Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Masters of the Universe

I remember I found these to be some of the most interesting toys when I was a little boy. The funny thing is I never owned one, but my cousin had almost the whole collection of them. Whenever I was over at my cousins house as a little boy I was always fascinated with his Masters of the Universe toys.

Comments

• MorienWynterMorienWynter Member Posts: 4

Ah.. gotta love old MotU.. I had about 10+ of those toys. The skunk figure (can't remember the name anymore) actually stunk pretty bad! Boy did my parents ever regret getting me that one! And my cousin hated me for chasing her with it!

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Dude!  I had He-Man with that big Battle Cat that came with removable armor and everything.  I even had a Skeletor that had a revolving piece in his chest that could simulate battle damage.  It would rotate going from no damage to a small scratch to a dent.

Yep, He-man was the cartoon I used to watch when I was a kid.  Sure there were Ninja Turtles and stuff but He-man was the shit.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Masters of the Universe is not my generation, but i used to watch it on Cartoon Network when I was way younger. It was some fun stuff to watch. There was a very strange collection of chracters. You can say it was more of your prehistoric style X-Men in a way. I enjoyed it as I was a kid.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

I gotta say that theyre really cool, but way past my time.  When I was a kid the only action figures I collected were the original Star Wars figures and some old school GI Joes (the individual, not the group).

I think the last action figures I collected as a kid were the Dungeons and Dragons action figures.  I had quite a few of them, even the monsters, mounts etc..  Ya that was borderline for me being a bit too old for collecting figures. 

funny, now I collect horror action figures as an adult.  Im a big fan of Friday the 13th so I collect a lot of  jason figures, some freddy, a couple zombies.  Although, these arent cheapo figures.. theyre collectibles.  I buy most from Sideshow Collectibles and directly from Mezco.  If you got a disposable income and are a fan of figure collectibles, check those sites out.  They make some amazing stuff.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • Man they sure look a lot crappier than I remember them. My personal favourite was the buzzsaw Hordak. Sure, he was fatter than usual, but he had a reason for it. The reason being having a big buzzsaw crammed in his stomach so it could be launched at people.

• GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694

A new Masters of the Universe Movie is coming out in the next few years. The first one from the 80's was actually quite good in my opinion.

• dynamo122dynamo122 Member Posts: 162

Omg, the yellow and blue dude with the radar on his chest! He was my favorite toy! 

Also the snake dude as seen in the first picture, you could extend his neck in and out to make it short or long.

• ChealarChealar Member Posts: 268

Ah I remember these, and the crappy French translation ^^