Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HUGE .hack Fan Looking for a MMO

jg0530jg0530 Member Posts: 47

As stated above I'm a huge fan of the .hack universe. Upsettingly enough, they have never made the MMO the franchise is based off of (which I can not understand). ANYWAY, I'm looking for an MMO that is similar to The World.

I'm by no means new to the MMO world. I've played FFXI from release until early this year (which is my fav. mmo of all time!), WoW, CoX, CO, Aion (currently subscribed to but getting bored of), TR, PSU (which IMO was the closest, even if Sci-fi setting was different) and a whole bunch of others.

If I'm going to give criteia to look for I'd probably say that it has a lot of customizability for the look of your character, fantasy setting, LARGE ACTIVE COMMUNITY (IMO this is most important) and most of all fun! I don't mind grinding, so that's not a factor.

Well thanks in advance for the help, using my Sprite Ocarina to get out of to get out of here now. (God I'm a nerd >_>)

Comments

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

They have made one in the Japan and it failed so it never came to the states. Better luck next time.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

I'd recommend something like RF online, a private server, not sure if the game itself is still up, but I do know private servers are.

I'd also recommend Mabinogi, it's not really .Hackish from what I can tell, but it's good.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Ugh, yeah its sad they never stepped up and turned .hack into an MMO, i mean hell it would have been a very easy transition, the game was already designed as an MMO, they just needed to add in the online functionality and pretty much kept everything else as far as the battle system and stuff. Was always one of my favorite series of all time and ive been hoping they would make an mmo out of it since the original series.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Ugh, yeah its sad they never stepped up and turned .hack into an MMO, i mean hell it would have been a very easy transition, the game was already designed as an MMO, they just needed to add in the online functionality and pretty much kept everything else as far as the battle system and stuff. Was always one of my favorite series of all time and ive been hoping they would make an mmo out of it since the original series.

They did make an MMO...sorta...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.hack//fragment

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

One of the closest I can think of is DDO. Mostly because of how it's a dungeon crawl and has treasure chests at the end of a dungeon (at least from what I was paying attention to).

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by johnmatthais

Well not really MMO, just MO, join up with 3 people in lobby and then go into game, but still a shame they didnt bring it to the US. a real MMO of it redone nowadays though would be awesome, especially with the original series, and .hack GU not too long ago, as well as the anime show... surely theyd have a pretty solid fanbase to start with and get a decent amount of players

• CrystalSkiesCrystalSkies Member Posts: 3

Man I totally feel you guys on this one, I too am an avid .hack fan and have forever been looking for one reminiscent of The World... happy to know there are still some surviving fans out there :D And lolx, Sprite Ocarina. Good times good times.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Originally posted by johnmatthais

Well not really MMO, just MO, join up with 3 people in lobby and then go into game

GW and PSO/PSU description much? xD

Anyways, yeah it's a crying shame. It woulda been popular here.

• jg0530jg0530 Member Posts: 47

Well, since I don't live in pre-2006 Japan, can anyone recommend a game I can play now? I know about Fragment and it killed me it never came out here =/

Bump for help!

Originally posted by mrcalhou

One of the closest I can think of is DDO. Mostly because of how it's a dungeon crawl and has treasure chests at the end of a dungeon (at least from what I was paying attention to).

--------

• chase17tnchase17tn Member Posts: 93

Yhaa i really think we should get it if  we could just get a team together lol we would have something on the koreans and japaness since they wont let us play dragonball online we should make the .hack//MMO and not let them play ^_^

made by nonny
    and
    made by Braggi

thanks both u guys

• chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240

"bump"  I would like to know if there is anything similar to .hack// as well.

• chase17tnchase17tn Member Posts: 93

Look Dragonball online is in beta test to s.korea T_T http://dbo.netmarble.net/main.asp i wanna play so badly

made by nonny
    and
    made by Braggi

thanks both u guys

Originally posted by chase17tn

Look Dragonball online is in beta test to s.korea T_T http://dbo.netmarble.net/main.asp i wanna play so badly

You are not alone my friend!

Bump! Still LFG =(

I still suggest you check out Dungeons and Dragons online. It's not the same, but in my years of looking, it's probably the closest thing.

--------

I tried DDO and though it was really sub-par in terms of well...everything. I DL'd th HQ graphics and it looks like EQ1. I'm not saying graphics are everything, but they are SOMETHING. In the first few parts of the game all I felt like I did was hold down attack and run. Turn in some quests, turn off gen char because all I saw was "Rogue lfp!!" or my fav "Rouge lfp!" lol

I'm getting back into PSU atm because IMO if they took this games format, and applied .hack skins it would be PERFECT. It's fun but I feel like the community is kinda meh. Plus no guild support is absurd in a modern MMO.

I'll prolly let this fall down if this does, because well I guess PSU is my best bet atm.

Seriously though, someone needs to make this game!

Lol. I agree about DDO to be honest. I have it installed, but I find I would rather do my lab reports than play it. I downloaded the 360 demo of PSU and couldn't figure it out. I thought it was supposed to be an online trial, but I didn't see anyone around. On a similiar note, I really, really want a Monster Hunter MMO too.

--------

Originally posted by mrcalhou

Lol. I agree about DDO to be honest. I have it installed, but I find I would rather do my lab reports than play it. I downloaded the 360 demo of PSU and couldn't figure it out. I thought it was supposed to be an online trial, but I didn't see anyone around. On a similiar note, I really, really want a Monster Hunter MMO too.

It's a shame Monster Hunter Frontier only got released in asia so far :(

Im hoping and begging for an european or american version!