Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shooting at Fort Hood

Comments

• EnkinduEnkindu Member Posts: 1,098
    Originally posted by Horkathane

Man I cant believe some of the weak minded people in this thread. As of this moment there should be an executive order removing anyone of the muslim faith from the armed services immediately! Every solider reguardless of race should have a backgound investigation and if there is a trace of Islam anywhere he is booted out! I dont care if there is a photo of him or her in a head scarf GTFO!
    Next the Entire muslim religon should be profiled by a new section of the FBI called "The Night Watch" named after the original colonies protectors that Paul Revere was a member of.
    We are at war with Radical Islam...AOE Attack Now! 
    If I was President I would drop 2 nukes, one on Iran and the other on Afghanistan. This is my Opinion of what needs to be done.
    Now watch as the Liberals attack me.

No, if you are going to troll religion and politics you have to have a bit more finesse.

There are some real pros here, have a look around.

As for this post, watch as the liberals ignore you.

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

• HorkathaneHorkathane Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by Enkindu

Man I cant believe some of the weak minded people in this thread. As of this moment there should be an executive order removing anyone of the muslim faith from the armed services immediately! Every solider reguardless of race should have a backgound investigation and if there is a trace of Islam anywhere he is booted out! I dont care if there is a photo of him or her in a head scarf GTFO!
    Next the Entire muslim religon should be profiled by a new section of the FBI called "The Night Watch" named after the original colonies protectors that Paul Revere was a member of.
    If I was President I would drop 2 nukes, one on Iran and the other on Afghanistan. This is my Opinion of what needs to be done.

No, if you are going to troll religion and politics you have to have a bit more finesse.

There are some real pros here, have a look around.

As for this post, watch as the liberals ignore you.

Liberals ignore me? Hmm seems like you are doing a pretty good job with ignoring eh?

This is no Troll Im Ex Military Fool and Pro WAR!!! Weakness is the enemy of Peace and War is the purging of Evil and Weakness is is the tool of Evil. Liberals and progressives feel they are superior because they have no soul. The radical Islam disease is a tool of the Liberals way to wage war on conservatism by proxy. 

Conservatism = Honor, Boundaries, Patriotism and Family

Liberlism / Progressive  = Deceit, Fool, abomination, inhuman

• ForumfallForumfall Member Posts: 570

I wonder what they did to him to make him freak out? Poor dude... studies so long and then throws it all out the window!!!

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by TheHatter

We had a guy blow his own finger off just before we went for pre-deployment training (what Ft. Hood is... but we went to Camp Shelby, MS). Then we got to Iraq and it was completely dead, to the point where we were doing stupid stuff just in hopes something would happen so we could break the monotony of it all.
    People do some stupid stuff not to go, I'm just surprised it was a MAJ that did it. It still boils down the fact that he was nothing but a coward and that caused him to lose his mind. Just because he was hurt in the process of being a coward, doesn't make him any less of a coward. (See the first sentence of my post)

Doesn't seem like the guy was just going postal. He fell into the Jihad thing, and was mad the US was in Afghanistan and Iraq.

It seems like he'd have been fine if we were at war with North Korea, but don't mess with his Sharia Law because it upset him. f

This happens to some people in the Muslim faith. They fall off the deepend.

You go to a Mosque and there's some peopel there preaching the Jihad!

This just doesn't exist in other faiths. There's no one at a Christain Church or a Buddhist Temple, or Jewish, or Hindu, trying to recruit people with the idea that all the Infidels need to worhip the ONLY god or die.

Not all Muslims fall for this crap, but it is a hazard that exists at Mosques and no wehre else.And we know people can get crazy about religion.

So you couple the tendency for people to get crazy about religion, with a religion that has a segment that actively recruits this craziness for violence, and it's not a good thing.

