Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets all bow our heads in memory of this wonderful game

2»

Comments

• PunisherXPunisherX Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by Bladeinhand

Lol I know were Turkey is Ive even been there, it still isnt a Middle Eastern country. Its in the european Union , middle eastern countries can't be in the EU. Just because it borders Syria and Iraq doesnt make it so, it also borders Russian speaking countries and Greece. You need History lessons too, they never fought Americans in the first world war or the Japanese lol, it was primarly the British, Russians and French. I doubt they still hold grudges about the 1st world war it was 100 years ago you know. Turks arnt pissed off arabs either,just let it go everytime you keep replying it just fails.
    americans may not have been in turkey during the first world war... but we wooped the central powers asses and turkey was apart of that.... as for the fact that it was 100 years ago.... there are black people today who are still angry at white people for slavery.... that was 200 years ago.... anger and hatred stands the test of time if we let it...

and maybe... let us put in a new theory..... maybe they are an asshole to you...... because you're an asshole to them

• aussie_1991aussie_1991 Member Posts: 2

personally i think the game still owns, some of the new stuff they have introduced is great like the weapons and such. i know people will think that it was better when not everyone has +7-10 items and rebirth but personally i think it has made it much better. lots of people like the game for looking cool with their character aswell and the rebirth option gives this. i think they have done a great job but yea back in the old days was still very very good

• dsjupiterdsjupiter Member Posts: 1

i started playing it around the same time as you, man i loved that game it was so much fun, when i joined there were few worlds to join and there were turks but it wasnt RULLED by them like now, and i was around when they made the new mondoran i liked the beta, but then it got stuped, they hade things called "pets" they were kinda cool at first but then you had to pay membership to use them, and then they started closing the temple every so often, i just got frustrated about it so i started playing other games

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243

what happened is that, i enjoyed this game. but i enjoyed other games such as WAR and FFXI more.

• LirananLiranan Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by Bladeinhand

Lol I know were Turkey is Ive even been there, it still isnt a Middle Eastern country. Its in the european Union , middle eastern countries can't be in the EU. Just because it borders Syria and Iraq doesnt make it so, it also borders Russian speaking countries and Greece. You need History lessons too, they never fought Americans in the first world war or the Japanese lol, it was primarly the British, Russians and French. I doubt they still hold grudges about the 1st world war it was 100 years ago you know. Turks arnt pissed off arabs either,just let it go everytime you keep replying it just fails.

Turkey isn't a European country at all, go learn geography. If participating in the EuroVision Song Contest makes Turkey a European country then Israel is also a European country and by that right Ghana could also claim to be a European country. Turkey is a Middle-Eastern country, end of discussion. If you don't understand why go learn about the continents, tectonics and the way the world is split up in different continents.

"I have been to Turkey so it's not in Asia and it's in the EU." Ridiculous, Turkey should hire you as their spokesman because you have just as much a clue as the 12 year olds who dupe in KO.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

I never could get into KO all that much....I played it for maybe 4-6 weeks before I got bored......I never thought the community was all that great......

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

I remember playing Knight Online back when it was in beta and on until about 05. What a great game and what potential it had. The turks were pathetic really. They disgusted me in everyway possible. I heard 90% of them didn't even have home computers. They went to internet cafes (with the laptops bolted to the tables) and played knight online ALL DAY UNTIL THE CAFEs CLOSED!!!! I even got one of them to admit it. And if you were a girl you had it worse if you played KO with turks because they were straight perverts. I'm a boy and I remember getting on my female archer (for fun) and I get 50 bazillion turks pming me asking me for pics and my email.

When you see someone say "Hey you're hot, I wanna fuck you" in a RPG its just downright sad. Or better yet that retarded turkish language. I think my finest moment was when I was on my female archer and I scammed some dude that was coming on to me. I made up a fake yahoo email and changedthe profile so that it looked girly then sent him some webcam pics I googled. He gave me a fortune in gold and when he asked me to get on windows messenger I always said "I don't have it". Sucked for him. He honestly made me freaking rich.

