Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The launch back in 2005

QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

The launch of Guild Wars was undoubtedly the smoothest I've seen. I have to ask if I remember correctly: Did the game actually launch some hours ahead of schedule? Can't really remember how they did it.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Comments

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

I know that if you pre-ordered it you were able to log in a day in advance of those that did not pre-order.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Yeah it had an amazing launch.  Also, remember when they had the demo during E3 when the game was still in alpha phase?  There was like no bugs at all, and the game was in alpha.  It was totally amazing, I think it did wonders for the hype of the game and a big part of what made GW so popular. The game was in alpha yet there was no glitches even with SO MANY people going on it at once during that 3 day demo.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

One memorable thing from the beta weekends was that I made a bug report because I was able to go through the map and see the skybox. 20min later and a new patch came. The area was fixed. Now that's some fast work they did there. Must be some awesome devtools.

• HeadBytorHeadBytor Member UncommonPosts: 93

unfortunately I havent gotten into the game during its beta, but one month after release.

I've heard about its super smooth release and can't help but wonder and hope that the same will happen for gw2.

• DaX.9DaX.9 Member Posts: 192

Yea, best launch in industry and still is. I think GW2 will do the same.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Its much less likely, since GWs instancing system mostly eliminated the common problems with mmo server stress.  Aoins launch wasnt very good right?  And thats made by arena net?

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• DaX.9DaX.9 Member Posts: 192

I just wonder when O WHEN will people learn that arenaNET is guild wars developer not NC soft.

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956
    Originally posted by DaX.9

I just wonder when O WHEN will people learn that arenaNET is guild wars developer not NC soft.

also Anet= some of original devs of WoW

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by wormywyrm

Its much less likely, since GWs instancing system mostly eliminated the common problems with mmo server stress.  Aoins launch wasnt very good right?  And thats made by arena net?

No, Aion was not made by Arenanet.