Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retail box question.

marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

So, currently I'm on a trial account for Eve and I'm loving it thus far (more so the info on next expansion, but thats aside the point).  And Ive been looking around for a boxed copy since I prefer physical boxes to digital download, due to collection reasons.  Currently though, I have not the money to spare to pay the 40 for the special edition, so I'm wondering if I upgrade my account, paying the $15 on Steam, am I able to buy the box later and add it to my account and still get the 2 extra months of playtime?

Thanks!

Comments

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Yes you can... won't be able to get some of the special stuff added to your account but yeah your good for the time part.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Hm, ok thank you very much :)

• korrikenkorriken Member Posts: 40

Don't get a boxed set with a cd key, once the account has been made into a full account it can't be used to add game time. use time cards instead.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by korriken

Don't get a boxed set with a cd key, once the account has been made into a full account it can't be used to add game time. use time cards instead.

The GTC that comes in the boxed set can be used for either creating a new account, adding game time to a current account, or coversion into 2 PLEX. I bought 9 box sets for this purpose.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by korriken

Uh next time try talking about something you know. The EVE box set does not include a cd-key. only a "Special" 60 day time card. You can either add it to an additional account or use it to create a new account. If you do the latter the system knows the code and provides you with the Interbus shuttle. Otherwise it works exactly as a 60 day ETC. Can be turned into a plex or can be used to add to an existing account. CCP spedcifically designed it that way.

• korrikenkorriken Member Posts: 40

i must have bought a really old boxed set then, mine had a cd and cd key in it.