Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are you not playing wow?

Comments

• JoeJustJoeJoeJustJoe Member Posts: 24

It got boring when resilience was added, people stacked it and my ability to beat geared players with an undergeared character was gone. 

Then I went to endgame PVE.  I went to Ulduar and completely destroyed it with my guild, and decided it was no longer fun to obtain gear, so that I could get more gear, so that I could get more gear so that when I have the best gear. I can either get owned in PVP because my PVE gear has no resilience, or I can WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT PATCH SO THAT I CAN GET MORE GEAR SO THAT I CAN WAIT TO GET MORE GEAR.

And they keep nerfing the Rogue, my favorite class, to the point where I re-rolled and got multiple level 80's besides my rogue.

The rogue is now extremely gear dependent it's not even fun, and they keep nerfing and nerfing, it ends up being such a boring process to get the gear to make him playable that In the end, the fun that you would have with the gear, isn't worth it.

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661
    Originally posted by arenasb

Only way I would come back is if they had a complete graphics overhaul.

That would bring me back just to see it, but the graphics aren't one of the reasons I left and don't play.

The community sucked, the game was fairly boring and lacked anything that engaged me. I'm sure it's gets better at higher levels when you combine various skills and play style can change. I don't want to play a game where I have a boring, unengaging grind to 80 though. In the end, they would have to revamp the entire skill, stat, and combat system to make me come back. Things that would make most of the current players flee.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

because there are so many other great choices out there.

/sarcasm off

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

blaaaa

= translates to

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

Just bored of it, even Cataclysm won't bring me back.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Zorn,

http://www.eharmony.com/

is that way

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

Originally posted by Palebane

because there are so many other great choices out there.
    /sarcasm off

So that's why these wow hating trolls always vomit over the game they love/hate to play.

:)

Get over it Blizzard is a class by its own.

And amateurs on mmorpg.com wouldn't be able to design one inch worthy of a Blizzard game

----- IF you played too long ---- move over.

----- IF you didn't like to play ---- move to the duds and copies (the rest is already history and as dead as a rock).

I counted already DOZENS of guys who came from DAOC/EQ1/EQ2/etc and they always said the same things.

How was I so dumb to believe these games could hold any candle against Blizzard's WOW.

Now go play the duds.

Glasses and false beards are available for the queuing line at the midnight shops when Catcalysm launches.

This guy is hilarious. The Most talked about game both positive and negative is WoW. I would dare say, even on the official boards.. the negative outweighs the positive. Why is it still the most popular? Is it because its the best..

Not by a long shot.

Most of the people who currently play WoW I would day sare, weren't MMO gamers previously. They probably know nothing about other MMO's. WoW is all they know. Plenty of games that are better than WoW. Its like trying to tell me that MTV is the best music channel just because its the most well known. EQ2, Vanguard, heck even Conan is better IMO. I'm playing EQ2 right now, and I'm enjoying knowing that the goals I have right now, will last me a while before I'm having to do it again. So I don't have to "keep up with the Jones'". WoW is supposed to be casual.. but its anything but.. Sure you can play casual.. but you won't get anywhere.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Why am I not playing WoW? Because I have a better game to play.

I'll list a few of the problems I had with WoW.

1) Expansions destroying old content. Why even bother if everything starts all over every couple of months? Would you play a game if the developers wiped the server clean every two years? of course not! Great raid progressions like MC-Naxx at 60 and Kara-SW at 70 are dead now that blizzard raised the level cap. With the Xp stop feature this should have fixed the probelm instead blizzard decided to take away essential raids from those progressions like Naxx and Ony. With the next expansion the entire black rock mountain with two raids and three dungeons will be gone and turned into new Ezmode content for level 85 players.

2) Limited pvp that could be fun if it didn't require you to run the same Arena, BG and scheduled pvp skirmish a thousand times for items that are rendered obsolete by the next expansion.