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Originally posted by TheHatter

We had a guy blow his own finger off just before we went for pre-deployment training (what Ft. Hood is... but we went to Camp Shelby, MS). Then we got to Iraq and it was completely dead, to the point where we were doing stupid stuff just in hopes something would happen so we could break the monotony of it all.
    People do some stupid stuff not to go, I'm just surprised it was a MAJ that did it. It still boils down the fact that he was nothing but a coward and that caused him to lose his mind. Just because he was hurt in the process of being a coward, doesn't make him any less of a coward. (See the first sentence of my post)

Doesn't seem like the guy was just going postal. He fell into the Jihad thing, and was mad the US was in Afghanistan and Iraq.

It seems like he'd have been fine if we were at war with North Korea, but don't mess with his Sharia Law because it upset him. f

This happens to some people in the Muslim faith. They fall off the deepend.

You go to a Mosque and there's some peopel there preaching the Jihad!

This just doesn't exist in other faiths. There's no one at a Christain Church or a Buddhist Temple, or Jewish, or Hindu, trying to recruit people with the idea that all the Infidels need to worhip the ONLY god or die.

Not all Muslims fall for this crap, but it is a hazard that exists at Mosques and no wehre else.

I will admit that Islam in its current state does seem to be more prone to promoting violent behavior.

I think it is important to remember that Christianity went through a rather bloody and intolerant phase as well.  It is interesting to note that Islam is one of the world's youngest major religions.

I think it is important to realize that radical militant Islam is no more a representation of  true Islamic ideals than "skinheads" are a representation of true Christian ideals.  Here is a link to a good article:

Does Islam Promote Violence?

excerpts:

Muslim scholars are of the opinion that war is permitted in self defense, when other nations have attacked an Islamic state, or if another state is oppressing a section of its own people. When Muslims were to fight a war they had to maintain great discipline, avoiding injury to the innocent and use only the minimum force needed. Striking a blow in anger, even in battle, was prohibited. The prisoners of war were to be treated in a humane fashion. However, this is only a part of Jihad that Muslims are allowed to practice. A greater Jihad is struggle against one's own inner self.

The word Jihad comes from the root Arabic word "Jahd," which means to struggle or to strive. It is understood by piety minded Muslims as a positive, noble and laudatory term. That is how most apply it in their personal, social, political and military lives. The history of the Muslim rulers, on the other hand, gives us examples of those who attempted to sanctify their wars of personal aggrandizement as wars for a noble cause by applying the label Jihad to them. A few even named their war departments as the departments of Jihad. This kind of behavior may be likened to a politician's attempt to wrap him in the flag. Such exploitation of the term should not be allowed to corrupt the original or the commonly understood meaning of the word, which is to strive for the highest possible goals, struggle against injustice and practice self denial and self control to achieve the moral purity to which all piety minded people aspire.

The "holy war" concept, for which many non-Muslims use the word Jihad, is foreign to Islam. Rather, it comes from a concept first used to justify the Crusades by the Christian Church during the middle Ages. The concept of "holy war" may even go back to the time when the emperor Constantine the Great allegedly saw a vision in the sky with the inscription on the cross, "in hoc signo vinces" (in this sign you will be the victor). The Arabic term, as has been pointed out by scholars, for "the holy war" would be al-harab al-muqaddas, which neither appears in the Qur'an or the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (Hadith). Prophet Muhammad's wars were defensive wars against groups who sought to eradicate Islam and the Muslims.

It is clear from even a cursory study of the Qur'an that Islam does not permit, condone or promote violence. Just the opposite, it abhors violence and allows it only in self-defense. A claim to the contrary is no more than bad fiction.

The critics of the Qur'an should remember that if the Bible were similarly quoted out of context, it would appear to be an extra ordinarily violent scripture. I will leave Graham and Robertson to defend the violence in the Bible and the history of Christianity.

-----

I think the moderate Muslims in the United States were once perhaps our best possible allies in the fight against radical Islam.  By marginalizing and excluding these American citizens SIMPLY because they share a religious faith with a very dangerous and active group of radicals, we have essentially HELPED the cause of radical Islam by demonstrating fear, ignorance, and prejudice.  Most of the Muslims I know in the U.S. want nothing more than to live with freedom, peace, and prosperity.  In the last decade however, they have become more fearful and less trusting of non-Muslims with GOOD REASON.  Random acts of hate and violence by those unable to differentiate between hardworking, patriotic Americans and dangerous, psychotic fanatics have created a rift in our country that may be hard to heal.

