Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are you not playing wow?

Comments

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by iZakaroN

The only reason to play MMO is the massive aspect of it - in other words massive open world gameplay, both PvE and PvP. That is the main aspect that WoW lack of.

It will be better if you have play the game first before you comment. 

For me its because im bored. I dont like raid, so ive nothing to do when my 3rd toon hit 70. But i'll be back once Cata is release...

RIP Orc Choppa

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I stopped playing wow because:

1 - I was bored of doing same things every single day

2 - had leveled 5 70s and when I tried for the 6th got ti to 30 and that was were I gave up totally on wow

3 - like metalhead said with every new expansion they f*ckup the previous one.

Why should I get tier 3 when I can go level to 80 and blues are far more better? that's the mentality now. They should have never increased level cap and just added more dungeons with requirements to enter them something similar to:

To enter X dungeon you must beat v w and z from those 3 other dungeons then you get the key/whatever that grants you access to the newer ones. This way a player still needs to get the previous tiers to be able to beat those dungeons not go straight to the latest ones and who cares of the previous one.

Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by arctarus

Originally posted by iZakaroN

The only reason to play MMO is the massive aspect of it - in other words massive open world gameplay, both PvE and PvP. That is the main aspect that WoW lack of.

It will be better if you have play the game first before you comment. 

For me its because im bored. I dont like raid, so ive nothing to do when my 3rd toon hit 70. But i'll be back once Cata is release...

Actually the end Raids are ... lvl 80 (?!?!?) now and WotlK end game consists mainly of dungeons, raids and PvP play - in ALL formats - with the usual crafting as a benifit for the pocket and armour attunements.

So I don't know when you were playing exactly, but lvl 70 end game was ... 1 year ago.

Lolz, what im saying is ive reach level 70 with my 3rd toon, and bored to bring him to 80 and quit. Only my main is 80, 2nd toon also stay at 70, i dont know why i just dont like Northend...

RIP Orc Choppa

• Psycho2kPsycho2k Member Posts: 63

So WOW offers more than the (latest) competition, that's why everyone plays it.

I completely agree with you on this point, however I dont want a "jack-of-all-trades" game that does a bit of everything without ever excelling at any.

As for everyone playing it, I guess there is always going to be more sheep on this planet than say white tigers, sheep are easily pleased and generally follow the crowd, the tigers are very independant and dont like to do anything they dont really want to.

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

Yea yea yea... Let's bitch about WoW, shall we?! Honestly, who cares? Seriously.. All of you will bound to be back in the game, eventually. Everyone (People come and go) does. Period. So frankly, it really doesn't matter what you say about the game now (and later). Y O U will be back.

I'm one of those people who doesn't say "I will never be back" on any games so I don't look like an ass (well, only myself would realize that cuz you don't know me). Honesty is always the best policy AND I knew I'd be back on WoW every now and then.. and you know what? There's no harm in that, lol? How is it a big deal to vow yourself not to be back in any games (especially WoW) that people talk shit about? Seriously, grow up. It's just a game to play. Not some kind of enriched life you dreamed of having.. If you really want to bitch about something, then bitch about your life if it's not a good one, bitch about a career you've always wanted and never got it, bitch about a pet that died and vowed to never get another, bitch about the french fries that tastes like cardboard and vow to never go back to that place to eat.. Anything that's not panned out the way you want it to be. Why over games? Geesh. I'm so amazed on how the gaming community has turned into - A couple of years ago was so much fun whereas everyone was having a good time, posting rationally in the forums then all of a sudden children grew up too fast, attempting to act like adults, taking over the gaming world and all hell breaks loose. >.< 

It doesn't make you any cooler to announce to the public that you'll never play this game again. I really don't know how many times you guys have mentioned it. . . It's way too familiar and I'm pretty much sure that most of you have been back since then but not the kind of type that'd admit to the public that you gave in. Guys and their pride. /facepalm.

^ I stopped playing wow 1-2 years ago and never got tempted again on playing it again.

Originally posted by wh0astar

It doesn't make you any cooler to announce to the public that you'll never play this game again. I really don't know how many times you guys have mentioned it. . . It's way too familiar and I'm pretty much sure that most of you have been back since then but not the kind of type that'd admit to the public that you gave in. Guys and their pride. /facepalm.

Me did say me will be coming back for cata, me cool?