3) Making every role in pve play the same and the death of CC. Dungeons used to be a challenge rogues needed to sap, mages sheeped, warlocks seduced or banished, priests mind controlled. These abilities gave Dps classes a purposed and as a tank made pve content challenging. You needed to understand pulls, set CC and kill order.  Now DPS does one thing AOE and so do the tank and healers. It's absolutely worthless and has killed any challege in pve.

We used to have challenging regular instances now only 2% of the content is hard and it's not even required for progression.

4) Progression, attunements & world bosses. We used to have a clear cut raid progression in WoW. This progression made you proud to be a raider you knew where your guild stood by what content you had on farm. Now this doesn't exist. Gear is handed to people so they could jump right into the new raid as it's released. This has killed raiding for many players that wanted a challege in WoW. Aspects of the raid game like Dungeon keys and long quest chains to gain access to certain raids are all but gone because the current WoW players don't want to be bothered with it.  Roaming world bosses one of the last aspects of WoW that made it feel like a living breathing game world have been destroyed we use to have a whole mess of open world encounters that number is at a big fat zero atm.

5) Arena. I find it hard to say anything good about this feature Blizzard has pushed on its playerbase. Making WoW an Esport, focusing on balancing class specs for small scale fighting is one of the major reasons Pve difficulty has been gutted. Killing Certain classes tanking abilities, CC and even healing output. I have never seen a so called Pve focused game be so negatively effected by a Pvp side game.

6) Abandoned content and Daily quests. How long must we pay for WoW and get near nothing in return? Why aren't all of those dead inactive portals in Azeroth and outland leading to anywhere? Where is this portal worlds content in outland that lead to now zones? What happened to Hero classes? It's seems like you pay good money for new gear to be thrown on a vendor.

What happened to actually developing on existing content? Instead you give me daily quests and turn one good aspect of WoW into a daily part time job? All to keep us paying and playing right?

Dude I can write a book on this bullshit I wrote a post maybe ten times this in note pad and decided to just add in the more important parts to keep it short.

So many people praise this game, yet all I see are things blizzard keeps taking away.

I would rather give my money to a developer that adds features that I want, that doesn't take away. I want to have fun and not be all stressed out bitching on the official forums because I feel cheated.

Blizzard has failed to deliver a game I know their capable of.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Stuff...

Blizzard is losing their more 'hardcore' gamers, so they are making the game more accessible to reach new markets. This has been going on since release. Still, it is the best game out there for the moment.

I doubt we will see WoW evolve to a more complex versatile and direction, Blizzard has a prize winning breed of cow, they are now in the process breeding their breed by focusing on its 'winning' abilities.

• KorhindiKorhindi Member CommonPosts: 395

I have always enjoyed WoW, but I am currently unsubbed.

Not that I have anything against the game or Blizzard; it's just that after 5 years, it is time to move on.

Cataclysm looks cool, but I am afraid, that it may not be enough to suck me back in.  It will take more than reskinning the lands of Azeroth to light the WoW fire for me again.

We'll have to see when it comes out, but I think my main problem is that I am bored of the franchise.  It was a good run, but there comes a time to move on, and I think I have reached it.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

I only play sandbox style MMOs, so WoW is no choice for me.

• Anarchist420Anarchist420 Member Posts: 74

Murlocs, Elves, Gnomes, Orcs, pixies, tights, fairy dust, rainbows, unicorns, anything with "mana", magic missles, and more, is why I am not playing.

• Psycho2kPsycho2k Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Why am I not playing WoW? Because I have a better game to play.

I'll list a few of the problems I had with WoW.

