Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Age Origins Anyone?

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

I normaly play games as the nice guy but for some reason Im playing this as a bad guy (elf), being rude to NPC's and I killed that injured solider at the start of the graywarden quest.  Muhahaha

I have had 2 Crashes to desktop though =( which makes me jumpy when playing I hate to have to keep saving my game every 10 mins incase of a crash.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Got it yesterday and have been playing it since!

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH dances with Morrigan)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• RuynRuyn Member Posts: 1,052

Has anyone here played the PS3 version?

• BattagBattag Member Posts: 94

i picked up the ps3 version because i really cant play single players on my computers...i have an amazing surround sound system so i wanted to take advantage and just to tell you the game is just as good on ps3.  Has a macro system kind of thing like FFXII and its amazing so don't worry IGNS 8.7 is bull

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by coffee

I normaly play games as the nice guy but for some reason Im playing this as a bad guy (elf), being rude to NPC's and I killed that injured solider at the start of the graywarden quest.  Muhahaha
    I have had 2 Crashes to desktop though =( which makes me jumpy when playing I hate to have to keep saving my game every 10 mins incase of a crash.

I had 2 Crashes yesterday as well. not a huge deal, kind of expected for a new game but it is still super fun.

I started a Dwarf commoner, the first quest to become a graywarden was amazing.

Sooner or Later

• IrishIrish Member UncommonPosts: 259

I'm wondering if I should get the ps3 or PC version. I know once Left 4 Dead 2 comes out, my gf will bitchslap me out of my desk chair. Then again, I do love my PC. I should just bite the bullet. Now the questions are digital version or retail box? CE or standard edition? Oh noes...

Cripes, there are some solid games coming out. Probably my favorite year of games in a long time.

I'm still playing Fallen Earth, Uncharted 2, Way of the Samurai 3, and Oblivion: GOTY for ps3 (never ran right on my pc). I am having gamer overload.

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Originally posted by Finbar

Dragon Age is NOT an MMORPG...
    If you guys are interested in other games than MMORPG's you should check out: www.shacknews.com or www.bluesnews.com or www.gametrailers.com . They have great communities dedicated to all types of video games and great discussion communities to boot. Enjoy.

Huh?

This is the general gaming forum. It covers Console and PC games.

LOL There's always some ass jerk that tries to be smart like that in this section.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Irish

I'm wondering if I should get the ps3 or PC version. I know once Left 4 Dead 2 comes out, my gf will bitchslap me out of my desk chair. Then again, I do love my PC. I should just bite the bullet. Now the questions are digital version or retail box? CE or standard edition? Oh noes...

Cripes, there are some solid games coming out. Probably my favorite year of games in a long time.
    I'm still playing Fallen Earth, Uncharted 2, Way of the Samurai 3, and Oblivion: GOTY for ps3 (never ran right on my pc). I am having gamer overload.

Gamer overload is correct. My friends and I were talking about that today. Between Borderlands,Dragon Age, Oblivion, Left 4 Dead 2 and Mass Effect 2 its like madness in a good way. We're poor but we're happy gamers though! 

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Originally posted by Irish

Gamer overload is correct. My friends and I were talking about that today. Between Borderlands,Dragon Age, Oblivion, Left 4 Dead 2 and Mass Effect 2 its like madness in a good way. We're poor but we're happy gamers though! 

Tried some dragon age... seems like they're basically just finally getting their older games right with some upgrades and decent new features from other successful games.  The story seems like it's going to be great but not sure what this has for someone looking for something new.  I still think Risen offers the most as far as great fun and some innovation although you could also say that they're finally gettong gothic right.

• I personally don't like Western developed RPG's, but *sigh* I'll give it try. 80+ hours?

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

I'll buy it in two years or so when I need to kill some time.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

So, looking over at the official Bioware boards, the chief complaint with the game amongst many is the dissapointing visuals..?

Not that graphics are the be-and-end-all, but it was kinda surprisng to hear this after seeing the spectacle marvel that was Mass Effect.

Hearing this hasn't dampened my enthusiasm one bit, though!

Edit - ** everything else about the game sounds great. **

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

It's not crysis but the graphics are far from bad.

The storyline, gameplay and voice acting is enough to make anyone cream their pants.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by Battlekruse

I personally don't like Western developed RPG's, but *sigh* I'll give it try. 80+ hours?

