Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are you not playing wow?

Comments

• phlayphlay Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by skarwolf

I beta tested WOW, got to 60th before any battlegrounds were available.  Nobody was really pushing end game yet as people were still running UBRS, Strat, & Scholo with 40 man raids... yes... 40 man raids in those now 5 man dungeons lol.  My guild could complete them super fast with that many people and we'd redo them all frikkin weekend repeatedly... to get everyone that first set of blue gear.  Pvp did occur usually around Tarren Mill, people pvp'd just to pvp there was no benefits.  
    I first quit WOW after the BG's & honor system went live.  In part the population imbalance became very apparent as every horde outpost was being attacked by 50-100 alliance wanting their phat honorz.  Also redoing the same dungeons all the time got extremely boring for me.  The gulid was also attempting MC which at the time I hated because learning the new content meant wipe after wipe after wipe.  
    I've quit and returned around 3 x now.  I don't have any expansions.  Creating a death knight interested me slightly.  Main problem is that my wife HATES the game.  
    To give you an idea I saw this comedian who had a great routine.  He said theres something about woman.  When they see a man sitting there not doing anything and minding their own business it really bugs them.  They start to think things, whats he doing there, he's not doing anything, why isn't he doing something, he's up to something I know it, you know what I'm going to ask him to do something for me.  
    Thats how it is with the wife.  She couldn't understand me playing the game and enjoying myself.  Questioning who i'm typing to all the time, why can't I just turn it off (in the middle of a dungeon) when she asks me to do some random bullshit.  So I stopped playing.  I miss the game, and would like to try it again someday but that probably won't happen.
    The other complaint is that the game takes too long to do anything.  Yeah they've made it easier but you can't just log in and start doing something within half an hour.  Its not the same when you work full time, have kids, and a wife to manage like when I used to be in school and could play ridiculous amounts of time.

I don't recall 40 man versions of those dungeons in beta, in live they were 10 man raids with 5 man questing options.  The first 40 man raids were Ony and MC from what I remember.

I will agree that there is nothing to do on downtime.

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

Because I played a deeper, larger, better made, more satisfying version of WoW already. It was called EverQuest. WoW is just a kiddie cloned and cell shaded version of EverQuest, and if I got bored with EverQuest, why would I want to play a less interesting version of EverQuest?

That, and at least EverQuest had actual quests in it, not a quest grind with 10 billion gather tasks with glowing marks all over the place making me feel like the game thought I was "special". 

• mightyikarimightyikari Member Posts: 101

I'm not playing WoW because of the following reasons -

• Sub-Par graphics
    • Unfriendly community
    • Simplistic 'Race to top level and raid' mentality
    • A childish feel from the community
    • Constant bashing of people who like any other MMO other than WoW
    • Nothing special or different to games such as Runes of Magic which are free and of a higher quality nowadays

http://www.recycleyourgames.co.uk - Recycle Your Games and Consoles. Help the Environment and Charity!

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Take my opinion with a grain of salt. I haven't played WoW since 2006.

I prefer LotRO.

I like the IP lore better.  LotRO is very respectful of Tolkein lore, and fills in gaps very nicely.

I like the community better.  Less kids.

I like the graphics better.  No brainer, there.

I like being able to vary your toon a bit.  WoW's cookie cutter human/dwarf/elf/gnome m/f template is just too generic.  LotRO doesn't have alot of customization, but it's adequate.

Gameplay is too similar to judge, but the edge goes to LotRO, depending on class.

I like the instances better.  Feel more immersive to me... could again be the lore aspect.

I like the landscapes better.  LotRO just has beautiful environments.

I like the zones better.  Not one inch of their zones seems like filler.

I like the music better.  Music is very well suited for each zone.

I like the non-combat activities better.  You can actually craft items that are useful, from lvl 13-60.  My lvl 60 still wears mostly crafted armor.  Exploring is encouraged through deeds.  I find new areas in zones I thought I had worked over, all the time.

I like the contrast from day to night better.  Some areas that seem perfectly safe by day seem freaky and menacing at night.  Helped a bit by the change in music, no doubt.  Also, the towns of Bree and in the Shire seem so peaceful at night.

The legendary item system.  Not perfect, by any means, but I prefer it to the Epic stuff in WoW.  It's a much more personal touch, and gives another goal to work toward, without having to raid for days...

