are people with good jobs and families, active in their communities, and you might be surprised to learn that many of them were the MOST patriotic Americans I had known.. up until they suddenly became second class citizens simply because they shared a religion with terrorists.  I don't remember a backlash against Catholics after Timothy McVeigh's terrorist attack.

If you think that discrimination, ignorance, and prejudice has not been a contributing factor to the RISE of radical Islam, then YOU are the one in denial.

The rise of radical Islam isn't directly tied to discrimination and prejudice. It's tied to the Koran.

Though the former does play a significant role, espcially now since Radicals are are giving Islam a bad name.

Thankfully Christians today don't run around with bombs strapped to their chest killing innocent people because they're not Christians.

Originally posted by dynamo122

Dude.  Bosnia-Herzegovina.  LOOK IT UP.  Quit making yourself look like an idiot.

Looked it up, i see a region in racial and political strife. How does this indicate christian terrorism? If there even is such a thing?

Dude, I give up.  No sense arguing with a tree stump.  Have a nice life.

RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT

Shot down, nothing left.

EDIT: Just realized I've been going around with an idiot for nearly 5 pages.

Says the boy who apparently can't operate an internet search engine.

Bosnian Genocide

The term Bosnian Genocide is used to refer either to the genocide committed by Bosnian Serb forces in Srebrenica in 1995, or to ethnic cleansing that took place during the 1992-1995 Bosnian War

In 2001, the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) judged that the 1995 Srebrenica massacre was genocide. In the unanimous ruling "Prosecutor v. Krsti?", the Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY), located in The Hague, reaffirmed that the Srebrenica massacre was genocide, the Presiding Judge Theodor Meron stating:

By seeking to eliminate a part of the Bosnian Muslims, the Bosnian Serb forces committed genocide. They targeted for extinction the forty thousand Bosnian Muslims living in Srebrenica, a group which was emblematic of the Bosnian Muslims in general. They stripped all the male Muslim prisoners, military and civilian, elderly and young, of their personal belongings and identification, and deliberately and methodically killed them solely on the basis of their identity.

Serbs are Christians.

I'm not mad.  Your tendency toward selective blindness and selective amnesia is frustrating.  Why should I waste time on a serious exchange of ideas if you aren't taking it seriously?  No big deal, but I thought you really cared about the issue at hand.  If you are just trolling, no biggie and the joke's on me.

Can you blame them? Thankfully the developed christian nations are taking more rational steps to deal with the Islamic threat. Of coarse over there in that shit fest, desperate measures have to be taken to combat Islam. That's why I've said many times through out this thread the only way to really protect ourselves from those animals is become isolationist or corner them on their own turf and kill them, all out of self defense like what we're doing now.

And THANKFULLY we're not he only country that believes in this same method, many countries have suffered because of Islam and the people of the world are fed up with it.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Americans fighting for freedom and democracy, just like people in Austrialia, Japan, and all the EU countries are not the problem dude.

You need to look at the Imams teaching "kill the infidels".

Letting them kill you, and letting them teach this hatred doesn't solve the problem, it only makes it worse.

It's like you're saying, the problem with Nazi Germany is we opposed Hitler. That just made him recruit more soldiers! If we had only been nice to him...

These people are recruited because we won't let them turn us into Muslims. That's ridiculous.

Al Qaeda numbers are WAY down since the Iraq war. Where's all this recruitment? That's a crazy argument, and it's nothing more than appeasement. Appeasement gets you nothing, but dead.

We're not talking about peace loving people here. We're talking about people that want to kill the world unless they follow Islam. Being nice to them doesn't stop their recruitment.

Hell, these crazy radicals are being recruited in America, where we're all free, and we have no occupiers, and no war on our soil at all. That seems to blow your argument to shreds. These people are killers, they will kill you, and if you're nice to them, they will just kill more people after they kill you.

Your argument boils down to, there are people that want to kill anyone that won't convert to their religion.

If we try to stop them from killing us, we will only help them get recruits.

So you're basically saying our choice is to die, or convert to Islam.

I'll pass. Thanks anyway.