I certainly do not claim to know anything about the shooter in Texas, but I am willing to bet that  this man was once a patriotic American who felt completely betrayed by a country that he had pledged to serve.  This is absolutely no excuse for his selfish and evil act, but we had better START to understand the issues at hand here if we are going to get out of the horrid mess that we are in.

-----

Also, to the soldier posting in this thread: thank you for your service from a grateful nation.  I have to question the notion that this was an act of cowardice to avoid deployment.  I would imagine he fully expected to be killed during this rampage... why expose yourself to certain violence to avoid the possibility of exposure to violence?   I think this was an act of rage, resentment, and desperation.... and I think it is VERY important that we as a society begin to understand the REASON for that rage.   We should absolutely fight all enemies, foreign and domestic, to protect this great nation... but it is FOOLISH to resort to extreme measures without even a basic understanding of the issues at hand.

Edit- by the way this REALLY needs to go to Religion and Politics...

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

• dynamo122dynamo122 Member Posts: 162

Agree with half of what you say. Genocide isn't the way to go, only self defense and it's unfortunate there are people here that wanna just sit around and get killed and say to the killers " Oh but let me halp you! Cos I lov u and it make me look all gud n stuff. "

Sigh.

1. WHAT THE QUR’AN SAYS. The familiar term jihad, often translated holy war, literally means struggle. Many Muslims emphasize that jihad is about struggling against evil desires and, if necessary, defending one’s homeland and religious heritage. "Fight for the sake of God those that fight against you, but do not attack them first. God does not love the aggressors. Slay them wherever you find them. Drive them out of the places from which they drove you. Idolatry is more grievous than bloodshed.... Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God’s religion reigns supreme." (Qur’an 2:190-192) [Note: Qur’anic quotes from N.J.Dawood’s English translation (The Koran, Penguin Books, UK, 1993)]. A favorite verse of moderate Muslims is 2:256 which says: "Let there be no compulsion in religion. True guidance is now distinct from error." Militant Muslims, however, will point you to numerous Qur’anic texts where Muhammad (as Allah’s spokesman) commands his followers to fight and subdue all who resist Islam. What leads young men to volunteer to die for the privilege of killing others "for the cause of Allah"? Could it have something to do with the fact that Islam offers no certain hope of heaven to any of its adherents, with one exception? Consider these few Qur’anic verses...

* "As for those who are slain in the cause of God, He will not allow their works to perish. ... He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them." (47:4-6)

* "Let those who would exchange the life of this world for the hereafter, fight for the cause of God; whether he dies or triumphs, We shall richly reward him. ... The true believers fight for the cause of God, but the infidels fight for the devil. Fight then against the friends of Satan ..." (4:74,76)

* "The believers who stay at home––apart from those that suffer a grave impediment––are not the equals of those who fight for the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God has given those that fight with their goods and their persons a higher rank than those who stay at home ..." (4:95,96)

* "Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. ... lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way ..." (9:5)

* "Those that make war against God and His apostle and spread disorder in the land shall be put to death or crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or be banished from the land. They shall be held up to shame in this world and sternly punished in the hereafter: except those that repent before you reduce them ..." (5:34,35)

* "Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God’s religion shall reign supreme" (8:39)

* "Prophet, rouse the faithful to arms. If there are twenty steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish two hundred; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding." (8:65)

* "Fight against such of those to whom the Scriptures were given ... and do not embrace the true Faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (9:29)

The Qur’an contains scores of similar verses.

Most Muslim Scholars see the world divided into two "houses"—the House of Peace (Dar Al-Salaam) and the House of War (Dar Al-Harb). The general idea is that Muslims belong to the House of Peace, while those who have not yet submitted to Islam belong to the House of War until they are "utterly subdued." However, even this distinction is often blurred since militant Muslims (who take the above verses at face value) also include moderate Muslims in the House of War.

YEAP. PEACE LOVING ALRIGHT.