That's just a few off the top of my head.  Again, I'm not at all familiar with WoW currently, with WotLK content, and the new one coming out(terrific idea, redoing the old zones!).

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

Because I didn't find it fun enough to compensate for all the gear chasing.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• bani789bani789 Member UncommonPosts: 52

• TrowarTrowar Member Posts: 147

Bored to death with that game, and there isn´t anyone left of those that I know that started to play 2005-2006, they have all left, so not much community to return to. Not that the realm is empty or the old guilds died,  most of the old guilds are still there, but with new people, in more than one way >_<.

WoW must have been a popular Christmas gift the latest 2 years for parents to give their kids.

What would bring me back, besides changing the entire community?

If you asked me at the beginning of this year I would have said "Kick Ghostcrawler, replace him with 1dev for each class and make the factions balanced population wise in the realms, how I don´t care, but we can´t have realms that are dead for one faction."

It happens that I still read the patch notes and so far the have never failed to remind me why I quitted that game. Just note how they are changing the lore for giving things that was never asked for "orc is the least played lock race, surely orc MAGE will be more popular, because players like orc in cloths right?". And the opposite -"Why can´t we have troll or dranei warlocks?" "Lore forbids that". And the new races in Catalyst: one that look like a human most of the time and the other a npc race that is everywhere already and annoying as hell to listen to.

And the idea that making Variann and Garrosh leaders to motivate players play world pvp more? Yeah, right. Anything but trying to balance the realms, you know the thing that killed world pvp in first place.

But if you ask me now what it takes to bring me back I will simply say "More than can ever happen".

The reason is that I tried Warhammer and Conan and I got bored after a few months and that was because they were simply too similar to WoW. It will have to change so much that it will be a completly different game for me to get intrested again .

• GarfunkelGarfunkel Member UncommonPosts: 224

I'm still subscribed to WoW but my interest is falling off again.

I have two 80's now, pretty much taken as far as they can go without getting in to the end-game raid PvE. That means limited to BG epics and crafted weapons and rep items which is as far as you can go without getting in to the raid content.

I have another at 76 which I'm plodding on with to get to 80 with in time for CAT - but we'll see how it goes.

I have 2 more in the early stages of Outland content but I can't face doing all the same stuff again for a fourth and fifth time. That's just too much.

Then there's my noobs of which I have 5 level 30 to 50. and they're going no where. The problem is there's only one of me and so many characters I want to play. Heirloom items don't help as I can't get them without raiding which I have less than zero interest in. They couldn't even pay me to do that.

So what would it take to keep me interested? A few things really...

• Give accounts which have 2 level 80's on them a 20% exp boost on their noobs, accounts with 3x 80's 30%, 4: 40% up to a max of 50% at 5.

• Bring back the traditional WoW armour designs. I don't like this understated look they are going for now - I want big shoulders with fancy effects.

• Reduce the gear gap between the end-game raid gear and that which can be obtained casually. Even if it means spending twice as many hours in game for it. PvP against players who have 30% advantge in stats through gear is pretty pointless. The problem isn;t making PvE content accessible - it's many just don't like it.

• The up-coming rated Battlegrounds need to be viable and the rewards need to match arena / PvE offerings.

• Account wide server transfers. All I see is red names every where and with 10 toons on the server I can't afford to move them all. Yet I don't want to split my trade skills up.

• I'm hoping we can use fly mounts straight from the off as I hated being grounded for 7 levels in WotLK. Apart from getting around being so much faster, so many people missed how beautiful some of the new areas are by only going through it once. Grizzly Hills for instance looks amazing from 200m up and just like a drab forest when on the ground.

Regardless of the above I will still be buying CAT, even if I decide to let my sub rest between now and then. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do to the old world.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Garfunkel