Bosnian Genocide
    The term Bosnian Genocide is used to refer either to the genocide committed by Bosnian Serb forces in Srebrenica in 1995, or to ethnic cleansing that took place during the 1992-1995 Bosnian War
    In 2001, the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) judged that the 1995 Srebrenica massacre was genocide. In the unanimous ruling "Prosecutor v. Krsti?", the Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY), located in The Hague, reaffirmed that the Srebrenica massacre was genocide, the Presiding Judge Theodor Meron stating:
    By seeking to eliminate a part of the Bosnian Muslims, the Bosnian Serb forces committed genocide. They targeted for extinction the forty thousand Bosnian Muslims living in Srebrenica, a group which was emblematic of the Bosnian Muslims in general. They stripped all the male Muslim prisoners, military and civilian, elderly and young, of their personal belongings and identification, and deliberately and methodically killed them solely on the basis of their identity.
    Serbs are Christians.

This wasn't recent enough for you?

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

Americans fighting for freedom and democracy, just like people in Austrialia, Japan, and all the EU countries are not the problem dude.

Letting them kill you, and letting them teach this hatred doesn't solve the problem, it only makes it worse.

It's like you're saying, the problem with Nazi Germany is we opposed Hitler. That just made him recruit more soldiers! If we had only been nice to him...

These people are recruited because we won't let them turn us into Muslims. That's ridiculous.

Al Qaeda numbers are WAY down since the Iraq war. Where's all this recruitment? That's a crazy argument, and it's nothing more than appeasement. Appeasement gets you nothing, but dead.

We're not talking about peace loving people here. We're talking about people that want to kill the world unless they follow Islam. Being nice to them doesn't stop their recruitment.

Hell, these crazy radicals are being recruited in America, where we're all free, and we have no occupiers, and no war on our soil at all. That seems to blow your argument to shreds. These people are killers, they will kill you, and if you're nice to them, they will just kill more people after they kill you.

Your argument boils down to, there are people that want to kill anyone that won't convert to their religion.

Exactly what I've been trying to say this whole time.

Bosnian Genocide
    Serbs are Christians.

This wasn't recent enough for you?

Na not really, one or two events is nothing compared to countless against many people across the whole world, and even against their own kind. (see stonings and beheadings)

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

First of all, I'm sorry for those that died, especially their families and friends.

Secondly, I feel sorry for the good Muslims that have to endure this once again.

Third, why in the world was this guy in our military and why did they force him to get deployed when he requested to be released?  If you join our military and use our tax dollars to get an education and get set for life, you don't get your religion and sympathy get in the way of following orders.  If you have strong religious beliefs and don't want to face people of your own religion in the battle field, then you should not join the military and use our tax dollars to get an education that I never had.

I'm very tolerant of people's religion, some people need it in their life, that's fine by me.  But if you think it'll ever get in the way out on the battlefield, you should never, ever, join the military.  Just like gays, I don't care what you do behind closed doors, just don't flaunt it in front of me.  Just like racism, I accept the fact that people have their own preferences and some people may be racist against another.  It's a fact of life, get over it and stop being so sensitive about it.

What I have problems with is their reasoning for committing these crazy acts.  Many of them say they've endured great pain in the past.  Many talk about how we don't understand what they've had to go through in the past.   All I can say is GET OVER IT.  Every race in the world  have had to endure great pain, genocide, slavery, mass murdering, being oppressed, etc.. back in history.  But people living today have nothing to do with any of that.  People living today have nothing to do with slavery.  Heck slavery didn't just happen to the black people.  I don't want to pay for your QQ's and I don't want to keep hearing about how your great great's have had to endure great pain.   Stop with this none sense and let's get along.

What's more sad is that people here are being used by our government, just as people in the middle east have been used by those with power.  They're told to do it for God/Allah, they are told they're all doing this to save their religion.  When in fact they are simply being used by those in power to gain land and wealth.  It's not about religion, they've been fighting in the middle east for land and power.  It's just too bad people that do crazy things like killing others and blowing themselves up think they're doing something holy.

I'm so sick and tired of this, and I don't see things getting better.  Obama definitely won't be able to do anything to make it better either.  Sorry for the rant.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

Originally posted by Mardy

First of all, I'm sorry for those that died, especially their families and friends.

Secondly, I feel sorry for the good Muslims that have to endure this once again.

Third, why in the world was this guy in our military and why did they force him to get deployed when he requested to be released?  If you join our military and use our tax dollars to get an education and get set for life, you don't get your religion and sympathy get in the way of following orders.  If you have strong religious beliefs and don't want to face people of your own religion in the battle field, then you should not join the military and use our tax dollars to get an education that I never had.

