Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are you not playing wow?

Comments

• caalemcaalem Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by caalem

You can't accept that the game you like is boring, you're being a butthurt fanboy.

Well, you didn't read my post at all.

First read then react.

Not interested in reading paragraphs about how awesome you think WoW is, I can find plenty of them in other places.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Reason for leaving is the lack of a challenge this game has made over the last 2 expansions.

Only thing that would bring me back is a Classic 1.12 server. Now most people playing WoW now have never played in those days so they wouldn't understand what I'm getting at. PvP use to be great the raiding use to be great and I don't want to hear about that you can turn exp off because the fact is gear has changed the talent trees have changed so what would be the point of turning exp off except for twinks.

So I already know Blizzard wont do this so I will never be back on WoW hell I deleted all my characters before I logged out for the last time a few months back. This game is just boring now and not worth an hour of my time anymore.

Originally posted by caalem

Not interested in reading paragraphs about how awesome you think WoW is, I can find plenty of them in other places.

The post wasn't even about WOW.

It was about guys like you who had to look into the mirror.

If you don't want to READ ... why would you react?

To piss and agitate. That's clear.

Still on your WoW Forum Mission for a title I see.

• AnimusChaserAnimusChaser Member Posts: 91

Hello all happy forum goers, (and some not so happy ones)

This thread was not made to discuss what is good about the game in question from personal views. The thread states why is a player not playing the game as per their reasons.

Please keep the thread on the topic stated in the heading and stop the fanboy / fangirl arguments & Retaliations to people personal views.

Cheers

Animuschaser

Oh Noes Its The Forum Police

Removed By Poster To Not Cause Any Problems.

• caalemcaalem Member UncommonPosts: 289

Originally posted by Lexin

Reason for leaving is the lack of a challenge this game has made over the last 2 expansions.
    Only thing that would bring me back is a Classic 1.12 server. Now most people playing WoW now have never played in those days so they wouldn't understand what I'm getting at. PvP use to be great the raiding use to be great and I don't want to hear about that you can turn exp off because the fact is gear has changed the talent trees have changed so what would be the point of turning exp off except for twinks.
    So I already know Blizzard wont do this so I will never be back on WoW hell I deleted all my characters before I logged out for the last time a few months back. This game is just boring now and not worth an hour of my time anymore.

So you became a Furious Gladiator :)))

And of course you downed Algalon.

Of course not, you dabbed a bit and didn't even down the hardest bosses.

PvP challenge: give me another game with a  rated ladder based competition of 200.000 players (ty cross servers). You can't . There isn't any.

Challenge my ass. You couldn't even obtain a serious PvP title .

I know this may surprise you, but, WoW PvP isn't hard.

At all.

• Psycho2kPsycho2k Member Posts: 63

I suspect the main reason Zorndorf has not yet become bored of WoW is that he doesnt actually play it, he seems to spend an awful lot of time on here just talking about it, unless there is a new secret MMORPG forum rep in game and hes grinding for exhalted!

• DanubusDanubus Member Posts: 169

My account is active till Jan and I just don't even feel like logging in. Some people have alt issues, but I don't like leveling a lot of toons. I like playing my main and raiding. My old guild blew up and I quit playing for a bit and came back. Everyone was gone from the game or in very hardcore guilds now.  I  never did Uludar so missed out on guild upgrades and trying to pug those places just bugs me to death. I am use to playing a certain way and going in with mostly rejects isn't fun for me. If I am going to do a raid I am going to do it with people who can get things done in a short amount of time and done right.

Anymore if I log in it's to just pvp or maybe play with my girlfriend, but even she doesn't play much now. We are waiting on Star Wars: ToR.

• pojungpojung Member Posts: 810
    Originally posted by AnimusChaser

This thread was not made to discuss what is good about the game in question from personal views. The thread states why is a player not playing the game as per their reasons.

Please keep the thread on the topic stated in the heading and stop the fanboy / fangirl arguments & Retaliations to people personal views.

Cheers

Animuschaser

I am *so* sorry sir. We decided to feed the troll, despite otherwise wise reason. We will clean this mess right up. Many apologies indeed.

Guys (and gals), no more troll feeding.

That is exactly right, and we're not saying NO to save WoW, because it is already a lost cause. We are saying NO to dissuade the next group of greedy suits who decide to emulate Blizzard and Cryptic, etc.
    We can prevent some of the future games from spewing this crap, but the sooner we start saying no, the better the results will be.
    So - Stand up, pull up your pants, and walk away.
    - MMO_Doubter

• AnimusChaserAnimusChaser Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by pojung
    Originally posted by AnimusChaser Hello all happy forum goers, (and some not so happy ones)This thread was not made to discuss what is good about the game in question from personal views. The thread states why is a player not playing the game as per their reasons.Please keep the thread on the topic stated in the heading and stop the fanboy / fangirl arguments & Retaliations to people personal views.CheersAnimuschaser

I am *so* sorry sir. We decided to feed the troll, despite otherwise wise reason. We will clean this mess right up. Many apologies indeed.