Anyone remember when you logged into the wrong server and there'd be 60 million turkish hacker merchants dragging down the framerate? All selling the best items in the game x10 with like +13 reborn LOLOLOLOLOL

My name on there used to be Omega_Ranok I was known as one of the best party makers. I used to literally have hundreds of people Pming me soon as I got on just to get in a party that I would soon make. Sometimes if I left for a week or two when I got back on I would see that some people quit the game cause they thought I quit LOL. My parties weren't your normal parties so first timers would be hesitant to join, but the results were spectacular and cheat free.

Originally posted by Bonemane

When you see someone say "Hey you're hot, I wanna fuck you" in a RPG its just downright sad. Or better yet that retarded turkish language. I think my finest moment was when I was on my female archer and I scammed some dude that was coming on to me. I made up a fake yahoo email and changedthe profile so that it looked girly then sent him some webcam pics I googled. He gave me a fortune in gold and when he asked me to get on windows messenger I always said "I don't have it". Sucked for him. He honestly made me freaking rich.

Quoting for epic lulz! Well done mate!

I used to be in a clan called Eternity on Xigenon. The people in that clan were magnificent people, loved every single one of them. Then RDH, another great clan. Everyone left, never to return. It was horrible watching people leave one by one as the Turks pushed everyone out. If you didn't cheat you couldn't play the game, impossible to compete with the KOXPing rogues. I will always hate K2 for this.

Yeah I always wanted to join one of those clans with the trademark logo cause it looked so cool. I remember before the turks there were brazillians and stuff, but they were mad cool. They were hard workers too lol. The turks always left your group as soon as you spoke a bit of english, but the latinos stayed and just leveled all day without saying a freaking word (sometimes you'd see a sentence in spanish or w.e. when they spoke to one another). So silent yet I couldn't help, but to admire them. They were there to work and thats it. Man I loved them. I heard they all moved to Ragnarok Online once the turks pushed them out.

Anyone remember the joke they had about the latinos, that they all lived in the same building lol. It was hilarious the first time I heard it.

One of the worst things the Turks did was transform into a Skeleton and TP people looking for parties right in the middle of harpies, lamia, trolls or golems. They deserved to be ritually strangled for that.

Originally posted by Liranan

One of the worst things the Turks did was transform into a Skeleton and TP people looking for parties right in the middle of harpies, lamia, trolls or golems. They deserved to be ritually strangled for that.

Yeah I remember that bull. People used to get em back though. Someone used to taunt a giant troll and bring it into Moradon or w.e. that city was and it killed all the turkish merchants lol. I remember seeing that thing chasing some dude down the road and yelling "The city is under attack!! Get the guards!!! They're bringing the troll!!!" then I'd get the hell outta there even though sometimes I stayed and watched the huge massacre. Shame a bunch of innocent bystanders died too

• rspaderspade Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Bashful

It was my first MMO, too. I feel lucky that I at least got to play on one of the earlier versions before all hell broke lose. Remember the orc yell at the login screen and the way your character was seated in a throne, then rose up before you -- it was so cool. I had a mage and got him up to 63. Then I got tired of the game and deleted him. Then I went back and leveled an archer to 67, legit. But with all the cheating by others is just got too frustrating. K2 never did anything quickly. Simple things too months to fix. Ever bit of the game was exploited by some people... I'll always wonder what would have happened if a good company had gotten that license instead.

Yeah I agree, I also played back with the orc yelling and the throne login, and it was a much better game back then. I recently reinstalled and started a new character since I forgot my old account details and this game has changed so much for the worse. First off it was nearly impossible to be a newb, especially a melee one, since there are mage and archer bots hogging all the quest monsters. Then there was the fact that I couldn't understand what anyone was saying, only from reading these forums did I find out they were speaking turkish. I just gave up; it's hard to appreciate a game when it has declined so much from its earlier version.

Yeah knight online's just like runescape. It might be popular nowadays, but I bet you none of the old school players still play. If all the new players knew what these games were like before the changes they wouldn't be playing either.

• tdexploittdexploit Member Posts: 5

I've missed the game and still sort of do. I'll admit, it was the first MMO that I got really addicted to other than Maplestory at the time. KO was basically the foundation to my love for 3D MMOs. Yes, what most of you all say is true. The Turks had a role in ruining the game along with K2, but the damage is done. After mid-05 I've never stepped foot in Beramus again.  Mainly because it gets annoying with all the PMs on my priest and that there is probably 1% of the people in Beramus speaks english now.