We can play the same game with the Bible:

Death of Women, Children, Infants, and Unborn babies.

Numbers 31:17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Joshua 10:28And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho. 29Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: 30And the LORD delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel; and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; but did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho.31And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all Israel with him, unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it: 32And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah.

2 Kings 2:23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

2 Kings 15:16Then Menahem smote Tiphsah, and all that were therein, and the coasts thereof from Tirzah: because they opened not to him, therefore he smote it; and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.

Psalms 137:9Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Psalms 137:9Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks. (NLT)

Ezekial 9: 5And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. 7And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

Hosea 9:16Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

Hosea 13:16Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Punishment for cursing parents (Death):

Exodus 21:15And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.

Exodus 21:17And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

Deuteronomy 21:18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Matthew 15:1Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 4For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Punishment For Apostates (Death):

Deuteronomy 13:6If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Deuteronomy 13: 13Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.

Deuteronomy 17:3And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

2 Chronicles 15:13That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Romans 1:21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Punishment for Psychics (Death):

Leviticus 20: 27A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Punishment for Rapists (or Rape Victims, You Decide):

Deuteronomy 22:28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; 29Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Deuteronomy 22:28 If a man meets a virgin who is not engaged, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are caught in the act, 29the man who lay with her shall give fifty shekels of silver to the young woman’s father, and she shall become his wife. Because he violated her he shall not be permitted to divorce her as long as he lives. (NRSV)

and a few others:

Deuteronomy 13:15 "Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly . . . "

Exodus 32:27 ". . . Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour."

Deut 21:10-12 "When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; "

Exodus 31:15 " . . . whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."

Here's an interesting pair of quotes from the Qur'an regarding other faiths:

Surah 2:62 - “Verily, those who have attained to faith [in this divine writ], as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the Christians, and the Sabians – all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds – shall have their reward with their Sustainer; and no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve.”

Surah 2:111 - “And they claim, “None shall ever enter paradise unless he be a Jew” – or, “a Christian”. Such are their wishful beliefs! Say: “Produce an evidence for what you are claiming, if what you say is true! Yea, indeed: everyone who surrenders his whole being to God, and is a doer of good withal, shall have his reward with his Sustainer; and all such need have no fear, and neither shall they grieve.”

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    It is clear from even a cursory study of the Qur'an that Islam does not permit, condone or promote violence. Just the opposite, it abhors violence and allows it only in self-defense.

Quite untrue. If you were to study the history of Mohammad, you would think otherwise. Of course, if you study it from a Muslim point of view, it is quite biased.

Mohammad was a rapist, murderer and child molester. That is not my opinion, that is history's.

Numbers 31:17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
    Joshua 10:28And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho. 29Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: 30And the LORD delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel; and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; but did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho.31And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all Israel with him, unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it: 32And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah.

2 Kings 2:23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

2 Kings 15:16Then Menahem smote Tiphsah, and all that were therein, and the coasts thereof from Tirzah: because they opened not to him, therefore he smote it; and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.

Psalms 137:9Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
    Psalms 137:9Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks. (NLT)

Ezekial 9: 5And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. 7And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

Hosea 9:16Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

Hosea 13:16Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Exodus 21:15And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.

Exodus 21:17And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

Deuteronomy 21:18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Matthew 15:1Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 4For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Deuteronomy 13:6If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
    Deuteronomy 13: 13Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
    Deuteronomy 17:3And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
    2 Chronicles 15:13That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
    Romans 1:21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Leviticus 20: 27A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; 29Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
    Deuteronomy 22:28 If a man meets a virgin who is not engaged, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are caught in the act, 29the man who lay with her shall give fifty shekels of silver to the young woman’s father, and she shall become his wife. Because he violated her he shall not be permitted to divorce her as long as he lives. (NRSV)
    and a few others:
    Deuteronomy 13:15 "Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly . . . "
    Exodus 32:27 ". . . Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour."
    Deut 21:10-12 "When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; "
    Exodus 31:15 " . . . whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."