RIP Orc Choppa

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by bloodaxes I stopped playing wow because:
    2 - had leveled 5 70s and when I tried for the 6th got ti to 30 and that was were I gave up totally on wow
    Why should I get tier 3 when I can go level to 80 and blues are far more better? that's the mentality now. They should have never increased level cap and just added more dungeons with requirements to enter them something similar to:
    To enter X dungeon you must beat v w and z from those 3 other dungeons then you get the key/whatever that grants you access to the newer ones. This way a player still needs to get the previous tiers to be able to beat those dungeons not go straight to the latest ones and who cares of the previous one.

Attunements were not even IN WotlK. Who wants to be liniar above ??? That's old hat.
    So you didn't even play Wotlk. Not seen Lake WIntergrasp, not seen the message of "no more instances can be launched" due to the massively played dungeons in this expansion. You don't know what "heirdom gear" is either I suppose.
    To get gear for the next dungeon can be had in several different ways these days. You even have PvP gear badges in dungeons as an option.
    So you didn't even play WotlK.

And you did not even read his post properly. :/

BOOYAKA!

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Yea yea yea... Let's bitch about WoW, shall we?! Honestly, who cares? Seriously.. All of you will bound to be back in the game, eventually. Everyone (People come and go) does. Period. So frankly, it really doesn't matter what you say about the game now (and later). Y O U will be back.

I'm one of those people who doesn't say "I will never be back" on any games so I don't look like an ass (well, only myself would realize that cuz you don't know me). Honesty is always the best policy AND I knew I'd be back on WoW every now and then.. and you know what? There's no harm in that, lol? How is it a big deal to vow yourself not to be back in any games (especially WoW) that people talk shit about? Seriously, grow up. It's just a game to play. Not some kind of enriched life you dreamed of having.. If you really want to bitch about something, then bitch about your life if it's not a good one, bitch about a career you've always wanted and never got it, bitch about a pet that died and vowed to never get another, bitch about the french fries that tastes like cardboard and vow to never go back to that place to eat.. Anything that's not panned out the way you want it to be. Why over games? Geesh. I'm so amazed on how the gaming community has turned into - A couple of years ago was so much fun whereas everyone was having a good time, posting rationally in the forums then all of a sudden children grew up too fast, attempting to act like adults, taking over the gaming world and all hell breaks loose. >.< 

I stopped Leaving and rejoining WoW a very long time ago.

These are only video games. I'm not addicted to WoW like many others so when it stopped being fun I was done with it.

The OP asked why we left and if we would be back so we answered.

Anyway I'm playing Eve right now and as a true sci-fi space sim geek I can safely say I won't be back to WoW ever.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Originally posted by bloodaxes

I stopped playing wow because:

Attunements were not even IN WotlK. Who wants to be liniar above ??? That's old hat.

So you didn't even play Wotlk. Not seen Lake WIntergrasp, not seen the message of "no more instances can be launched" due to the massively played dungeons in this expansion. You don't know what "heirdom gear" is either I suppose.

To get gear for the next dungeon can be had in several different ways these days. You even have PvP gear badges in dungeons as an option.

So you didn't even play WotlK.

Why should I waste money on WotlK when i know for sure that what I said earlier is true?

• EmverEmver Member Posts: 27

I would rather play aion 

Originally posted by metalhead980

These are only video games. I'm not addicted to WoW like many others so when it stopped being fun I was done with it.

Anyway I'm playing Eve right now and as a true sci-fi space sim geek I can safely say I won't be back to WoW ever.

Never say never again. :))

Certainly coming from a guy who posts more than the usual 4 letter words comments on WOW.

You've read my issues with WoW. I have no place in Blizzard's future vision of World of warcraft.

Will they be adding a real raid progression into the next expansion? will they stop giving epics away through heroics so everyone could jump into a new raid on its release? 

Progression in Tbc was like this.

Level to 70> Run normal dungeons for Dungeon set> Kara attunement and Heroic farm> Kara/ZA > Grull/MAG> SSC/TK> Hyjal/BT > SW

That progression gave raiders a sense of accomplishment, gear wasn't everything.  If a progression system is added into the game similar to that then i may use a 10 day trial to check stuff out.

