Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons why i did not renew

splitcoldsplitcold Member Posts: 73

Aion is a grind, the hype that it was westernized isn't true.

Aion does not encourage group grinding. The exp gained is reduced to the point where it is better to grind solo.

They still cant hire a few people to get rid of the bots and gold spammers?

No GM support.

I'm able to deal with the above reasons, even though they shouldn't be there.

Deal Breaker: End Game

Aion is supposed to be all about PVP.

(PVP= Fort raids, abyss, and rifts)

Fort raids do not work, so many people are crashing and NCsoft still has no solution.

The abyss, why should a lvl 50 be there? Going to kill some lvl 40s, thats the only option for a lvl 50. (There is no lvl 50 area in the abyss.)

Rifts, good luck finding a lvl 50 one. Maybe up once a week for real.

So what are you going to do. Can't find a rift. Can't join fort raids. There's no other lv 50s in the abyss and no real reason to go there either. I wanted to PVP.

This is why  I quit, why did you want to play aion?

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Well im glad you made an account just to say that, and provided a very detailed evaluation.

• diruuudiruuu Member Posts: 62

lol WTF is ur point of posting....so u have reached lvl 50 already? the whole point of grouping to do to raids and dungoen and group quest.. doesnt matter im not even gonna say anymore...ur just sad

• ThunderballsThunderballs Member Posts: 365

You are exactly the sort of person Aion and indeed any other MMO can do without.   Whiner that cant work at anything for more than 5 minutes and expect the game developers to ruin the effort required for progression in a game.

You dont sound remotely credible as a real level 50 achiever.  If you did hit level 50 you are as dumb as they come because you are complaining about lack of people to play with when less than 1% of the player base are level 50.  If you raced to 50 by either cheating orplaying 18 hours a day wit hplenty of prior knowledge of the game you are hardly a typical player and you can not of exactly immersed yourself in anything other than solo mob bashing for day after day.

There is no "grind" in Aion until you hit level 40.  Then it is debatable with plenty of instance runs and places to explore.

You dont have to have your lfg chat channel visible and you can simply and quickly block anyone in chat you dont like in an instant.  You can easily make private chat channels and tailor chat windows to show what you want.

Moreover they clamped down massively on the gold spammers and in any case why have a hissy fit over something so trivial that has no impact on your game if you were not so uptight about the issue.  I can log into WOW and bump into gold advertisers within minutes it is a feature of mmogs most mature people have learnt to ignore or put up with rather than bleat about.

Caveat Emptor

• cadamlcadaml Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by splitcold

Aion is a grind, the hype that it was westernized isn't true.
    When you do grind, its best solo. If you party in a group the exp is reduced a lot. So it gets boring.
    They still cant hire a few people to get rid of the bots and gold spammers?
    No GM support.
    Most of all the endgame really sucks!
    (PVP: Fort raids, abyss, and rifts)
    Fort raids blow, so many people are crashing and NCsoft still has no solution.
    The abyss why should a lvl 50 be there? Going to kill some lvl 40s?
    Rifts, good luck finding a lvl 50 one. Maybe up once a week for real.

So what are you going to do. Can't find a rift. Can't join fort raids. There's no other lv 50s in the abyss and no real reason to go there either.

Im going back to FPS its fun, my free time in Aion grinding felt like a job.

Nahhh i know what your saying i feel same way :) cept i didnt do the grind haha

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

I love it when people make second accounts to post about how they quit AION when they never even played the game.  And take it from someone who has been playing MMOS for over 10 years now --  They all got grinds.  And to me AION feels like a western MMO as much as any of them.

• Predator160Predator160 Member Posts: 128

Inc Troll, please exit stage left.

• MalifissMalifiss Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Well im glad you made an account just to say that, and provided a very detailed evaluation.

Yeah, he made an account back in 2007 just so he could slam on a game that wouldn't be out for another 2 years.  That makes sense. 

Hope you find something you enjoy OP.  I know I didn't like Aion either.