Surah 2:62 - “Verily, those who have attained to faith [in this divine writ], as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the Christians, and the Sabians – all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds – shall have their reward with their Sustainer; and no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve.”
    Surah 2:111 - “And they claim, “None shall ever enter paradise unless he be a Jew” – or, “a Christian”. Such are their wishful beliefs! Say: “Produce an evidence for what you are claiming, if what you say is true! Yea, indeed: everyone who surrenders his whole being to God, and is a doer of good withal, shall have his reward with his Sustainer; and all such need have no fear, and neither shall they grieve.”

And how many christians today do you know that goes about doing these things?

That's the difference here. Nice try though.

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

Pure scum through and through.  Theres no need to understand him.  Heal him up, try him in public so everyone sees this religion for what it is, AGAIN, then execute him...QUICKLY.

Originally posted by dynamo122

and a few others:

That really might depend on your point of view...

Remember when I recommended that you study post-Yugoslavia Balkan conflicts?

Pay close attention to those sections in this article about Persecution of Muslims for a modern perspective.

Here are a two compilations of casualty listings for  Iraq and Bosnia-Herzegovina representing primarily Islamic casualties.(different numbers indicate different estimate sources)  (see the full list here):

Iraq (1990-): 350 000

* International Embargo

According to the 21 March 1998 Times Union (Albany), the UN Food and Agriculture Organization estimated that 1,000,000 Iraqis, incl. 560,000 children, died as a result of malnutrition and disease caused by the international embargo imposed following the invasion of Kuwait. The article mentions the use of these numbers by an official of the United Church of Christ, and also labels the figures "commonly used -- but also disputed".

9 Oct. 2001 Slate "Explainer" acknowledges the possibility of 350,000-500,000 excess deaths among children since 1991, but points out that Saddam blames the UN and the US blames Saddam

Ramsey Clark: 1,500,000 including 750,000 children

UNICEF: 500,000 excess child deaths (under-five) 1991 to 1998

6 Aug. 1999 CNN

+ UN: 1M excess deaths

+ Al-Thawra newspaper: 1.5M

Project on Defense Alternatives, 20 Oct. 2003: "[T]he sanction regime probably cost the lives of 170,000 children. (Much higher estimates for 1992-1998 sanction deaths ... are based on faulty baseline statistics for prewar childhood mortality in Iraq)."

Bosnia and Herzegovina (1992-95): 175 000

* Total

U.S. State Dept.: 250,000 (Bosnia and Herzegovina Country Report on Human Rights Practices for 1996

29 April 1999 AP: 250,000

Compton's Encyclopedia: 200,000

6 April 2002 Times [London]: 200,000, incl...

+ D. in siege of Sarajevo: 15,000

+ Massacred in Srebrenica: 8,000

MEDIAN: ca. 175,000

International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights: more than 160,000

Dan Smith (The State of War and Peace Atlas 1997) uses the Bosnian War as the example of how difficult it is to estimate accurate death tolls, but in the end, he settles for 150,000.

B&J: >60,000

George Kenney, The Bosnia Calculation (NY Times Magazine, 23 April 1995): 25,000 to 60,000

* Srebrenica

6 July 2000 LA Times:

+ 4,700 bodies exhumed

+ Internat. Red Cross estimates total of 7,079 k.

+ Amal Masovic's B-H govt. commission: 8,400

and a few others:

That really might depend on your point of view...

Remember when I recommended that you study post-Yugoslavia Balkan conflicts?

Pay close attention to those sections in this article about Persecution of Muslims for a modern perspective.

Here are a two compilations of casualty listings for  Iraq and Bosnia-Herzegovina representing primarily Islamic casualties.(different numbers indicate different estimate sources)  (see the full list here):

Iraq (1990-): 350 000

* International Embargo

According to the 21 March 1998 Times Union (Albany), the UN Food and Agriculture Organization estimated that 1,000,000 Iraqis, incl. 560,000 children, died as a result of malnutrition and disease caused by the international embargo imposed following the invasion of Kuwait. The article mentions the use of these numbers by an official of the United Church of Christ, and also labels the figures "commonly used -- but also disputed".