I doubt blizzard would return to that though.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

I left because I hit 80 with my shaman, I have some other 70+ alts, but I didnt feel like going through the gear grind at 80 again.  I got most of the rep and heroic (non badge) gear for enhancement and healing.  I couldnt find a low key raiding guild that was still doing mostly Naxx around a time I could reliably be on.  I didnt want anything hardcore, i dont have time for that anymore and when I did try one once, it wasnt a pleasant experience.  Im thinking about coming back, since my gf and her friend are starting a raiding guild, but thats on another server, and id have to leave my 4+ alts, most of whom are 70+.

But Dragon age is out tomorrow, I FINALLY finished mass effect yesterday, it is kinda nice having some free time to play other games.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Funny, when I saw this thead I kind of knew who would answer and with what manner. There is a solution to having the discussion stay on track and this is not accomplished by answering those that derail the thread topic.

It's like reading the Darkfall section of these forums ...

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

You know what's funny? After 2 1/2 years of playing WoW, I never once did Nax or any of those raiding instances! Still haven't completed all of the achievements and I think I got maybe one piece of epic gear. Hmm. I take breaks every now and then.. because I didn't want to get burnt out with the game. Everyone else has rushed through content so quickly.. Why? Do tell.. I'm curious? I haven't done any of those things.. even after 2 years (once again, I had to mention that to press the amazement) :P I got 2 level 80's just in case you're wondering.. and I really have issues with trust and socialization like I do in real life because I guess I take everything seriously as maybe I'm one of the rare few that never faced any problems in the game like you did. You know, drama and whatnot. I thought ahead before I do something. I speak my opinion, of course.. outside the box if necessary like in chat channels for example. I've seen a lot of people like you whine about how WoW has no endgame, and you're finished with everything the game has to offer.. and how some of you bragged how quickly you leveled up in a matter of days. Tell me, how is that a big deal? I ask myself which is more important, "Take your sweet time and enjoy the game OR rush through everything because it's a trend?" :) 

So the question for those who has rushed through the content: You regret it?

• phlayphlay Member Posts: 7

Gear that scales with me, more so then heirloom gear. I'm talking about my Quel'Serrar I worked for back in Ony I.

I put in my time getting the gear i needed to be effective for my classes role, why can't I just continue forward and experience the world they are laying out before me.

I mean, come on. A sword is a sword, my level, my skills, my talents, my enchants, my gemming, my buffs should all make me better but why did the sword I used when fighting Ony I not work well when fighting Ony II. lol.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm not looking for a skill based game ( no levels, etc ) I'm just asking why a sword obtained earlier in my adventuring career would become so worthless so quickly just because another landmass, dungeon or Boss became available.

The same goes for all armor also, the gear resets are silly. I know you need to keep the masses interested but why do the material things need to become obsolete so fast.

What would make me stay/resub. If I could earn an Heirloom enchant, gem or buff of sorts that allowed ME to pick the items I wanted to progress forward with.

There was a rich story behind Quel and from a R/L perspective, it took 39 other people to help me get it and I remember each and every one of them. That blade had a story in game and out of game for me and I was proud to wield it on behalf of my guild. To leave it sitting in my bank, not being able to carry it forward with me as I advanced took the first small bits of my soul....

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Ive been a huge Warcraft/Blizzard fan since playing WC2 as a kid and loved all their games since then... Untill WoW which was a huge dissapointment for me and I didnt last longer than lvl 40. Instead of making me feel apart of the WC world/lore it just felt like endless carrot chasing and I coult not fins any enjoyment in it. Then I found LotrO and it was just what I wanted from this type of game .

Since I love Warcraft I have tried many time to go back to WoW and start new, but the early levels of WoW is so extremly boring I find it hard to understand how people can roll alts in the game. I would love to try out the Wotlk content but I will never waste so much time to get there.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

Honestly - it's a fairly fun game but, what it's missing for me is - skill content for solo and 5 man.

Some challenging solo content for skill gamers who don't just want to be spoonfed epic items and stuff.

Blizzard has made plenty of adjustments to suit the casual 8 year old now if they could add some content that is optional - yields epics and can only be completed solo, I think that would be neat.

Fun yes, challenging - not even a teeny tiny bit...

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by phlay

Gear that scales with me, more so then heirloom gear. I'm talking about my Quel'Serrar I worked for back in Ony I.

I put in my time getting the gear i needed to be effective for my classes role, why can't I just continue forward and experience the world they are laying out before me.