Thank you.

Oh Noes Its The Forum Police

• Leonatos65Leonatos65 Member Posts: 166

I thoroughly loved and enjoyed WoW for quite some time. Being a huge fan of the RTS games, I loved being a part of the WoW world and interact with it.

I stopped playing because it became a chore to do dailies, raids, and the focus on "I'm a better person than you b/c my gear/rating says so" atttitude became infectious and contagious. I also had issues with Blizzard's excuses and reasons for class changes.

I'm not playing WoW because while the gameplay is above average, the maturity and social networking within game has plummeted since launch...drastically...and I don't like the direction the game has took (Burning Crusade? Seriously?).

Cheers
    Animuschaser

Thank you.

I'm sorry also I wasn't trying to feed anyone but I had a problem with the same guy in another thread and he is really annoying.

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

btw, I'm actually having a good time again. I left partly cause I was bored of the game and also I wanted to sell the account so I could pick up a PS3 for Demon's Souls.

I'm leveling a pally now without much of any help. (Friend gave me 16 slot bags, and help me complete the Deadmines quests (not any leading up to it just the ones inside the instance.))

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Originally posted by Scalebane

so zorn why does it bother you if people get bored of a game? its natural really, so please tell me why it bothers you so much?
    don't dance around the question either, i see you attacking people more then they are attacking the game.

Very good question and a very simple answer.

YOUR personal boredom with a game you simply played too long .... is meaningless for the discussions on mmorpg.com and game design.

Game wise and design wise your personal "bored" opinions are worthless when looking at the state of WOW 2009.

Why? Because the game rating could NEVER be based on your personal boredom by playing it simply too long.

Those personal bordeom opinions don't serve  ANYTHING except to shit on an excellent Blizzard game you once loved ... and to "out" your personal frustrations on a specific gaming  forum that has NOTHING to do with the initial playing value of Blizzard's game.

------

The IMO part is meaningless and a huge waste of time when discussing games around MMO themes.... WHEN it is based on the fact you played the game too long.

That's what I always said in my posts: take a mirror and look at the image.

These posts you make as ex WOW players tell you more about you than what you say about WOW.

OF COURSE WOW 2009 is now far and far better than Vanilla WOW. Hundreds of little changes to the game mechanics were introduced you don't even remember.

Some were crucual to its succes. Others were trivial and became even unnoticed after all these years (flight paths anyone).

A few examples? Do you REALLY think people would hold on to HOURS of waiting before a BG would spawn? Do you REALLY think WOW would still be played if they didn't ADD the newer content and just let it rot in its 60's eind game?

DO you REALLY think that an awardless and mindless bashing of so called "open world PvP" on the crossroads would have hold the game this long as the number ONE game in succes (revenus) in the history of video gaming?

DO you really think he cross server dungeons in patch 3.3 are NIOT a great addtition to make WOW for that extra dungeon crawler from level 15 to 85?

Of course not.

--------------

All I see is  .... a spoiled childish QQ over a game most you of can't take distance off.

I see every other day the same drooling over this game in a reverse sense.

Drooling for a lost joy you once had. BTW It's an illusion you all can make a better game than Blizzard.

It is even far MORE an illusion you will find a better game after having played WOW for years on end.

Why? Money and talent  is the answer.

And if you don't agree... there's always the 101 duds out there that proves me right with every new launch.

----------

Hyped or not, I only see unresponsive badly animated "semi" worlds you never seem to come in with your avatar.

You can always fool yourselves of course, but hey like I said : look in the mirror and see the reality.

You can't blame WOW nor Blizzard for anything: it's a game and a damned good one. Your bored "IMO" doesn't serve anything and certainly not Blizzard , nor the active players who like this game EVEN after playing it for 4+ years.

You ALL know the duds... Long term Boredom is a compliment to WOW really.

Every other PC game is dumped quicker than you can spell out the word subscription.

Funny enough your long winded post shows how out of touch you are, i don't hate on wow, i may mention something i do not like but hate it nope, i actually enjoyed the game and i love all that they are adding, i think its great.  i personally have been a blizzard fan since forever, i have all their games, i think they are one of the best producers out there, guess what i got bored with their games over time, because it is normal to get bored with doing something for so long.

as for what matters or not, these are discussion forums for all types of topics, its seems you can't handle dicussion, you would rather attack then understand, sad really.