I'm very tolerant of people's religion, some people need it in their life, that's fine by me.  But if you think it'll ever get in the way out on the battlefield, you should never, ever, join the military.  Just like gays, I don't care what you do behind closed doors, just don't flaunt it in front of me.  Just like racism, I accept the fact that people have their own preferences and some people may be racist against another.  It's a fact of life, get over it and stop being so sensitive about it.

What I have problems with is their reasoning for committing these crazy acts.  Many of them say they've endured great pain in the past.  Many talk about how we don't understand what they've had to go through in the past.   All I can say is GET OVER IT.  Every race in the world  have had to endure great pain, genocide, slavery, mass murdering, being oppressed, etc.. back in history.  But people living today have nothing to do with any of that.  People living today have nothing to do with slavery.  Heck slavery didn't just happen to the black people.  I don't want to pay for your QQ's and I don't want to keep hearing about how your great great's have had to endure great pain.   Stop with this none sense and let's get along.

What's more sad is that people here are being used by our government, just as people in the middle east have been used by those with power.  They're told to do it for God/Allah, they are told they're all doing this to save their religion.  When in fact they are simply being used by those in power to gain land and wealth.  It's not about religion, they've been fighting in the middle east for land and power.  It's just too bad people that do crazy things like killing others and blowing themselves up think they're doing something holy.

I'm so sick and tired of this, and I don't see things getting better.  Obama definitely won't be able to do anything to make it better either.  Sorry for the rant.

I'm as fed up with it as you are. And it's sad we have no real way of fixing it.

This is utter nonsense.  I hate ISLAMIC religious intolerance just as much as I hate CHRISTIAN or ANY OTHER religious intolerance.  I support military action against ISLAMIC terrorists just as I support military action against ANY threat to the United States.

I find someone trying to convert me to Islam just as offensive as someone trying to convert me to Christianity.

The ONLY thing I said in my prior post was that it is WRONG to MARGINALIZE GOOD AMERICANS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE MUSLIM.

Pay attention and quit making stuff up.

I predicted last night that we would find out the Ft. Hood gunman had been harassed and subject to abuse for his heritage and beliefs.  Turns out I was right.

Nidal Malik Hasan, Suspected Fort Hood Shooter, Was Called "Camel Jockey"

Fort Hood Shooting Suspect Harassed By Others In Military and Wanted Out, Family Said

excerpts:

Fort Hood shooting suspect, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, wanted out of the Army after being constantly harassed by others in the military and was called a "camel jockey," his family said.

Hasan is an American citizen of Palestinian descent and after the 9/11 attacks, his cousin says he was the target of constant harassment from others in the military.

He wanted out of the Army, so he paid back his military student loans and hired an attorney.

-----

This guy grew up in middle class America and had NO ties to radical Islam.  He spent the better part of his adult life training to HELP PEOPLE and SERVE HIS COUNTRY in the process.  What reward does he get?  A decade of being treated like shit by his fellow Americans because of his faith and his heritage.  What he did was evil and unforgivable, but I can tell you I UNDERSTAND why he would have been enraged.  EVERYTHING in his experience was probably adding to the feeling that America really WAS anti-Islamic.  You then put him in one of the most difficult physician roles in the military where he is subjected to MASSIVE stress and tell him he is going to be deployed in a war about which he had become very emotionally conflicted.  He was a time bomb.

Here's the important thing I want all of you to READ before you start attacking this post: YES I agree that the "suicide bomber" mentality is FUNDAMENTALLY EVIL and that it is (in this case) almost certainly a DIRECT result of Islamic influence.  I'm not giving the guy a free pass.  He deserves whatever happens to him, and my only real sympathy in this case is with the families of the other victims.  This guy CLEARLY should have been detained and kicked out of the military a while ago based on all the evidence that he had become radical.

I'll assume you are capable of advanced enough thinking that you can accept my prior statement and still understand the need to look at OTHER aspects of this problem.

Here's what comes to my mind:  We had a very intelligent, OBVIOUSLY patriotic, and highly skilled young man with a FIRST HAND understanding of Islam ready to serve our country.  Did his fellow soldiers say "I'm glad you are on our side- please help us understand Islam and the Islamic world better so we can be more effective in our mission?"