I'm still subscribed to WoW but my interest is falling off again.
    I have two 80's now, pretty much taken as far as they can go without getting in to the end-game raid PvE. That means limited to BG epics and crafted weapons and rep items which is as far as you can go without getting in to the raid content.
    I have another at 76 which I'm plodding on with to get to 80 with in time for CAT - but we'll see how it goes.
    I have 2 more in the early stages of Outland content but I can't face doing all the same stuff again for a fourth and fifth time. That's just too much.
    Then there's my noobs of which I have 5 level 30 to 50. and they're going no where. The problem is there's only one of me and so many characters I want to play. Heirloom items don't help as I can't get them without raiding which I have less than zero interest in. They couldn't even pay me to do that.
    So what would it take to keep me interested? A few things really...
    Give accounts which have 2 level 80's on them a 20% exp boost on their noobs, accounts with 3 80's 30%, 4 40% up to a max of 50%.
    Bring back the traditional armour designs. I don't like this understated look they are going for now - I want big shoulders with fancy effects.
    Reduce the gear gap between the end-game raid gear and that which can be obtained casually. Even if it means spending twice as many hours in game for it. PvP against players who have 30% advantge in stats through gear is pretty pointless.
    The up-coming rated Battlegrounds need to be viable and the rewards need to match arena / PvE offerings.
    Regardless of the above I will still be buying CAT, even if I decide to let my sub rest between now and then. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do to the old world.
    I'm hoping we can use fly mounts straight from the off as I hated being grounded for 7 levels in WotLK. So many people missed how beautiful some of the new areas are by only going through it once. Grizzly Hills for instance looks amazing from 200m up and just like a drab forest when on the ground.

If you're still playing then you need to do some research. If you need PvE quality loot, you can do so without raiding. The 5 man Trials of the Champion drops naxx equivalent gear and the heroic version drops ulduar (10m) equivalent gear. Also, with the emblems you obtain from Heroics, Including Triumph emblems you receive from completing the daily heroic dungeon quest will allow you to purchase pieces of T8.5 and Full T9 (takes awhile at 2 triumph emblems per day, but doable).

Heirloom items do not require raiding. Get one of your 80's up to the tournament grounds and get them the Crusader title (exalted with your faction capitals and Argent Crusade), which in reality by the time you get to level 77 and are able to participate in the Tournament you should be revered with your faction's capitals (unless it's a pre-bc character).

Your request for the gear gap to be lessened is already in place via the emblem system. You have to run numerous heroics for it, plus you have to get the daily heroic quest done. Lots of groups are pugging VoA and Ony which also drop Triumph emblems.

I completely agree with the armor designs. I do like the look of some of the classes, but the earlier models of T1-3 were much more exciting, with some additional interesting armor sets along the way. It's almost as if their art department went to work on Cat and rushed things out for WotLK.

Flying mounts straight off the bat in Cat would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. However, theoretically epic flight should get cheaper since they are adding water based mounts, which could require a new level of riding skill.

WotLK was a disappointment for many people. I also think their idea of Arthas being present thoughtout leveling backfired on Blizzard a bit. While leveling Arthas was present on so many pinnacle moments, but after you hit 80 and started raiding he was no where to be seen. Blizzard got us all pumped to finally face the Lich King and he's only just now going to become available, and really I don't think many of us care. Well maybe once we can get his loot we'll care.

When I refer to raiding I mean all 80 PvE content, 5 man to 25 man. I have no interest in it. I don't do PvE in groups. I burned out on that in Vanilla/TBC and pretty much just pvp now after hitting cap.

All I do at 80 is gear up in BG's, do a bit of rep grind and farm the mats for crafted weapons. I know I'm missing out on 90% of the end-game content and have some-what fallen in the gaps in the design but if all there was to do at 80 was group PvE then my subs would have ended long ago. It's just not for me.

Funnily enough I love to group in Battlegrounds - I seem to be able to play them endlessly and love to find a good group to play them with. But in that kind of group there's no one shouting to see achievements / link epic / quoting recount stats to you, etc. etc. / acting like an elitist ass-hat.

I love pvp in WoW and I just wish there was a proper way to gear up through it rather than it being a bolted-on after thought. + I don't mind the odd bit of solo PvE grind - as long as I don't come in to conatct with many of the above mentioned elitist little twonks. Games like Lotro have a few, every game with raid content has, but they are nothing like as annoying as they are here. They are a by-product of all the addons WoW allows - the game gives them too much info to play with.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

List of why not:

I hate end gear grinding - no fun in that concept and don't play games that use it

I hate raids - they really aren't that interesting, I prefer groups of like 4-8 in games.

Max level is almost instant - I like a longer journey to the top

PvP got old - wasn't that interesting to begin with really

Community - one of the most immature and annoying in game communities I've ever seen

Expansions - releases $50 expansions that take a week to beat, not worth the money

That's from the top of my head. I played WoW on launch for a couple months then got bored. Came back after first expansion and quickly remembered why I was bored, never tried it again.