I mean, come on. A sword is a sword, my level, my skills, my talents, my enchants, my gemming, my buffs should all make me better but why did the sword I used when fighting Ony I not work well when fighting Ony II. lol.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm not looking for a skill based game ( no levels, etc ) I'm just asking why a sword obtained earlier in my adventuring career would become so worthless so quickly just because another landmass, dungeon or Boss became available.

The same goes for all armor also, the gear resets are silly. I know you need to keep the masses interested but why do the material things need to become obsolete so fast.

What would make me stay/resub. If I could earn an Heirloom enchant, gem or buff of sorts that allowed ME to pick the items I wanted to progress forward with.

There was a rich story behind Quel and from a R/L perspective, it took 39 other people to help me get it and I remember each and every one of them. That blade had a story in game and out of game for me and I was proud to wield it on behalf of my guild. To leave it sitting in my bank, not being able to carry it forward with me as I advanced took the first small bits of my soul....

This....^^^^^^^^^^.

Now, WoW was not even close to my first MMO. UO was my first, and it was prefaced by other genres of games, and followed by other MMOs and other genres of games. However.....WoW WAS my partner's first MMO, and what you stated above, while not being a word for word recounting of how she now feels about WoW....it's still pretty gosh dern CLOSE.

Our entire family has played WoW for the past 5 years. It saddens me that we're now really looking for some other form of game recreation we can play together. I mean....right now, we're spending a lot of time on Pogo.com. And THAT....just isn't really very fulfilling to MMORPG players, trust me there. Sure...it's kind of mindless escapism...like sitting and doing a Rubik's Cube puzzle together, I guess, but hey....NOT really what we're all wanting in the long term. lol

When you spend a lot of time and effort "obtaining" something that feels special to you, it's very disheartening to have it devalued to the point of being utterly useless. I think this is a big issue Blizzard needs to look at, because I've seen it recounted many times over by players as a point of contention.

I think adding some items that are very special like this that DO scale with your growth (better than the present "heirloom" gear and weapons, because we all know that stuff is really only to boost leveling speed more on alts, it's replaced by much better gear pretty rapidly at high levels...lol)....adding a scalability factor to items that are particularly challenging to get, would go a long way, imo, to retaining some people that leave out of sheer depression at losing everything they've spent so much time striving for earlier.

I see a lot of the people that still play WoW every day being upset by this thread, but I have to say this.....

I am as FAR from a troll as can be, where WoW is concerned. I even come to it's "defense" VERY VERY often here on MMORPG, and if you look at my many posts, that's easy to see. HOWEVER....the TITLE of this thread was "Why are you not playing WoW?" and it was followed by the QUESTION, "and what would it take to make you come back?"  There have been some hater-ish comments in this thread, BUT....there have also been some very well thought out responses by people, like myself, who do NOT hate WoW, but have simply felt it go STALE for them personally.  So we thought about it....and answered the question. 

How can you argue with the things those people have said?

I don't even disagree that WoW is one of the best games on the market at the moment. I would also have to say EQ2 and LotRO are in that top three, for ME, at least, because of certain things those other two games just DO RIGHT, for MY style of gameplay. But just because "everyone" plays something, doesn't mean that it's the perfect fit for "everyone" ELSE....lol.  WoW was a great fit for me and my family....for FIVE LONG YEARS. I don't feel guilty for leaving it. I don't make rash statements like "I'll never be back" either, because....I KNOW BLIZZARD. I have played EVERY single game that Blizzard has made.  They are, without argument, GODS of gaming. I know that I will always have an eye on what they do, what they make, and anything they do in the future, including Cataclysm and the new IP that they're working on.  

Oh yes....I will be back with Blizzard, eventually.  If not for WoW....for something else they do. Because my past experience with them, has proven that they make games that have great value for me, for years at a time.

All of that having been said....still doesn't mean I'll be playing WoW again any time before Cataclysm, nor insure more than a few months of my time AFTER Cataclysm with the Warcraft franchise.  I'm just ready for something......else.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Most of your named reasons are exactly why I quit and won't go back this game is strictly about race to level eighty and raid.  The community to me isn't as bad as they get a rep for it's like the difference between living in a rural town and a big city, of course there are going to be a lot more jerks around and you won't know them all that well but everyone isn't all bad.  If they would in some way shape or form act as if roleplaying was of any real importance I might try to go back to WOW but even then it's still very doubtful.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

Certainly coming from a guy who posts more than the usual 4 letter words comments on WOW.

You've read my issues with WoW. I have no place in Blizzard's future vision of World of warcraft.