No. 

They ridiculed him and ostracized him.  Dipshits like Pat Robertson are on television preaching that The U.S. is a Christian Nation headed for a holy war with Islam.  TYPICAL STUPID PREJUDICED XENOPHOBIC CRAP.  I am a white male of anglo-saxon protestant heritage living in the south and I have heard IGNORANT RACIST CRAP from people around me almost every day of my life.  Being surrounded by that kind of VILE STUPIDITY pushes any decent person to their limits.

This guy COULD have been one of the MODERATE Muslims helping to STAMP OUT the cancer of radical militant Islam.  Instead we marginalized him to the point where he said "fuck it" and WASTED a bunch of lives including his own.

Don't you DARE question my patriotism because I will defend this nation with force against any enemy at any time.  My only request is that STUPID PEOPLE STOP HELPING THE LUNATICS RECRUIT!  Enough of the prejudice.  Wake up and turn on your brains.  The more you hate Islam, the more Muslims are going to hate America. 

We have LOTS of Muslims still living here in America.  How about tomorrow instead of making some racial slur under your breath you walk up to one and say "hey, how are you.  It must be kinda tough for Muslims in America these days.  I would really like to understand more about your religion and your culture because we all need to learn to LIVE TOGETHER.  If there is anything I can do to help your community during these difficult times let me know."

That would be about the most Patriotic (and Christian) thing I can imagine doing.  Anyone who calls this "weak" or "appeasement" is a raging, world-class IDIOT.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

My heart goes out to those soliders that was killed. I want to look up more info on this. I would have figured on an army base this guy would have been taken out sooner.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Bosnian Genocide
    Serbs are Christians.

I'm not mad.  Your tendency toward selective blindness and selective amnesia is frustrating.  Why should I waste time on a serious exchange of ideas if you aren't taking it seriously?  No big deal, but I thought you really cared about the issue at hand.  If you are just trolling, no biggie and the joke's on me.

Can you blame them? Thankfully the developed christian nations are taking more rational steps to deal with the Islamic threat. Of coarse over there in that shit fest, desperate measures have to be taken to combat Islam. That's why I've said many times through out this thread the only way to really protect ourselves from those animals is become isolationist or corner them on their own turf and kill them, all out of self defense like what we're doing now.

And THANKFULLY we're not he only country that believes in this same method, many countries have suffered because of Islam and the people of the world are fed up with it.

Dude, you are SCUM.  You just CONDONED acts of GENOCIDE as defined by international law.

For your sake I hope this is the result of inability to fully understand the meaning of your words.  If not you are as genuinely EVIL as the worst people who have ever walked the earth.

My god I feel like I'm going to puke just seeing those words written by an American.

All kidding aside, I would like to suggest that you get some mental health counseling.

Do not address any further communication to me on this board or otherwise.

EDIT- by the way I'm reporting your post as hate speech.  I don't care if it gets you banned or both of us banned.  You crossed a line that requires a response however.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

This thread has gotten pretty pathetic. Why is it still here?

dynamo122: Wtf is a muslim doing in the U.S. army. That was my first reaction.

Enkindu: When I see shit this stupid i just want to quit.

All of it.

Enkindu: This guy CLEARLY should have been detained and kicked out of the military a while ago based on all the evidence that he had become radical.

He shouldn't have been in the military to begin with. Not when we're at war with people fighting for the very religion he practices. And now we paid the price for just assuming he was non radical and peace loving.

Stupid shit indeed.

Bosnian Genocide
    Serbs are Christians.

Dude, you are SCUM.  You just CONDONED acts of GENOCIDE as defined by international law.

For your sake I hope this is the result of inability to fully understand the meaning of your words.  If not you are as genuinely EVIL as the worst people who have ever walked the earth.

My god I feel like I'm going to puke just seeing those words written by an American.

All kidding aside, I would like to suggest that you get some mental health counseling.

EDIT- by the way I'm reporting your post as hate speech.  I don't care if it gets you banned or both of us banned.  You crossed a line that requires a response however.

Yeah? And fuck you for defending the enemy of the country. Traitor.

Disgusting piece of garbage you are.

Bosnian Genocide
    Serbs are Christians.