9 Oct. 2001 Slate "Explainer" acknowledges the possibility of 350,000-500,000 excess deaths among children since 1991, but points out that Saddam blames the UN and the US blames Saddam

Ramsey Clark: 1,500,000 including 750,000 children

UNICEF: 500,000 excess child deaths (under-five) 1991 to 1998

6 Aug. 1999 CNN

+ UN: 1M excess deaths

+ Al-Thawra newspaper: 1.5M

Project on Defense Alternatives, 20 Oct. 2003: "[T]he sanction regime probably cost the lives of 170,000 children. (Much higher estimates for 1992-1998 sanction deaths ... are based on faulty baseline statistics for prewar childhood mortality in Iraq)."

Bosnia and Herzegovina (1992-95): 175 000

* Total

U.S. State Dept.: 250,000 (Bosnia and Herzegovina Country Report on Human Rights Practices for 1996

29 April 1999 AP: 250,000

Compton's Encyclopedia: 200,000

6 April 2002 Times [London]: 200,000, incl...

+ D. in siege of Sarajevo: 15,000

+ Massacred in Srebrenica: 8,000

MEDIAN: ca. 175,000

International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights: more than 160,000

Dan Smith (The State of War and Peace Atlas 1997) uses the Bosnian War as the example of how difficult it is to estimate accurate death tolls, but in the end, he settles for 150,000.

B&J: >60,000

George Kenney, The Bosnia Calculation (NY Times Magazine, 23 April 1995): 25,000 to 60,000

* Srebrenica

6 July 2000 LA Times:

+ 4,700 bodies exhumed

+ Internat. Red Cross estimates total of 7,079 k.

+ Amal Masovic's B-H govt. commission: 8,400

What I thought. Nothing left to argue here, move along people.

Is this how you respond when you don't have any further evidence to support your argument?

Or just a nonsensical statement that you hope will distract people?

Edit- perhaps you've had a relapse with your reading comprehension problem and have failed to understand everything i just posted.

Those are just examples that Muslims might take to represent "Christian" or "Christian sponsored" hostility.

If you are once again too simple to understand that presenting this evidence in no WAY indicates my lack of support for the United States.... well I guess there's no easy cure for lack of intelligence.

You might prove that you aren't a complete simpleton if you can demonstrate some understanding of what CAUSED those deaths in Bosnia.  I'm pretty sure you have no clue.

Is this how you respond when you don't have any further evidence to support your argument?

You never answered my simple question and instead went into " Oh oh well...well...that depends. "

Again: How many christians do you know today that go about killing in the name of God? Obviously none so there's nothing left to argue here and I'm not going to go into semantics with you because your argument was easily defeated with a mere sentence.

This argument is settled.

You never answered my simple question and instead went into " Oh oh well...well...that depends. "

I gave you half a page of answers.  I guess it was too much for you to process at once.

Again: How many christians do you know today that go about killing in the name of God? Obviously none so there's nothing left to argue here and I'm not going to go into semantics with you because your argument was easily defeated with a mere sentence.

Dude.  Bosnia-Herzegovina.  LOOK IT UP.  Quit making yourself look like an idiot.

Dude.  Bosnia-Herzegovina.  LOOK IT UP.  Quit making yourself look like an idiot.

Looked it up, i see a region in racial and political strife. How does this indicate christian terrorism? If there even is such a thing?

EDIT:

PEOPLE AND HISTORICAL HIGHLIGHTS

The three main ethnic groups in present-day Bosnia and Herzegovina are Bosniak, Serb, and Croat, and languages are Bosnian, Serbian, and Croatian (formerly "Serbo-Croatian"). Nationalities are Bosniak (Muslim), Bosnian Serb, and Bosnian Croat. Religions include Islam, Serb Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, Judaism, some Protestant sects, and some others.

For the first centuries of the Christian era, Bosnia was part of the Roman Empire. After the fall of Rome, Bosnia was contested by Byzantium and Rome's successors in the west. Slavs settled the region in the 7th century, and the kingdoms of Serbia and Croatia split control of Bosnia in the 9th century. The 11th and 12th centuries saw the rule of the region by the kingdom of Hungary. The medieval kingdom of Bosnia gained its independence around 1200 A.D. Bosnia remained independent until 1463, when Ottoman Turks conquered the region.

