Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Methods.

There is a few of these polls over at SWTOR.com. The point to this thread is to get a different perspective outside of the official boards. Although this poll is specifically for SWTOR, feel free to answer your choice in payment method even if you have no intentions in playing the game as of yet, I would also like to encourage you to give an answer as to why you selected the option you did.  Please be civil with responses and reasons for your choice in payment method. I will try and make the options as clear as possible, I'm trying to squeeze all of this into one poll which only gives me 10 options, hopefully this will suffice.

For those of you who don't understand what some of these mean,

Pay to Play - Standard $15 monthly payment.

Fluff RMT - Pets, vehicles, cosmetics etc.

Normal RMT - Gear, Character bonuses such as XP boosts etc , this also includes all fluff items.

Pay for Content - Pay per content patch, examples of content being dungeons, planets, classes etc. Solo hotfix patchs are not content.

(Please remember no payment method is announced yet, any and all are still being considered)

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

100% says all. discussion over *giggles*

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Toquio3

100% says all. discussion over *giggles*

If you're talking about RMT, P2P, PfC (pay for content) all in one. That actually had 10% of the votes I think on the official boards. Not much, but people do want it.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Honesty, looking at the direction the game is going, F2P would be the only chance I would give the game a shot. Multiplayer KoTOR does not need a monthly fee. As it stands I don't see how they intend to actually make the game worth playing for more than a week since you start with all your class defining abilities from the start, so I see little room for advancement of your character at all. Additionally, it's going to be hokey/overwrought as hell with everyone dual wielding "Double Wookie +6 lightsabers". 

That being said, it's almost 100% positive we're going to see a cash shop of some sort. They've already put it in their EULA, and considering Bioware apparently has a new community portal system up and a "Bioware points" system, as amazing as Dragon Age is, I highly doubt it was all put in place for that one game...

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

I wont be playing any game with any RMT model as a payment method ever. Thats just me.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• karmaesokarmaeso Member Posts: 34

Pay for content. I read somewhere on this site long ago about the idea that Bioware might go P4C, and I loved the idea. Just buy the content when you get there and/or when it's released. However, please note that I see a big difference between paying for content and paying for a patch.

P2P would be my second choice, if they did something "innovative" with it, which is what I'm hope Bioware would do. Also, if they did pay to play, I would prefer if Bioware did not ask for any other transaction, such as RMT and P4C

Personally, any RMT really wouldn't fit in such an IP like Star Wars. Don't ask me why, it would just perturb me.

#K

EDIT

Greed, if it's possible, can I get a link to the official polls? I can't seem to find them on the forums.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by greed0104

If you're talking about RMT, P2P, PfC (pay for content) all in one. That actually had 10% of the votes I think on the official boards. Not much, but people do want it.

10% of people asked to be ripped off? I guess that makes sense. If all the devs voted for that, plus some trolls, yeah I could see that adding up to 10%.

• RagnavenRagnaven Member Posts: 483

I get so tired of the this game is just kotor multiplayer and everyone will be a jedi mindset. I don't see that being an issue if they stick to the trend they have had in the other KoTor's as well I don't see it being what people are thinking. Then again I also wonder if half the people that say that played KoTor at all, or went to the website and realized that a lot of a ablities are actually endgame.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Raltar

Originally posted by greed0104

10% of people asked to be ripped off? I guess that makes sense. If all the devs voted for that, plus some trolls, yeah I could see that adding up to 10%.

You would be surprised the level of supi--- nvm.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by Ragnaven

or went to the website and realized that a lot of a ablities are actually endgame.

Except for the whole video presentation they did showing low level/starter characters busting out with full force powers, dual wielding, and various other abilities. It's true that there are "end game" skills, but that doesn't mean you aren't handed the vast majority of the interesting ones right off the bat, and it still doesn't solve the incredible hokeyness of having a million jedi wondering around dual wielding lightsabers. I just don't see a way for them to actually implement interesting advancement at all besides throwing gear at you which I find to be a complete cop out and boring. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!