• mmaizemmaize Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

I'm actually resubbing sometime this month.....in my absence since April I've played:

Aion
    Alganon*
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    Realms of Magic
    Age of Conan
    Dragonica
    Jade Dynasty
    NeoSteam
    Karos
    S.U.N.
    Gates of Andaron
    Ether Saga Online
    Chronicles of The Spellborn
    LoTRO (again)

And I've come to the point where I'll spend my time waiting for ToR, STO and FFIV while playing WoW....the game is just overall the best fit for me. It's like traveling abroad and coming back to your country....yeah it may not be the best to everyone, but to me it's familiar and I feel confident enough to know what to expect.

The word for this is "Institutionalization" or "indoctrination" whichever you prefer ;)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

There are simply better games to play out there.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

When I refer to raiding I mean all 80 PvE content, 5 man to 25 man. I have no interest in it. I don't do PvE in groups. I burned out on that in Vanilla/TBC and pretty much just pvp now after hitting cap.
    All I do at 80 is gear up in BG's, do a bit of rep grind and farm the mats for crafted weapons. I know I'm missing out on 90% of the end-game content and have some-what fallen in the gaps in the design but if all there was to do at 80 was group PvE then my subs would have ended long ago. It's just not for me.
    Funnily enough I love to group in Battlegrounds - I seem to be able to play them endlessly and love to find a good group to play them with. But in that kind of group there's no one shouting to see achievements / link epic / quoting recount stats to you, etc. etc. / acting like an elitist ass-hat.
    I love pvp in WoW and I just wish there was a proper way to gear up through it rather than it being a bolted-on after thought. + I don't mind the odd bit of solo PvE grind - as long as I don't come in to conatct with many of the above mentioned elitist little twonks. Games like Lotro have a few, every game with raid content has, but they are nothing like as annoying as they are here. They are a by-product of all the addons WoW allows - the game gives them too much info to play with.

So with all of what you said above....

I have to wonder what the fook you're doing on a PvE server?  I mean...you CAN transfer to a PvP server now, you know?

Also...my in game experience with "asshats," as you call them, at least on the two servers I have played on over the past FIVE YEARS....has been QUITE the opposite of yours.  Most of the epeen danglers are PvP elitists who think raiding is "easy" (lol....love to see them go in and beat the twins at ToC on their first go-'round in their "leet" resilience gear).  So...just so you know...the RAIDERS being the elitists, might just be something more prevalent on your server. Because on mine...it's the PvP'ers that go around talkin' smack.  Every one of them thinks they're "special" because they're PvP'ers.  /shrug  Whatever. I don't see how one flavor of gameplay is any better than the other.  Who cares if you like the part YOU are into?

Seems Warhammer would have made you a lot happier. There's nothing TO that game but running constant "scenarios" (battlegrounds with a different name). The PvE in Warhammer isn't near as extensive, there aren't near as many kids playing, etc. If you haven't checked it out....maybe that game is better suited to your style of play?

Lastly....why would you want PvE end game gear when you're a PvP'er.  There's absolutely no REASON for you to try and get it anyway. It has no resilience on it and it's utterly useless in Arena, BGs, etc.  Actually....PvP gear fares better in heroics and PvE dungeons than PvE gear does in PvP...FOR SURE. You'll get by a lot better in PvE, than most raiders would in PvP, just on the gear differences.

And by the way....WoW wasn't started with PvP'ers in mind at all. There were no arenas or BGs in vanilla WoW's initial stages, so....why did you stay, if you didn't like the game?  I don't get it.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

I'm actually resubbing sometime this month.....in my absence since April I've played:

Aion
    Alganon*
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    Realms of Magic
    Age of Conan
    Dragonica
    Jade Dynasty
    NeoSteam
    Karos
    S.U.N.
    Gates of Andaron
    Ether Saga Online
    Chronicles of The Spellborn
    LoTRO (again)

And I've come to the point where I'll spend my time waiting for ToR, STO and FFIV while playing WoW....the game is just overall the best fit for me. It's like traveling abroad and coming back to your country....yeah it may not be the best to everyone, but to me it's familiar and I feel confident enough to know what to expect.

