Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mabinogi heroes looks pretty good

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Now when you think of Mabinogi, you probably think of a cute cartoony free to play mmorpg.

Now forget about that because its spin of and prequel Mabinogi Heroes looks and plays nothing like that.

I was actually really surprised when I first saw Mabinogi Heroes. It ditched its cartoony style for a more mature and realistic look.

The graphics in the game look beautiful.

From what I gather it's not a complete open world game, more along the lines of Guild Wars and Phantasy Star Online.

Take a look.

www.youtube.com/watch

www.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Yeah, I'm waiting for that, Tera, and C9.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

It's not exactly like Guild Wars but not far from it either. You basically get on a boat with your teammates then select your mission and you're good to go.

But yeah, I've been following this game for quite a while already. Definitively a game that looks quite challenging.

youtube.com/watch (Boss Fight, Sharp Tooth)

Sadly, doubt we'll see this game hit the NA market before late 2010/mid 2011 if we're lucky.

• birkenbirken Member Posts: 122

This game look really good but it look like there not many classes. No matter i will play in a heart beat hope its F2p

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Considering it's published by Nexon, it's probably going to be F2P.

• CaleveiraCaleveira Member Posts: 556
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Now when you think of Mabinogi, you probably think of a cute cartoony free to play mmorpg.
    Now forget about that because its spin of and prequel Mabinogi Heroes looks and plays nothing like that.

I was actually really surprised when I first saw Mabinogi Heroes. It ditched its cartoony style for a more mature and realistic look.

From what I gather it's not a complete open world game, more along the lines of Guild Wars and Phantasy Star Online.
    Take a look.
    www.youtube.com/watch
    www.youtube.com/watch

Ok... whats the deal with the links?

Just to make things clear...
    I speak for myself and no one else, unless i state otherwise mine is just an opinion. A fact is something that can be independently verified, you may challenge such but with proof. You have every right to disagree with me through sound argument, i believe in constructive debate, but baseless aggression will warrant an unkind response.

• icaughtfireicaughtfire Member Posts: 109

I think the character designs of this game focuses on the cute-ness. Just like an upgraded version of Rose Online. A mature version I mean. =p

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I think i would really enjoy this game if it was made for a western audience, i really don't wanna play another grinding item mall game from nexon.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

What's wrong with the links?

• mightyikarimightyikari Member Posts: 101

I still haven't managed to play Mabinogi yet as I live in the UK at it seems to block access from anywhere but the US.

Shame as it looked so nice.

http://www.recycleyourgames.co.uk - Recycle Your Games and Consoles. Help the Environment and Charity!

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Take a look.
    www.youtube.com/watch
    www.youtube.com/watch

It does look much better than most crapanime. However, if it's F2P, I will definitely pass.

• mightyikarimightyikari Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

It does look much better than most crapanime. However, if it's F2P, I will definitely pass.

That's a shame, if people completely count out all F2P games simply because they are F2P, they may miss something truly excellent.

Open-mindedness FTW!

http://www.recycleyourgames.co.uk - Recycle Your Games and Consoles. Help the Environment and Charity!

• HellmarauderHellmarauder Member Posts: 178

I lol at people who claim they pass F2P, both Youtube and Facebook (yeah, there are games in them too) are F2P, do you pass them as well???

Back to the topic, i still prefer mabinogi better.  Mabinogi is one of very few mmo's that actually gives us genuine medieval & renaissance-era weapons & armors, not like those "flashy toys" seen in other mmo's.  But it's a shame devCAT took mabinogi heroes in a different, "more popular" direction, just to please those action-oriented crowd.

• CaleveiraCaleveira Member Posts: 556

What's wrong with the links?

Sorry mate, they werent working for me last night. I like the game, it looks solid. Wish it wasnt an f2p cuz i would like to give it try.

Edit; I pass on f2p because it means major rule changes every few months. Dont want to work leveling and spend money on a char just to find out all my efforts are worthless. Been there, done that. RMT=Wallet race.

Really would like to give it a go. Why dont they just make this games cheaper p2ps?

Just to make things clear...
    I speak for myself and no one else, unless i state otherwise mine is just an opinion. A fact is something that can be independently verified, you may challenge such but with proof. You have every right to disagree with me through sound argument, i believe in constructive debate, but baseless aggression will warrant an unkind response.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Hellmarauder

I lol at people who claim they pass F2P, both Youtube and Facebook (yeah, there are games in them too) are F2P, do you pass them as well???
    Back to the topic, i still prefer mabinogi better.  Mabinogi is one of very few mmo's that actually gives us genuine medieval & renaissance-era weapons & armors, not like those "flashy toys" seen in other mmo's.  But it's a shame devCAT took mabinogi heroes in a different, "more popular" direction, just to please those action-oriented crowd.

I have to say I wouldn,t mind if Mabinogi went under a small "graphic" revamp with slightly more realistic graphics. It's one of the major complain about the game most people have. Mabinogi is still one of my favorite MMORPG though.

As for Mabinogi Heroes, well they simply followed the wave in Asia. Several skill-based game are work in-progress or CBT/OBT in Asia. These games includes Dragon Nest, Tera, Continent Of The Ninth, Mabinogi Heroes, and a few more.

____

As for those "no to F2P games because of cash shop", you should know that cash shop barely does anything in skill-based game.