EDIT: Actually no, I didn't say it was alright. I said those people didn't have a choice. And that it's a good thing we americans don't engage in that kind of inhumane shit. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

But you're still a scum bag traitor for defending this ideology.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

All of it.
    Enkindu: This guy CLEARLY should have been detained and kicked out of the military a while ago based on all the evidence that he had become radical.
    He shouldn't have been in the military to begin with. Not when we're at war with people fighting for the very religion he practices. And now we paid the price for just assuming he was non radical and peace loving.
    Stupid shit indeed.

It is the exact shit I expected to see.

How widely this viewpoint is felt by the American populace and how old is the poster of the comment?

To America's shame I still believe these attitudes to be widely felt. On the otherhand if he's like a teenager or something, there is no shame in him feeling this way. If you don't know any muslims or have any social interaction with them, these kinds of attitudes will be yours by default. Emotional maturity comes with life experience. You can't rationalise it and no matter how smart you are, you need to live life to gain it.

People flip out. We all know folk can go crazy, and around guns folk go crazier a little bit more often; and with a lot more serious consequences. Those of you who own guns know what I'm talking about. You know what your thought processes are when you have a gun in your hand. You know the little daydreams you have and the feelings of empowerment you get. You know you are not willing to take any shit from anyone when you've got your gun.

So people flip out. You go down the pub on saturday night and someone is going to be kick off. Every saturday night. It could be anyone. Your brother spilt up with his wife and kids and ...bla bla bla. He is going to get into a fight with someone, It could be you.

Add guns to the recipe and it gets more serious.

That a muslim in the American Army should get so mad he flips is less than hard to believe. Anyone can flip, but a muslim in an environment like america, let alone the American Army? Boy that must suck.  

Having a black president is a big step for American's.

Ultimately, no matter how institutionally racist the American Amry is, no matter how hated the muslim in America, this is a story about a crank with a gun.

Betrayal, racism and war are just the backdrops to it.

Soldiers shoot eachother. This kind of stuff happens. Christian soldiers shoot other christian soldiers too.  Like that fat guy in Full Metal Jacket. It's possible to push people over the edge and all male institutions aren't the nicest of places, especially if it's you that is their scapegoat.

Originally posted by baff

All of it.
    Stupid shit indeed.

How widely this viewpoint is felt by the American populace and how old is the poster of the comment?

To America's shame I still believe these attitudes to be widely felt. On the otherhand if he's like a teenager or something, there is no shame in him feeling this way. If you don't know any muslims or have any social interaction with them, these kinds of attitudes will be yours by default. Emotional maturity comes with life experience. You can't rationalise it and no matter how smart you are, you need to live life to gain it.

People flip out. We all know folk can go crazy, and around guns folk go crazier a little bit more often; and with a lot more serious consequences. Those of you who own guns know what I'm talking about. You know what your thought processes are when you have a gun in your hand. You know the little daydreams you have and the feelings of empowerment you get. You know you are not willing to take any shit from anyone when you've got your gun.

So people flip out. You go down the pub on saturday night and someone is going to be kick off. Every saturday night. It could be anyone. Your brother spilt up with his wife and kids and ...bla bla bla. He is going to get into a fight with someone, It could be you.

That a muslim in the American Army should get so mad he flips is less than hard to believe. Anyone can flip, but a muslim in an environment like america, let alone the American Army? Boy that must suck.  

ultimately, no matter how institutionally racist the American Amry is, no matter how hated the muslim in America, this is a story about a crank with a gun.

Betrayal, racism and war are just the backdrops to it. Soldiers shoot eachother. This kind of stuff happens. Christian soldiers shoot other christian soldiers too.  Like that fat guy in Full Metal Jacket. It's possible to push people over the edge and all male instittuions aren't the nice of places if it's you that is the scapegoat.

Before you stick your foot in your mouth any further you may want to look at a few other posts in this thread.

You've misunderstood my position 180 degrees by misreading a bad cut and paste job.

Not that you are any stranger to the taste of shoe leather.

All of it.
    Stupid shit indeed.

ultimately, no matter how institutionally racist the American Amry is, no matter how hated the muslim in America, this is a story about a crank with a gun.

Betrayal, racism and war are just the backdrops to it. Soldiers shoot eachother. This kind of stuff happens. Christian soldiers shoot other christian soldiers too.  Like that fat guy in Full Metal Jacket. It's possible to push people over the edge and all male instittuions aren't the nice of places if it's you that is the scapegoat.

