Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of coming back

Its been a few years i was wondering if I could reactivate the account or would I have to start over ?

Comments

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

well i assume you can reactivate.....all character can transfer over to the new server, which give the game the feeling as it once did  you know a populated server and everyone who still plays seems to be enjoying themselves....try it out if you want too

• kendinkendin Member Posts: 12

You should be able to just resub.

• morphomorpho Member Posts: 51

Yup just re-sub and download the game. There are 3500 people on right now which is better than what there was last i played.

I just re-subbed and almost done downloading. Can't wait to do some 8-year anniversary quests and figure out the best gear for my scout >.<

I love this game and when Aion got boring to me I decided to come back to this.

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

I've been debating on coming back. I always loved this game. But I was never good at it really....

never really knew anyone that played it even when I got in a guild I never really grouped with any of them. So leveling was pretty slow which sucked....

• ElwalpoElwalpo Member Posts: 23

im also thinking about playing DAOC again, i know there are alot of ppl on the new servers, i would like to know how is the community on there since it looks like the game is fun again.

played: EQOA,EQ1, EQ2, SWG, DAOC, FFXI, GW, WoW, Eve, Vanguard, COH/COV, Pirates of Burning Sea, Pirates of the Carribean, Freerealms, AOC, Warhammer, UO, Secondlife (LMFAO), The Matrix Online.
    Waiting for: SWTOR, STO

• HaleraiserHaleraiser Member Posts: 4

I just came back to DAOC and have to say I am very glad that I did. After looking on my bookshelf and noticing I had 15 different mmorpg games on it, the only one I even considered playing again was DAOC. Everytime I played a new game WOW, Vanquard, Warhammer, AOC, Aion, extc.. I just kept longing to play a game as good as DAOC again. With the new server cluster the game is really alive again and I suggest to anyone who is thinking of coming back, please do it, I don't believe you will be dissapointed.

Currently Playing- Fallen Earth, DAOC, Starcraft II
    MMO's played- DAOC, WOW, Warhammer, FFXI
    MMO's Tried- EQ, EQ2, EQOA, Vanguard, AOC, Tabula Rasa,SWG, Aion,Guild Wars,LOTRO,CO and some ftp mmos

• ElwalpoElwalpo Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Haleraiser

I just came back to DAOC and have to say I am very glad that I did. After looking on my bookshelf and noticing I had 15 different mmorpg games on it, the only one I even considered playing again was DAOC. Everytime I played a new game WOW, Vanquard, Warhammer, AOC, Aion, extc.. I just kept longing to play a game as good as DAOC again. With the new server cluster the game is really alive again and I suggest to anyone who is thinking of coming back, please do it, I don't believe you will be dissapointed.

are you playing on the new server and what cluster and what realm?

played: EQOA,EQ1, EQ2, SWG, DAOC, FFXI, GW, WoW, Eve, Vanguard, COH/COV, Pirates of Burning Sea, Pirates of the Carribean, Freerealms, AOC, Warhammer, UO, Secondlife (LMFAO), The Matrix Online.

• shaunathanshaunathan Member Posts: 73

Is the new server that "classic" server they were talking about back in April?  I'd like to try it.

I left about a year after beta when they severely nerfed the bow.   I remember reading back in the wild and crazy days of this game there was even player housing?  Does that still exist?

• RendRegenRendRegen Member Posts: 158

With WAR failing and now Aion, I'm also thinking of coming back and kick around some Alb and Hib butt. I still think its the best MMO made.

• House_of_ELHouse_of_EL Member Posts: 4

how is DAOC doing now, im seriously thinking about wanting to play this game?

• ThedreademuThedreademu Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by House_of_EL

how is DAOC doing now, im seriously thinking about wanting to play this game?

I just resubbed about two weeks back. Having tons of fun. Transfered all of my toons to their new "ywain" server cluster. Plenty of action even in the lowbie BGs so that's always good. I'd say def resub if your on the fence.