In the end, kudos to KO before the great plummit to oblivion.

FYI, I dont have anything personal against Turks but sometimes some of them are extremely annoying and aggravating.

• 883448883448 Member Posts: 12

This was also the first mmo game i ever played. I play'd it for about 3 years and never got over lvl 60 xD. But i had like 10 characters on lvl 50 after that it got to hard to lvl. After that update when they remade all the cities, espesaly moradon and they put lvl restriction on all the places i stop playing. I gotta ssay they rly destroed the game :(. anyways best game i ever play'd.

• jimmyfrayjimmyfray Member Posts: 6

this long-history game has been holding my interest up to mow. i'm still playing this with some nostalgic feelings. i shall bow my heads to this wonderful game. hahaha!

• starNvainstarNvain Member Posts: 1

1000's of memories , too many highs and lows , the best time of my gaming life , worst time of my real life , time spend on those neverendling grinding ,never thought i could kill harpies /urak later ews over and over again not for hours or days months yrs endlessly then lag and dc and lossing hours of xping >.< , frastation being kicked out again and again from parties just cuz i was not turk , frastation dealing with kospers everywhere , seeing my best frd a/c got hacked his chac runing infront of us and we cant do jack about it tanx to k2 , remember learning eng - turky and spanish translation so i can get parties ,pasting eng to turky /span translation on the wall next to my pc . cant forget those never ending kser's .

either way i loved ko ,ke , rofd ,mr . just loved my time in this game even with its falls there always where some great frds throughout all the way some gone but more came to , loved everymin of my rollercoster ride of pvping in this game played tons of mmo's none have even close to pvp exprience like knight online do , exping in ko is mading without frds or group . loved my great clans

wonderfull game just bad host company k2 ,                          and proberly my lifes longest and only , which i can say " addiction "

• bobericboberic Member Posts: 97

i feel the same way as everyone else. KO was my first MMO and i got to play it during its early days...I tried to play it recently and the premium shit and the login time restrictions for non premium players pisses me off. the game is more overcrowded than down town beijing, Chin. And yes there are too many turks and theres too much spam..so much spam that if u type a message it will go by faster than you can submit it...the guys spam so fast that that it looks like the messages arent moving...but really theres about 1000000000000000000000000^5 messages being posted from one person(or bot)... Game maintenance is horrible...the game would be good if any one spoke english. and the game seems bugged and a bit unfinished and unpolished...scratch that alot unpolished... theres loop holes quests are a bit uninformative...apparently theres prerequisites to quests that the game doesnt tell you about. so if you try to turn in your quest with out doing the prereq. it wont let you...

the world is waay too small for the amount of players they have in the servers...and its seems as though everyone just sits around...

though its fun...i do alot of killing things...cus the quests started to piss me off...

enjoy the game...glad you guys enjoy it more than i do

////////////
    function()
    {
    runescape != goodgame;
    }

• northwoodsnorthwoods Member Posts: 2

Played on MYKO for a long time but stopped after the lag was just too horrible. Then switched to USKO but after a couple of weeks the lack of english and large amount of hacks players were using took the fun out of the game. may it R.I.P.

• SeisSeis Member Posts: 8

Tryed most MMO's out on the market now and none can compete with the fun I had on this game a few years back, shame the koxpers and speedhackers ruined it for us, Turks did more than enough damage, but even on C-West botters and cheaters where everywhere, so I was abit ignorant to think Turks where the only reason for the games eventual death for me.

About to buy Aion hoping that might give me my needed MMO fix :)

• ArkanumArkanum Member Posts: 5

Still unmatched in PvP, there is nothing quite like it out there.. I think this game has many good years still left in it and lately the hacking seems to have been greatly reduced to new anti-cheating measures.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

You all just need to go Carnac-West. I just recently came back to KO and joined this server and I NEVER see botters anymore. Unless you run back to secluded areas that don't really matter to legit players. Also the cheating on this server is at a minimum. The cheating is under control enough on this server that you really don't even notice anymore.

I am loving this game right now. Only problem on C-West is there are a handful of players who BABA like crazy and have amazing items. Other than that the population is pretty equal and you can still start a new character and catch up with everyone. Love this game.