By the way claiming something is a dud is in the eye of the beholder, there are plenty of people happy in the games they are playing, it seems you are the child and can't handle the fact that people can be happy not playing WoW, you're QQing more then anyone else. Any other hate you wish to spit towards other posters?

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

Cheers
    Animuschaser

Thank you.

well i'll say sorry also, but the forum posters here are getting a bit tired with zorn's constant personal attacks. i was curious as to why he felt the need to do so, he's shown his true character.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

Originally posted by TwiggLe

btw, I'm actually having a good time again. I left partly cause I was bored of the game and also I wanted to sell the account so I could pick up a PS3 for Demon's Souls.
    I'm leveling a pally now without much of any help. (Friend gave me 16 slot bags, and help me complete the Deadmines quests (not any leading up to it just the ones inside the instance.))

i actually love leveling new alts, just don't feel like it right now lol

hell does any other game give you that many character slots total? i mean you can make like 50 toons, i believe pvp servers allow 6 and pve 10 so you can make a ton of toons heh.

one of my favorite things to do, since i don't have time to raid anymore, is hunt down rares..man i love that lol.  Dunno why just do.

- Lewis Thomas

Cheers
    Animuschaser

Thank you.

well i'll say sorry also, but the forum posters here are getting a bit tired with zorn's constant personal attacks. i was curious as to why he felt the need to do so, he's shown his true character.

I don't see any personal attacks on you.

I only see you asked me a question and I told you why we see the usual  obvious agressive answers against Blizzard and WOW

Btw, the OP is already off:

IF you don''t play WOW, why post and ask it in a WOW forum...

Odd.

Seriously stop trolling leave this topic since it's obvious you don't like people who are not playing WoW and are posting reasons why they don't in a civilized manor.

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

Cheers
    Animuschaser

Thank you.

I don't see any personal attacks on you.

I only see you asked me a question and I told you why we see the usual  obvious agressive answers against Blizzard and WOW

Btw, the OP is already off:

IF you don''t play WOW, why post and ask it in a WOW forum...

Odd.

Why? Because I played the game since release up until about a month ago. Thats a LONG time to play any game. I come from a deep MMO lineage, dating back to pre UO, back when all there was were text based muds. When WoW released I was playing Final Fantasy (great game by the way, just too hardcore for someone with kids). I didn't want to leave FFXI, but a friend of mine kept telling me how WoW was gonna have this great PVP, and such. Of course, I took the bait and tried it and got hooked. I'm not sure if it was because it was a good game, or because it was just new. I'd already been playing FFXI for about 3 years, and then EQ before that. WoW was quite a bit different than those games. Everything felt faster, and more colorful. Now, I can say that I don't care for the graphics that much.. but at the time it was "different" and "new". 

The reason I posted, was because it was "WoW" related. Pretty sure this is the "WoW" forum right? I was sitting here today thinking about why I quit, and wanted to know if my reasons were similar to others. I see now that, most everyone has the same view of the game who has left it. The general concensus is that Vanilla WoW was more the game we liked, as it held more true to the MMO's of old. Later, Blizzard began to change things.. some for the better.. some for the worse. Arena is one of the things I despised most that they added. Turning an MMO into an esport. I didn't like how WoW was becoming an entity, rather than just a game. Its all anyone ever talked about, to the point I got sick of hearing it. I enjoyed my first run to 60, and then to 80. Some of the raids were pretty fun, none of them were hard even in Vanilla WoW.. none of the encounters in WoW have ever even been close to the difficulty of the FFXI/EQ raid content. The main two reasons I started on WoW was for the PVP and because it was supposed to be something more casual.

Eventually the more popular the game got, the more blizzard did to keep people playing. I never understood the whole "lets make everything obsolete" concept they use when they release new content. In FFXI if you started today, almost all the content before 75 is STILL just as viable today, as it was 4 years ago. If you start WoW today, you won't find a group for any instances below 80 that aren't being led by a high level rushing you through it. If you do find a group, you'll wind up getting annoyed before you get started good, because you groupmates will be 12 year old Halo Champions who have no idea how to play.

I rushed from level 45, to 60.. when I heard the news of BC. I wanted to raid before it came out. Unfortunately, I only ran MC and ZG a few times before BC.. Like everyone else I rushed through BC content trying to get to 70 so I could again raid. before I got to 70 I decided to take a small break. Sadly, just this small break put me behind enough to never catch up. By the time I got to 70, half my guild was already geared out and moving to the other raids. Finally I hit 70 and start raiding, only to find that it requires 3-4 of my nights in order to get anywhere. No thanks.. 