Will they be adding a real raid progression into the next expansion? will they stop giving epics away through heroics so everyone could jump into a new raid on its release? 

Level to 70> Run normal dungeons for Dungeon set> Kara attunement and Heroic farm> Kara/ZA > Grull/MAG> SSC/TK> Hyjal/BT > SW

That progression gave raiders a sense of accomplishment, gear wasn't everything.  If a progression system is added into the game similar to that then i may use a 10 day trial to check stuff out.

so basically you're wanting blizzard to go back to a time that appeals to about 6% of it's entire gaming population - a time where only people who can sit on their butt in front of a screen for 8 hours daily can walk around in epic gear?

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Because its stale and smells funny LOL

I had fun playing WoW but I grew bored of the boring quests and bland graphics. Not too mention that WoW has no challenge whatsoever...Its kinda sad really.

I've grown to love pvp and WoWs pvp is horrible imo.  I got sick of doing BGs in the second week and world pvp plain sucks unfortionately. I'm now playing Aion and having the most fun I've had since starting MMOs. My WoW days are over.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

I think these guys show what WotLK is all about these days ....(forget the gear).

http://www.wow.com/2009/11/01/ensidia-snags-world-first-tribute-to-immortality/

Perhaps WOW has become too much of a video game to you in which the competition is expressed in getting achievements and competitve titles instead of getting "gear".

The system you described is not bringing in enough people to warrant a group play 24/7. Be it in PVE or PVP.

The problem is that MMO play will even further grow away from what you describe.

Oh it's romantic in its basic thoughts, but it can' t be realised in a succesful way anymore.

You can always sit at the side lines of course and think HOW the internet was so much more adventurous when you heard the audio modem beeped its way throughout the room and your gaming mate was holding on to his 37.5 KBit line to send you the next move on your paper fantasy or wargame.

But hey: it's your choice of course. And Blizzard went for 24/7 PVE / PVP choices anywhere YOU want it.

Inviting the players to the game instead of pushing out mechanics that seperated the "men" from  the "boys" as someone said it in an Aion thread.

You are not playing WOW because you don't follow the new directions of on line play.

Your choice, but lets be honest: who is having  fun 24/7 ?

I find it funny that you think only people playing WoW are having fun 24/7.

As for not following the new directions of online play, I'm sorry but WOW is an old game if anything you should look at Consoles for the new direction.

The amount people that are having fun with that type of online play make the people supporting wow look insignificant.

Try not to sound as if WoW is the center of the universe please.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

The main reason I do not play wow anymore is the huge focus on gear in all phases of the game it has become.  It's really that simple for me.

• skarwolfskarwolf Member CommonPosts: 245

I beta tested WOW, got to 60th before any battlegrounds were available.  Nobody was really pushing end game yet as people were still running UBRS, Strat, & Scholo with 40 man raids... yes... 40 man raids in those now 5 man dungeons lol.  My guild could complete them super fast with that many people and we'd redo them all frikkin weekend repeatedly... to get everyone that first set of blue gear.  Pvp did occur usually around Tarren Mill, people pvp'd just to pvp there was no benefits.  

I first quit WOW after the BG's & honor system went live.  In part the population imbalance became very apparent as every horde outpost was being attacked by 50-100 alliance wanting their phat honorz.  Also redoing the same dungeons all the time got extremely boring for me.  The gulid was also attempting MC which at the time I hated because learning the new content meant wipe after wipe after wipe.  

I've quit and returned around 3 x now.  I don't have any expansions.  Creating a death knight interested me slightly.  Main problem is that my wife HATES the game.  

To give you an idea I saw this comedian who had a great routine.  He said theres something about woman.  When they see a man sitting there not doing anything and minding their own business it really bugs them.  They start to think things, whats he doing there, he's not doing anything, why isn't he doing something, he's up to something I know it, you know what I'm going to ask him to do something for me.  

Thats how it is with the wife.  She couldn't understand me playing the game and enjoying myself.  Questioning who i'm typing to all the time, why can't I just turn it off (in the middle of a dungeon) when she asks me to do some random bullshit.  So I stopped playing.  I miss the game, and would like to try it again someday but that probably won't happen.

The other complaint is that the game takes too long to do anything.  Yeah they've made it easier but you can't just log in and start doing something within half an hour.  Its not the same when you work full time, have kids, and a wife to manage like when I used to be in school and could play ridiculous amounts of time.