If this is what you're talking about, then this can easily be ruled out because no christians in todays world are terrorist and kill innocents in the name of god. All religions have some form of history where inhumane acts were commited in the name of their religion.

But we're not talking about then, we're talking about now.

My question to you still stands.

Looked it up, i see a region in racial and political strife. How does this indicate christian terrorism? If there even is such a thing?

Dude, I give up.  No sense arguing with a tree stump.  Have a nice life.

RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT

Shot down, nothing left.

EDIT: Just realized I've been going around with an idiot for nearly 5 pages.

Also:

Originally posted by Forumfall

I wonder what they did to him to make him freak out? Poor dude... studies so long and then throws it all out the window!!!

I really dont care about his issues. I think I care more about people trying to start out a career in the military getting killed by this muslim fanatic.

and a few others:

Christianity had a reformation...Islam did not its still 7th century throwbacks.

RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT

Shot down, nothing left.

EDIT: Just realized I've been going around with an idiot for nearly 5 pages.

Says the boy who apparently can't operate an internet search engine.

Bosnian Genocide

The term Bosnian Genocide is used to refer either to the genocide committed by Bosnian Serb forces in Srebrenica in 1995, or to ethnic cleansing that took place during the 1992-1995 Bosnian War

In 2001, the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) judged that the 1995 Srebrenica massacre was genocide. In the unanimous ruling "Prosecutor v. Krsti?", the Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY), located in The Hague, reaffirmed that the Srebrenica massacre was genocide, the Presiding Judge Theodor Meron stating:

By seeking to eliminate a part of the Bosnian Muslims, the Bosnian Serb forces committed genocide. They targeted for extinction the forty thousand Bosnian Muslims living in Srebrenica, a group which was emblematic of the Bosnian Muslims in general. They stripped all the male Muslim prisoners, military and civilian, elderly and young, of their personal belongings and identification, and deliberately and methodically killed them solely on the basis of their identity.

Serbs are Christians.

I'm not mad.  Your tendency toward selective blindness and selective amnesia is frustrating.  Why should I waste time on a serious exchange of ideas if you aren't taking it seriously?  No big deal, but I thought you really cared about the issue at hand.  If you are just trolling, no biggie and the joke's on me.

Originally posted by Josher

Pure scum through and through.  Theres no need to understand him.  Heal him up, try him in public so everyone sees this religion for what it is, AGAIN, then execute him...QUICKLY.

YES! Public Execution! I want the gilloutene back! No too easy!! I Know how about Crucifixion!! Yea Crucify this nut and make him die against his religion!!!!

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Actually you can't play the same game.

Go to any Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, or Hindu place of worship and see if any ever tries to recruit you to kill people that won't convert to that faith.

This DOES happen in a Mosque, no where else.

And it seems to me like you are ijn SERIOUS denial. First you say well, the Koran doesnt' promote violence. Then you say, well, ok it does, but the Bible does too!

he did it too, is never a good defense.

Yes, officer. I did shoot some people, but Bobby shot more people that I did. That makes it ok right?

Uh, no, that never actually works.

So, well the Koran may promote violence, but that's ok because the Bible does it too! is a pretty lousy defense.

The claim is the Koran promotes violence. How is showing any other book also promotes violence refuting that claim? It doesn't.

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

And it seems to me like you are ijn SERIOUS denial. First you say well, the Koran doesnt' promote violence. Then you say, well, ok it does, but the Bible does too!

You weren't paying very close attention.  100% incorrect.

I said you can play the same GAME with the Bible.

NEITHER of these texts can be said to promote OR prohibit violence because they BOTH have many passages that can be interpreted either way.

All I did was throw up a bunch of quotes out of context from the bible to demonstrate the pointlessness of the "evidence" in BOTH cases.

The ones suffering from denial are those who think the Bible doesn't demonstrate the same contradictions as the Qur'an.

This discussion has been closed.