I quit a few weeks after that and plaued a few other  games. Enjoyed some of them, but they were still lacking. When Age of Conan came out, we all jumped ship. and loved it to level 20.. I really wish it had been good all the way through. After that I went back to WoW and quit about 4 more times. Each time rushing to try to catch up, only to get bored and then have everything that I was trying to get to become obsolete again. 

WoW was a good game. Now is just a good marketing strategy. There's a good polished game underneath all the hype and publicity. But Blizzard keeps covering it up with easy mode stuff, and just rehashing the same ol stuff most of us veteran players are tired of. 

If I have to do another daily quest I'll gouge my eyes out with a fire poker. 

What was once supposed to be a casual game, turned into something that ate nearly all my free time.. in order to keep up. I want to play a game where there are all sorts of levels of "interaction" and fun within the game. FFXI was the last game I played that had this kind of feeling. levels 1-75 all offered something different to experience. WoW only has 2 levels.. 1 and 80... everything in between that is just a means to an end. Heck, I'm surprised Blizzard hasnt implemented the "instant 80" service. You can pretty much do anything else you want to by paying 25.00.. why not that? 

Also, to further this..

I'd come back to WoW.. if...

- they give World PVP meaning again. Less emphasis on Battlegrounds and Arena.. as matter of fact.. get rid of arena all together. Some of the funnest PVP I had was in WoW.. they destroyed it with Battlegrounds.

- Put a new spin on the PVE content. Raiding dungeons are cool and all.. but after you've done it for 4 years.. it gets old. I need something "new" not something old, with a new skin. 

- New classes, not hero classes. 

- Updated more realistic graphics (always hated the cartoony graphics)

- age filtered servers (The community is a cesspool.. and communities are the single most make or break thing for me in an MMO.. bad community kills the whole experience for me.)

- More customization, and better crafting (the crafting in WoW is so pointless its not even funny... )

- Everything needs to be harder. Travel, mobs, bosses, dungeons, pvp.. it all needs to be more difficult. I can sneeze and win.

- More "immersive" content. Housing, guild halls, etc. I don't need 12 more flying mounts, that are restricted as to where I can fly them.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• EmlochEmloch Member Posts: 51

I played the free trial and discovered how lame I thought it was. Very limited character creation. Cartoony artstyle. No immersiveness. Very cookie cutter, bland, "straight and narrow" MMO. Those are my personal opinions and my reasons for not playing the lamest MMO I've ever had the displeasure of playing.

Trolls beware. I have my +12 trollbane hackmaster bastard sword ready. :)

Originally posted by Lexin

Seriously stop trolling leave this topic since it's obvious you don't like people who are not playing WoW and are posting reasons why they don't in a civilized manor.

Could you re -read please what you just ... typed.

I'll help you out on this one: .... We are in a WOW forum and ... you talk about

" ... people who are not playing WOW and are posting reasons why they don't in a "civilized" (sic) manor.... "

I am sorry but ....

why don't you post the same kind of posts in War, AoC, Aion, EVE forums ????

And see which reations you'll get there with those "civilized" manners.

Because I never played AoC, or Aion and have yet to play either of the others long enough to give my full 2 cents on them. I played WoW long enough to give my thoughts on it so I think I have every right to post on why I stopped playing and what would make me come back to playing not oh you should try this or that in WoW. Are you seriously this retarded to stop and think maybe just maybe we have tried everything and don't enjoy the game like well I was going to say you but the fact is your on the forums too much to be playing the game.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by JoeJustJoe

Zorndorf, what part of the game are you in? What characters do you have?

The true reason I quit is because:

Level 80 Human Rogue
    Level 80 Mage
    Level 80 Shaman
    Level 80 UD Rogue
    Level 74 UD Rogue
    Level 72 Warrior
    Level 65 Priest
    Level 77 Warlock
    Level 80 Death Knight
    Level 80 Druid
    Level 60 Hunter

Progression:

Naxx 10-25 full clear
    Ulduar 10-25 full clear
    That one raid with a bunch of dragons and a huge dragon in the middle (10-15 full clear)
    PVP rank 12 pre Cross Realm BG's.
    375 in all professions amongst my characters.
    Heroic All Dungeons full clear
    Normal Dungeons Full Clear (Including 1-60 dungeons)

The game is just boring, I've played it into the ground and then rolled around in it's remains, then ate those remains and digested them for another year.