Amen to that. It seems to be the best over all fit for me too. I am also looking forward to TOR and have played many of the games above as well.  I will definately play other games, but WoW just feels like home in a sense. LOTRO was almost there until I got to the endgame grind and I was hopig WAR would do that too, but WAR sucked so much I had to strangle a cat (this is sarcasm). Maybe another game will come along and knock WoW off of its pedestal, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• KreeaytivKreeaytiv Member Posts: 5

For me World of Warcraft is completely ruined because

The fact almost everything MMO related is compared to it, because people with social anxiety think its brilliant. For example, if you're on this website, the recent forum posts always tend to have something to do with how it is better than what you play. But even if the post isn't about the game, they have the annoying insolent fanbois and trolls going on about how WoW is this that and the other. People never stfu about it, give it a rest... seriously... it was released when? 2004?... I know these are forums on games, but it doesn't mean its all about you WoW fans.

Another thing is whenever I research gameplay videos on youtube or a gaming site I read the comments and all I ever see is "WoW is more successful than game X" and  "you've never played an MMORPG until you've played WoW"... really now?  Get real. I understand that its made a lot of money, it has defined some status due to design but it doesn't mean that is what an MMO should be.

I also dislike when I go into a Game store and I mention I play MMOPRG's that they look at me and say "World of Warcraft?" with disgust. Its become a label now for me as an MMO'er. I say MMO, someone else says WoW, even when there are hundreds and hundreds of games out there.

South Park made an episode called: " Make Love, not Warcraft "  in series 9 which I watched with some friends of mine who don't play MMO's and my god, how sad and geeky I felt when I said I played MMO's after that.

WoW is very much a tarnish on the genre, at the moment

But thats just how I feel.

Its the reason I won't play it now.

• zeuseasonzeuseason Member UncommonPosts: 69

Biggest reason I left WoW?  The arena push.  There's other reasons but that's at the top of the list.

• HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

What can really be said anymore about WoW just does not have it anymore, at least for MMO gamers like me?  It's boring, mind-numbing, played out.  The specific reasons have been discussed to death.  Bottom line, Blizzard took a direction which disagrees with the more serious & intelligent MMO gamers.

What would bring me back?  Vanilla WoW servers.  I never got a chance to enjoy most of the content then as well as the PvP.  I like some aspects of BC too, like Kara & mainly the class changes many of which were needed.  Hell, I would probably still be playing if WotLK never happened.

I do not consider WoW a good game anymore.  It is polished but it really shed a lot of the already minimal depth it had.

Oh and just put Zorndorf on Block and stop wasting time on him.  His posts are of no value whatsoever.

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by VoIgore

Originally posted by Zorndorf

blaaaa

= translates to

My BMI is 22 btw :)))

I am an old cyclist. Have a few MS certificates and 2 university degrees I let my bank do the work for my money, Programmed and have written game programs for Softside as early as 1980.

Playing wargames and WOW and my son plays national football and we're playing both WOW - the best game ever designed.

And have  500 other board, fantasy, wargames stocked in my attic who won't hold a candle against it.

And I played Ultima OFF line as early as 1984' ish .

It was crap.

Oh yeah btw, my native languages are dutch, french and german (english is only my 4th language if you would like to attack me on that too...).

Which language is your primary? (Just curious)

-Voltaire

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

Well, why don't I play WoW.. Well I don't care for the game, I never did. It seemed too simple, and wasn't much new to it that is worth paying for. I have played it and didn't really like it that much. Graphics are ok, sound is okay, and it was sort of fun but I have more fun playing other games. I miss hte days of UO . I am not a big theme park game fan, they all are the same go talk to X kill Monster talk to X again, or go talk to X go and gather item bring back to X or take to Y. Finally go talk to X, kill monster take loot give to Y then report back to X. I mean most MMOS have that even WoW.  I am not trying to troll or anything just answering the question. If it was F2P I would play it because it isn't any better or worst then some f2p games I have played. I have nothing aginst those who do play WoW. It just isn't for me. The games I can say I have enjoyed and paid to play are UO, FFXI and Ryzom. I have played EQ and EQ2 as well but didn't enjoy them that much. The only thing I did like about WoW was the "decent" not "great" lore and the PVP, being an orc or human and killing the other faction etc.

Dustin

I currently play SUN, DDO, ROM, and Spellborn

all for different reasons. I have the most fun on SUN and Spellborn, even though SUN Is a themepark type game and not sandbox which surpirses me that I have fun.