I know the feeling. I feel that way about eastern games in general. The only ones I like are the strategy ones like Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I'd love to pick up the latest NA but last I looked Koei wasn't selling it here which is a shame as they're about the only eastern company I like, lol.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by kishe

The storyline, gameplay and voice acting is enough to make anyone cream their pants.

I guess that depends what you are comparing the graphics to.  They are far from bad and mediocre if this game came out in 2003.. but for 2009? yeah they are really bad.  I was shocked at how bad they are with this game being made by one of the most highly regarded studios in the world. I hope to god SWTOR isn't using such horrible textures.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I just tried it for half an hour or so, made a rogue. While there is alot i like about the game, i guess i can't get used to the combat system which feels a bit awkward to me.

Pause, select target, select skill, pause, select party member, select skill, select target, pause..something like that. Guess i'm doing something wrong, but i don't remember that i've had these problems to coordinate combat in Kotor I+II.

I'm also a little overwhelmed by all the choices after each levelup, not shure what "talent tree" will provide what in the later game etc.

There is a little too much dialogue for my taste I'm constantly spamming F5 to quicksave to not having to go through all the dialogue scenes again after my party gets killed.

On the other hand, i don't want to give up o DAO yet, feeling that i could miss an epic adventure because of my inabilities to adjust to the game mechanics :)

Originally posted by ghettobooste

I guess that depends what you are comparing the graphics to.  They are far from bad and mediocre if this game came out in 2003.. but for 2009? yeah they are really bad.  I was shocked at how bad they are with this game being made by one of the most highly regarded studios in the world. I hope to god SWTOR isn't using such horrible textures.

The Graphics are really good, I do not know what game you are playing but DragonAge has great graphics.

Sooner or Later

• SwoogieSwoogie Member UncommonPosts: 399

Im building my computer right now(Intel Core i5 with GTS 260 1gb and 4 gb ram) and when im done with that, the first thing on my list to get is Dragon Age : Orgins.  I dont have a XBOX 360 so I have to wait until i finish building my comp.

I dont know much about the game but it looks great and from all the good press it seems to be getting, I am sold. lol call me easy is ya want.

Originally posted by VoIgore

I just tried it for half an hour or so, made a rogue. While there is alot i like about the game, i guess i can't get used to the combat system which feels a bit awkward to me.
    Pause, select target, select skill, pause, select party member, select skill, select target, pause..something like that. Guess i'm doing something wrong, but i don't remember that i've had these problems to coordinate combat in Kotor I+II.
    I'm also a little overwhelmed by all the choices after each levelup, not shure what "talent tree" will provide what in the later game etc.
    There is a little too much dialogue for my taste I'm constantly spamming F5 to quicksave to not having to go through all the dialogue scenes again after my party gets killed.
    On the other hand, i don't want to give up o DAO yet, feeling that i could miss an epic adventure because of my inabilities to adjust to the game mechanics :)

The combat mechanics are a little werid but I only pause to setup my "Tactics" then I unpause and fight away.

Sooner or Later

• ThrakkThrakk Member Posts: 1,226

stupid question, but can you pause in the console versions? (i just started playing a little bit yesterday)

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

My question is: How hard is the game on easy and medium difficulty. I love rpgs but Im more often than not totally rubbish. Maybe its becouse in my youth I was too poor to have a pc and spent my time with a nintendo, but generally rpgs are a tough nut to crack.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176
    Originally posted by Rzep

My question is: How hard is the game on easy and medium difficulty. I love rpgs but Im more often than not totally rubbish. Maybe its becouse in my youth I was too poor to have a pc and spent my time with a nintendo, but generally rpgs are a tough nut to crack.

I would not call it hard but you will definately have to use some tactics in your battles. The game is fantastic!!!

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

Originally posted by ghettobooste

The Graphics are really good, I do not know what game you are playing but DragonAge has great graphics.

I have to agree, I run the game maxed out and the graphics are simply amazing.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Far too linear to be called the best RPG ever. Its OK. Its certainly no Morrowind. I don't even think its as good as NWN.

• KrilsterKrilster Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by brostyn

Far too linear to be called the best RPG ever. Its OK. Its certainly no Morrowind. I don't even think its as good as NWN.

I find linear to be quite fun when it comes to single-player RPGs. Games like Oblivion are pretty boring to me.

To each his own. This game is one of the best RPGs I've ever played.