Before you stick your foot in your mouth any further you may want to look at a few other posts in this thread.

You've misunderstood my position 180 degrees by misreading a bad cut and paste job.

Not that you are any stranger to the taste of shoe leather.

Yeah I can't seem to find the wrap quote button.. 

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

I will admit that Islam in its current state does seem to be more prone to promoting violent behavior.

Gee don't go too far out on a limb there...

I actually think this tragedy is more in line with the preacher that killed a abortion doctor a little while back.  It's more a case of one guy snapping rather than a whole denomination going psycho.  Radical muslims either keep an extremely low profile stateside or they simply don't come over here.  They're smart in that sense.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

All of it.
    Stupid shit indeed.

Ultimately, no matter how institutionally racist the American Amry is, no matter how hated the muslim in America, this is a story about a crank with a gun.

Betrayal, racism and war are just the backdrops to it.

Soldiers shoot eachother. This kind of stuff happens. Christian soldiers shoot other christian soldiers too.  Like that fat guy in Full Metal Jacket. It's possible to push people over the edge and all male institutions aren't the nicest of places, especially if it's you that is their scapegoat.

As if the Muslims aren't doing it to themselves...

Christians or Jews aren't known for killing loads of people in the name of their religion...at least not in this century=)  So the whole "EVERYONE does it so its OK" doesn't fly.   The guy chose a perfect time, when everyone was all lined up for the slaughter.  Easy pickings.  Calm and calculated...NOT...flipping out.   How ignorant and weak minded to believe this man/animal was pushed into doing what he did.  He volunteered, the ingrate. Sucked our tax dollars then killed a bunch of people in the name of a religion based on conversion or death.  I feel so sorry for him=)  I'll applaud when he burns.

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

The hero cop who ended the bloody rampage at Fort Hood by pumping four bullets into the crazed gunman even though she was wounded is known for her toughness, friends say.

Before relocating to Texas, civilian police Sgt. Kimberly Munley spent about five years as a cop in North Carolina where she forged a reputation as a no-nonsense officer.

“I’d like to say I’m surprised, but I’m really not,” said close friend Drew Peterson, 27.

“She was born and bread to be a police officer. If you were ever to be in a fight, she’d be the first person to stand up next to you and back you up. She’s a tough cookie.”

Munley’s toughness and grace under pressure were on display Thursday when she and her partner responded within three minutes of reported gunfire, said Army Lt. Gen. Bob Cone.

Munley, who had been trained in active-response tactics, rushed into the building and confronted the shooter as he was turning a corner

A real hero

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

The media needs to focus more on talking about the heroes and victims of this tragedy, rather than feel sorry about the person who killed 13 people and wounded 30+.  Something's just really wrong today when some media outlet are somewhat suggesting this poor guy was pushed into doing what he did, almost feeling sorry for him.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• It is not really a Muslim thing, it is a religious nut thing. Don't forget our good Christians of Jonestown, nor the Bhuddists that tried to use WMD on Tokyo trains. The problem is not religion, it is insane extremeism.

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818
    Originally posted by Mardy

The media needs to focus more on talking about the heroes and victims of this tragedy, rather than feel sorry about the person who killed 13 people and wounded 30+.  Something's just really wrong today when some media outlet are somewhat suggesting this poor guy was pushed into doing what he did, almost feeling sorry for him.

Thats what liberal media does.  The perpitraitor is ALWAYS a victim.  Pathetic.  Someone breaks into your house a puts a gun to your head, steals your money, then when he's running out of the house, you shoot him.  Who's the victim?  HIM of course because you didn't need to assault him after he was leaving.   Someone tries to carjack you but instead steals your wallet.  When he's running away, you run him over with your car.  Who's the victim?  HIM of course!!  You didn't need to run him over, because you weren't in any danger.  Man volunteers to enter the armed services.  Uses the GI Bill to get an education.  Then, gets all upset over how and where he serves, so he blows away a bunch of people.  Who's the victim? HIM of course, because the govt shouldn't force anyone to do anything even when they volunteer to follow orders.

Pathetic yet all true stories.  And I'm glad I live in FL, because the first two examples don't apply to me anymore=)

This discussion has been closed.