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by raystantz

and what would it take to bring you back?

for me, its the constant changes and gear outdate. The fact that gear is really the only purpose in the game. the terrible community and the constant publicity stuff. The focus more on trying to sell you stuff, than they do the game.
    to get me back? They'd have to stop the "race to 80 and raid" mentality from the game.. and I don't see them doing such.

Because I Prefer EQ / EQII and always have.

It's not a question of going back, I've never been a WoW player.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

Originally posted by girlgeek

So with all of what you said above....

I have to wonder what the fook you're doing on a PvE server?  I mean...you CAN transfer to a PvP server now, you know?

Also...my in game experience with "asshats," as you call them, at least on the two servers I have played on over the past FIVE YEARS....has been QUITE the opposite of yours.  Most of the epeen danglers are PvP elitists who think raiding is "easy" (lol....love to see them go in and beat the twins at ToC on their first go-'round in their "leet" resilience gear).  So...just so you know...the RAIDERS being the elitists, might just be something more prevalent on your server. Because on mine...it's the PvP'ers that go around talkin' smack.  Every one of them thinks they're "special" because they're PvP'ers.  /shrug  Whatever. I don't see how one flavor of gameplay is any better than the other.  Who cares if you like the part YOU are into?

Seems Warhammer would have made you a lot happier. There's nothing TO that game but running constant "scenarios" (battlegrounds with a different name). The PvE in Warhammer isn't near as extensive, there aren't near as many kids playing, etc. If you haven't checked it out....maybe that game is better suited to your style of play?

Lastly....why would you want PvE end game gear when you're a PvP'er.  There's absolutely no REASON for you to try and get it anyway. It has no resilience on it and it's utterly useless in Arena, BGs, etc.  Actually....PvP gear fares better in heroics and PvE dungeons than PvE gear does in PvP...FOR SURE. You'll get by a lot better in PvE, than most raiders would in PvP, just on the gear differences.

And by the way....WoW wasn't started with PvP'ers in mind at all. There were no arenas or BGs in vanilla WoW's initial stages, so....why did you stay, if you didn't like the game?  I don't get it.

I've never started a character on a PvE server - that would drive me insane. I tried Warhammer and whilst it talked a good talk in development in couldn't match the hype on release. I subbed to it for 6 months but it can't compare to WoW's pvp.

I agree WoW wasn't started with Pvp'ers in mind, I wasn't one when I started playing either. I started playing just after it launched and enjoyed the pve content in Vanilla. Back then the game was mostly group driven from level 40 upwards - you really had to group to get to 60 - and the end-game was limited pve content + the tarrn mill / south shore tug of war.

Infact it would be true to say the game went anti-pvp for a good while in 2006 until TBC came out. The BG's had crazy queue times, poor rewards obtainable by only a few willing to sacrifice everything for the top titles and they actively tried to disuade us from world pvp.

and it's still a pve game at it's core today. That's why I say I've kind of fallen down the the cracks in the design due to what I want from the game now. These days my days of doing group content on PvE at 80 are well over. I don't care how accessible they make it (and I used to like attunements) - it's just not for me any more. (I can see why others like it though)

I get my kicks from running BG's, doing arena and the odd bit of pve solo to get gold. I'm still playing because i enjoy those aspects of the game and for £8.99 a month it's well worth it. and with rated BG's on the horizon things are looking even better.

Originally posted by Papadam

Ive been a huge Warcraft/Blizzard fan since playing WC2 as a kid and loved all their games since then... Untill WoW which was a huge dissapointment for me and I didnt last longer than lvl 40. Instead of making me feel apart of the WC world/lore it just felt like endless carrot chasing and I coult not fins any enjoyment in it. Then I found LotrO and it was just what I wanted from this type of game .
    Since I love Warcraft I have tried many time to go back to WoW and start new, but the early levels of WoW is so extremly boring I find it hard to understand how people can roll alts in the game. I would love to try out the Wotlk content but I will never waste so much time to get there.

I thought the same thing about LOTRO (and I had a level 50)

-Voltaire

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

I've gotten bored of wow, sadly, theres not really anyone on my server doing the instances I need for my armor. =[, A lot of people are saying WoW is heading down hill with all these promotions. If it doesn't do something great within the next year, the next generation of MMO's (SWTOR and many more) Will run it over.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

personally, I get bored of any mmo after 3 months

so I rotate them for variety

DDO currently has my attention but I'll be back for "more WOW" in the future