PVP isn't even fun anymore and is based more on who has the better gear rather than who plays the class better. PVE is stale and repetitive [Stand here when x happens, or just keep pressing same rotation of buttons until it dies].

The game is WONDERFUL The first time through.  The second time through it's still fun.  But I've been playing since 5 months after it was released (Vanilla WoW). And it's really just BORING now.

YES....all of this. ^^^^^

You sound just like me. I've been playing WoW since release and I too, have "played it into the ground."  I could NOT have stated that better.

I do NOT hate WoW...far from it.  I've loved the game...to death. I played several other games alongside it, as well, such as EQ2 and EVE, and yet I still didn't leave WoW, not really. I think I took a break once for 2 months. Beyond that, it has been good....for five whole years, for me.  That's a LONG DAMN TIME to do ANYTHING, really. Hell there are a lot of MARRIAGES that don't last that long.

So while I don't hate WoW....and will often even DEFEND it's "virtues," for those who still enjoy it....it came time recently for me, and WoW, to part ways.

I have no ill will toward Blizzard, or anyone who enjoys the game. I look forward to seeing what Blizzard will do in the FUTURE. But for me....I'm just weary of WoW. There's nothing wrong with moving on when it's time to move on.  Doesn't mean I'll never look back....I might....time will tell.  I might return for Cataclysm.  And if I do....I will likely play my warlock and druid through it, but....I won't be dragging ALL of my high level toons through content anymore.  After you take a few max level characters through new content...when you have characters of EVERY class...it's gets OLD.

Thanks for this post. You said it far better than I did in my previous post. :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• Predator160Predator160 Member Posts: 128

I played on Chogall i had two 80's.

The first reason I quit because the community was HORRIBLE. Worst I've EVER experienced. It felt like middle school all over again. People would leave an instance group b/c of one death. And when asked why i usually got a response like "L2play noob" or "you guys suck". No one had any patience. 0. None Nada.

The second reason I left was because I HAD to raid in order to be good in arena pvp...all the good PVP'ers were decked out in top of the line raid gear...gear that a soloer like me couldn't obtain unless I tolerated long hour dungeon raids with whiney teenage impatient brats. I didn't figure this out until I got all the best honor gear and went in the arena and got my ass handed to me several times. And it's not that I suck at pvp..I when I played BC arena on my priest I did very well in mainly pvp gear and a few raiding peices. WOTLK ruined pvp for non raiders.

Thirdly ...i got my account hacked and I didn't get my stuff back for 3 weeks...that was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

EDIT: I wouldn't go back even if WOW was the ONLY MMO on the market...that's not to say I hate it...i just wouldn't go back...its like going out with an ex girlfriend you broke up with. 

• KorhindiKorhindi Member CommonPosts: 395

so zorn why does it bother you if people get bored of a game? its natural really, so please tell me why it bothers you so much?
    don't dance around the question either, i see you attacking people more then they are attacking the game.

Very good question and a very simple answer.

YOUR personal boredom with a game you simply played too long .... is meaningless for the discussions on mmorpg.com and game design.

Game wise and design wise your personal "bored" opinions are worthless when looking at the state of WOW 2009.

Actually, one's boredom of a game is core to game design, for if a game fails to hold a player's interest, then they lose that player's subs.

If you have enough of the playerbase bored of the content, then it really can impact everything from server pops, to content addition choices by the development team to even causing the game to shut down due to lack of revinue/interest.

WoW has had an impressive run.   But even Blizzard is concerned with finding new ways in keeping players' interest stoked, which is why Cataclysm is so chock full of new content and why they are revamping Azeroth-- because they know players are getting bored with it.

Every developer out there is trying to find that magic formula to keep players from getting bored and from moving on.  So far, WoW has done it the best, but even the classics fade because the allure they once had fades over time.

Games die (some faster than others) one bored or frustrated player at a time.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

The only reason to play MMO is the massive aspect of it - in other words massive open world gameplay, both PvE and PvP. That is the main aspect that WoW lack of.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

---A last remark metalhead ---- and question too...(to be back on topic)....
    Don't you think that Blizzard doesn't have ALL that data. They know exactly who plays what, when and how ...
    So they know who don't play, they know who post X on forums ... but play Y ... in game. They know the bragging.
    They know what people like and don't like to play ...on their servers.
    Don't you think so ?

Obviously blizzard knows their game and who plays it. the OP asked why I gave up on WoW and what it would take for me to be back.

Blizzards smart, they know how to streamline WoW so it's appealing to more players but at the same time those changes messed my personal experience up as a WoW player.

While It's great that more people play that doesn't change the fact that the game I enjoyed was basically changed for the worst for my particular game play style.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum