Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Played Aion going back to LOTRO.

13»

Comments

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by Redemp 
     If the above is your experience so far you are still a pretty low level. Quests begin to dry up at around 37+ and by 43 you have 4-5 left to do...

Dunno about that, I'm just about to hit 43 and still have tons of quests in the log to do, that's with skipping a good 7 or 8 Dol Dinen group quests in the North Downs.

I'm just finishing the Trollshaws and heading upto the Misty Mountains

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by Kayless

If the above is your experience so far you are still a pretty low level. Quests begin to dry up at around 37+ and by 43 you have 4-5 left to do...

Dunno about that, I'm just about to hit 43 and still have tons of quests in the log to do, that's with skipping a good 7 or 8 Dol Dinen group quests in the North Downs.

I'm just finishing the Trollshaws and heading upto the Misty Mountains

I think he talking about Aion ;)

Lvl 43-50 is probably the level range with the most quests in LotrO. You have MM, Angmar, Forochel and Trollshaws to quest in at thoose levels.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• ZanzeerZanzeer Member Posts: 80

I to are quitting Aion to come play LOTRO i cant go back to WOW and its casual player base and gameplay

why must you QQ so much ...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Ragnaven

LoTRo ain't a grind, and no you don't get skills from killing X number of mobs you get titles then stat incresses through virtues from killing X number of mobs. Which is totally optional, I have three max lvl characters and I have not spent hardly any time working on virtues at all. When I do work on them I get a group together and everyone kills them own mob in that area, full group can burn through even the end game virtues in a half hour. Vs Aion needing to grind to actually lvl up, which is what people are complaining over.
    As to the whole wavey hair thing, my computer can stomach those graphics with ease, but I'm running a high end dual core, sli, 8 gig rig made for gaming. Most people out there don't have a grand or more to throw down for a pc so game manufacturers decide do I want pretty, or do I want pretty and playable. The smart ones opt for pretty and playable if they plan to have a lot of people on screen at one time.

That is what he was refering to, the virtues. And if one could get a group together to "burn through" them then one could just as easily get a group together in Aion and burn through group related content with great xp. There are several areas that are only for grouups and the xp is extremely good.

To that end, "no" you don't have to grind to level up. There are quests out there. It's just that people are not taking the time to find them or are wanting to compeltely be led to them each time they are made available. If an npc doesn't have a quest there is a chance he might have one in a level or two.

My logbook is filled with quests that I never finished.

If the above is your experience so far you are still a pretty low level. Quests begin to dry up at around 37+ and by 43 you have 4-5 left to do. Hopping into a group to burn out an instance, or a goup related quest is anything but "Good" exp.. as a matter of fact I make more in a few hours solo grinding than I would spending double the time in an Elite grind/instance group.

You are not yet at the level where you apparantly can see the grind, the lack of quests, and the carrot begining to shrivel..... you are therefore the exact opposite of whats needed to argue these threads.

To clarify another point : There is a grind in Lotro, there is a grind in EVERY Mmo. The catch with Aion is the grind is horridly boring, where as some games, Lotro being the example here.. disguise the grind well enough most don't notice it for what it is. THAT is the issue : Aion gives little to no incentive to grind, and makes it as boring as possible.

That's fine, I can't speak for 43. But I am talking about anything up to 32. And with that said there are plenty of quests and I find it hard to believe that players are complaining about lack of quests up to that point.

So with that said, I can't really take anyone's opinion except my own. I mean, people up to 32 are saying there are no quests and I have a quest log filled with quests. And they are saying no, there are no quests. Heck, I ran into a player who was too low for one of the areas and his reason was that he ran out of quests. So I started asking him whether or not he had been to certain areas and he just clammed up and insisted that he was going to stay in the higher level area.

So given that I can't even remotely agree with those players I will have to wait and see around the 40's and make my own mind up. You could very well be right. But given what I've seen I think I'll just wait and see.

And no, I found the kill x quests in LOTRO atrocious. Even told Senor Steefel that and his reply was "yes we know and we are going to be revamping areas".

Any quest that has me run to an area, kill something, run back, kill some more things and then do it one more time to kill some mini boss is just doing it wrong. And lotro had its share of those.

However, if you were to ask me which game has the superior pve experience then it's LOTRO hands down. My advice to people is that if you are not remotely interested in the pvp experience that Aion has then by all means find another game unless the world is just compelling to you.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Sov :

I would have dealt with Aions faults  -IF- the PvP was as it should be. At 43 + I was playing a PvE grinder, and PvP was a figment. Rifts are filled with Bots, thats not pvp. The Abyss is only active during Fort vuns, from 40+ its dead... I ran threw the upper layer for an hour and met two people a 35 and a 50.

The lack of PvP and the lack of anything but Zerg PvP up to then is what sealed its fate with me.

So... I figure i'll play Lotro for the great pve, and a fps for instant gratification.

• miichaelmiichael Member UncommonPosts: 174

Same here. Aion has potential if they choose to take peoples advice..until then. time to get on my runekeeper