Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try as you may, but how will you pass through?

Every Fantasy Name for your MMORPG Character has a flaw in It. Also there is always a counter-productive aspect or embodiment in the course of the letters of the aforesaid word.

Can you come up with the ''perfect'' albeit subjective Fantasy RPG Character Name?

Just thought I would get this off my chest.

Your thoughts, comments and ideas are appreciated.

Comments

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by NeverLand7

Every Fantasy Name for your MMORPG Character has a flaw in It. Also there is always a counter-productive aspect or embodiment in the course of the letters of the aforesaid word.

Can you come up with the ''perfect'' albeit subjective Fantasy RPG Character Name?

Just thought I would get this off my chest.

Your thoughts, comments and ideas are appreciated.

McLovin?

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

What?

• GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694
    Originally posted by ste2000

What?

Basically, how do you come up with a really good Fantasy name for your RPG avatar? Even though these aforesaid names are entirely subjective and can be completely dependant upon ones moods and tastes at the given time which are always changing as each day passes.

Can a truly good Fantasy Character name exist? Or is it merely the confines of the subjective mind where the majority agrees upon something that you draw your conclusion on what should be.

• CaleveiraCaleveira Member Posts: 556

i disagree, theres no such thing as a perfect name nor should there be one. You simply will never come up with a name most players would choose as first pick for themselves, since the whole point to names is to express individuality. My most commonly used name in MMOs is Calavera, pray tell me what the flaw in this name is?

Just to make things clear...
    I speak for myself and no one else, unless i state otherwise mine is just an opinion. A fact is something that can be independently verified, you may challenge such but with proof. You have every right to disagree with me through sound argument, i believe in constructive debate, but baseless aggression will warrant an unkind response.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by Caleveira
    My most commonly used name in MMOs is Calavera, pray tell me what the flaw in this name is?

It makes those around you with lesser names feel inadequate and flee to the shadows in embarrassment. Your name is the bane of interaction. It is the destroyer of communities. It is the slayer of entire virtual worlds.

Calavera... the perfect name. Its greatness is but its greatest flaw. :( 

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • Equinsu_OchaEquinsu_Ocha Member UncommonPosts: 112

Noodle.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate!?

• saebrinsaebrin Member Posts: 29

i disagree, theres no such thing as a perfect name nor should there be one. You simply will never come up with a name most players would choose as first pick for themselves

I disagree, maybe it's just me but I see at least a few names running around in MMOs and think "Wow, I wish I had thought of that." And then there's the whole "this name is taken, try another" cycle whenever a game has been out for a while.

Originally posted by LynxJSA

My most commonly used name in MMOs is Calavera, pray tell me what the flaw in this name is?

It makes those around you with lesser names feel inadequate and flee to the shadows in embarrassment. Your name is the bane of interaction. It is the destroyer of communities. It is the slayer of entire virtual worlds.

Calavera... the perfect name. Its greatness is but its greatest flaw. :( 

Even i had to laugh...

I speak for myself and no one else, unless i state otherwise mine is just an opinion. A fact is something that can be independently verified, you may challenge such but with proof. You have every right to disagree with me through sound argument, i believe in constructive debate, but baseless aggression will warrant an unkind response.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Sort of odd to have such an introspective "finding the perfect name" thread from someone whose forum name is Neverland7.

I typically just stick with my standard name(s).  Used "Axehilt" for over 15 years now, even though it makes no sense at all (axes don't even have hilts.  My RL friends got a kick out of using the mocking name Maceblade. ;)  )  Ironically my impulse is to suggest "take a while to come up with a name you feel really suits you and just re-use it so you don't have to worry about it in future games," but I've long since conceded my own alias doesn't suit me at all and doesn't even make sense.  So I haven't even heeded my own advice.

Perhaps then the sage advice is that your name will become whatever you make it.  Pick something unique, stick with it, and by virtue of your actions you will define whether your name is great.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

OK, what's the point of this thread... I'm missing it. 

Why do we need the perfect name.  I've used any number, but personal favorites include my name here, Torment (or some variant, it goes quick) and anyy of a half a dozen others. 

I hate obnoxious names, but pretty much anything else is fine. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by saebrin

i disagree, theres no such thing as a perfect name nor should there be one. You simply will never come up with a name most players would choose as first pick for themselves

I disagree, maybe it's just me but I see at least a few names running around in MMOs and think "Wow, I wish I had thought of that." And then there's the whole "this name is taken, try another" cycle whenever a game has been out for a while.

Are you Legolas6957?

• GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694
    Originally posted by Axehilt

Sort of odd to have such an introspective "finding the perfect name" thread from someone whose forum name is Neverland7.

That sure was a cheap shot at me. Well, first of all It's a forum name not an MMORPG character name and secondly I do find aspects of Neverland and how It was portrayed in Steven Spielberg's Film Hook to be quite fascinating.

I'm not saying the name is great or anything, but I think It's okay.

It's a matter of subjectivity and internal interpretation. On one hand atleast.

• Luneth7Luneth7 Member Posts: 50

Actually I have the perfect name. Gorakhnath.

image Save me from this abyss of Hell Serge!

• GlowingMoonGlowingMoon Member Posts: 44

GlowingMoon

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972

I use one I created back in Warcraft 2.

Ogridum. Always use it for Big Dumb Melee Barbarian type of characters. Always fit its role.

Inspiration source Orgrim Doomhammer.

Originally posted by Interesting

I use one I created back in Warcraft 2.
    Ogridum. Always use it for Big Dumb Melee Barbarian type of characters. Always fit its role.
    Inspiration source Orgrim Doomhammer.

A friend from my pnp days regularly used Brutor for big dumb type chars. He had an amazing repertoire of gestures to pull the name off in style.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

I'm really bad at creating names. They always annoy me after a few weeks or even days.