Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's with all the corrupted files in the games?

If this is the wrong forum for talking about this let me know....Because I about to QQ right now!

I download Rohan...corrupted files

I download Atlantica...corrupted files

I download Dragonica...corrupted files

I Finally download Chronicles of Spellborn and while I was installing it guess what came up?

CORRUPTED FILES!!

Is it my fault? Am I doing something wrong? Is my computer jacked up? I mean I all I did was install them...

Is this happening to you guys?

I wanna play a new MMO, but with all the long, tedious downloading...and then for it to come up corrupted...I'm almost at the point where i might give up MMO's...

well at least until I can afford a new computer...

Is your cat making TOO MUCH NOISE?!! TRY KITTEN MITTONS!!

Comments

• mokoleusmokoleus Member Posts: 142

my first thought, is you have a/or several viral infections... or a poor internet connection, thats dropping too many packets while downloading?? i can't imagine you picked every mmo that was currently having data issues. it has to be on your end, or your providers end, i don't think theres anyway it could be the mmos.... not all of them at least heh

• SweetdenniSweetdenni Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by mokoleus

my first thought, is you have a/or several viral infections... or a poor internet connection, thats dropping too many packets while downloading?? i can't imagine you picked every mmo that was currently having data issues. it has to be on your end, or your providers end, i don't think theres anyway it could be the mmos.... not all of them at least heh

I've been able to download games before...but I'm suspecting that my AVG internet security is messing my downloads up...

Every I got free trial AVG, downloading games hasn't gone very well...I had 2005 Norton before...and it didn't really give me any problems (however it was a trial mode too)...But is money tight and I can only use what I can afford...T.T

• dodsfalldodsfall Member UncommonPosts: 173

Try using a download manager such as "FlashGet". It may help.

Originally posted by dodsfall

Try using a download manager such as "FlashGet". It may help.

I downloaded a new downloader...the files from 2 of the games i downloaded are still corrupt

I think it's the games and not my computer...but I could be wrong...

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

I've never had a corrupt file in any MMO I've downloaded yet, the problem clearly lies on your end or these MMOs would all be out of business because nobody could play them.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by Cephus404

I've never had a corrupt file in any MMO I've downloaded yet.

same

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Corrupted files are usually the result of a poor connection between you and the file supplier. Especially if you use wireless networking somewhere along the way.  Go to www.dslreports.com do some reading and run some of their tests.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

You've got some kind of a problem on your end.

One thing you might try is doing a disk check. Go to 'My Computer' > right click on your hard disk icon > select 'Properties' > go to the tools tab and select 'Scan disk for errors' > and you'll probably want to check the 'repair errors' box. It will schedule a scan for the next time you boot up.

But like others have said, your problems could well stem from any number of different things.

(BTW- These instructions are for WinXP)

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

It's your computer, if you only had named 1 title, I would have said... ok it's the game but you've just named like 5 games. Which if you look at their forums, no one ever had corrupted files in the past 3 or 4 months.

Originally posted by Ponico

It's your computer, if you only had named 1 title, I would have said... ok it's the game but you've just named like 5 games. Which if you look at their forums, no one ever had corrupted files in the past 3 or 4 months.

Update: IT'S NOT MY COMPUTER'S FAULT! LOL!!! (I'm not trying to be snippy)

I downloaded AO the first from the website...it was corrupted...the second time for a mirror site...now it works...but it's kinda of laggy

I downloaded Earth Eternal fully with no problems...but I can never log in because the game won't load 80% of the way...and it's not freezing my computer up

I download Rohan fully...no problem...but now there's a error with one of the files it tried to patch...if a patch is messed up it's not the users fault...guess I'll have to wait til they come with a new patch

Dragonica is the worst....The website download was corrupted and no matter what I did to my computer that never changed (ie. cutting off my firewall)...BUT  I was able to download from the mirror sites : )...Guess what? The mirror sites ONLY have the beta version...HOWEVER there's an error with the first patch...And you have to upload the patches in order...

TCoS: I'm still trying to figure out this game out...I'll update this if I ever get it to download corruption free

And after all this leads me to believe that my computer is not THAT crappy because...

#1: Now that I'm able to download the games, there's always a problem with patching...

#2: I'm not the only one suffering from these problems...I've been to forum after forum and a lot people aren't able to play THESE games because of the same problems I listed

#3: Now you're probably going to say, "Why not download the patches from somewhere else?" The availablity of these patches aren't always easy to come by...You have to go to other sites in order to get them....Why not have them on the main site?...And manually installing them doesn't guarantee that they will work they you want them to...*cough*Dragonica*cough*

So did all I could...I'll just wait for the new patches to come out...And play AO, no matter how laggy it may be...

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097

Are you using Firefox, op?

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

Originally posted by Lansid

Are you using Firefox, op?

I use both IE and firefox...and the results usually come out the same

Well I tested my internet speed and these are the results:

So do you still think it might be my computer? If so, let me know what your solution might be...

If not, what do you think is the problem these games and the patches they've been putting out recently?

Update: I decided to go back to RoM and that game is having problems with the new patches as well...

I can login and play but there's an error with some of the option menus...so I can't adjust the graphics or sound...

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097

How about any antivirus software? I got errors when downloading f2p games with ESET. They'd all download, but the files would be corrupt.

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."