1) Expansions destroying old content. Why even bother if everything starts all over every couple of months? Would you play a game if the developers wiped the server clean every two years? of course not! Great raid progressions like MC-Naxx at 60 and Kara-SW at 70 are dead now that blizzard raised the level cap. With the Xp stop feature this should have fixed the probelm instead blizzard decided to take away essential raids from those progressions like Naxx and Ony. With the next expansion the entire black rock mountain with two raids and three dungeons will be gone and turned into new Ezmode content for level 85 players.
    2) Limited pvp that could be fun if it didn't require you to run the same Arena, BG and scheduled pvp skirmish a thousand times for items that are rendered obsolete by the next expansion.
    3) Making every role in pve play the same and the death of CC. Dungeons used to be a challenge rogues needed to sap, mages sheeped, warlocks seduced or banished, priests mind controlled. These abilities gave Dps classes a purposed and as a tank made pve content challenging. You needed to understand pulls, set CC and kill order.  Now DPS does one thing AOE and so do the tank and healers. It's absolutely worthless and has killed any challege in pve.
    We used to have challenging regular instances now only 2% of the content is hard and it's not even required for progression.
    4) Progression, attunements & world bosses. We used to have a clear cut raid progression in WoW. This progression made you proud to be a raider you knew where your guild stood by what content you had on farm. Now this doesn't exist. Gear is handed to people so they could jump right into the new raid as it's released. This has killed raiding for many players that wanted a challege in WoW. Aspects of the raid game like Dungeon keys and long quest chains to gain access to certain raids are all but gone because the current WoW players don't want to be bothered with it.  Roaming world bosses one of the last aspects of WoW that made it feel like a living breathing game world have been destroyed we use to have a whole mess of open world encounters that number is at a big fat zero atm.
    5) Arena. I find it hard to say anything good about this feature Blizzard has pushed on its playerbase. Making WoW an Esport, focusing on balancing class specs for small scale fighting is one of the major reasons Pve difficulty has been gutted. Killing Certain classes tanking abilities, CC and even healing output. I have never seen a so called Pve focused game be so negatively effected by a Pvp side game.
    6) Abandoned content and Daily quests. How long must we pay for WoW and get near nothing in return? Why aren't all of those dead inactive portals in Azeroth and outland leading to anywhere? Where is this portal worlds content in outland that lead to now zones? What happened to Hero classes? It's seems like you pay good money for new gear to be thrown on a vendor.

What happened to actually developing on existing content? Instead you give me daily quests and turn one good aspect of WoW into a daily part time job? All to keep us paying and playing right?

Dude I can write a book on this bullshit I wrote a post maybe ten times this in note pad and decided to just add in the more important parts to keep it short.

So many people praise this game, yet all I see are things blizzard keeps taking away.

I would rather give my money to a developer that adds features that I want, that doesn't take away. I want to have fun and not be all stressed out bitching on the official forums because I feel cheated.

Blizzard has failed to deliver a game I know their capable of.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, and you definitely said it better than I could of!

For me personally (and this is all just my opinion) WoW just feels like the "jack of all trades" of the genre, it offers a little bit of everything without ever excelling at any of it, its obvious they do this because it keeps people paying to play because the old school gamers (who used to be referred to as geeks) are now just the minority in the market, but Wow just isnt that appealing to me.

I suppose its kind of like the Nintendo Wii in a way, the console easily outsells the Xbox 360 and PS3 but in general the games arent anywhere near as in depth or graphically stunning on the Wii as the other consoles, its just easier to pick up and play for those that arent looking for that truly in depth experience or those that dont really consider themselves "gamers" (like my wife).

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Originally posted by raystantz

and what would it take to bring you back?

for me, its the constant changes and gear outdate. The fact that gear is really the only purpose in the game. the terrible community and the constant publicity stuff. The focus more on trying to sell you stuff, than they do the game.
    to get me back? They'd have to stop the "race to 80 and raid" mentality from the game.. and I don't see them doing such.

When the purpose of a game is centered around completing content and getting the best gear, then the game runs out of uses after that content has been completed, the best gear gotten, or if a person has done all the content they desire out of that game. But when a game revolves around player made content and socialization, the game can last as long as there is either and as long as that person is interested in taking part in the community.

I quit WoW because there was nothing left for me to do, that I was interested in doing. The new expansion might bring me back, but it's unlikely if the MMO's released next year can entertain me. There's so many games, both single player and MMO's that are due between now and when Cataclysm is supposed to be released, and only so much time to play them all.

• JoeJustJoeJoeJustJoe Member Posts: 24

Zorndorf, what part of the game are you in? What characters do you have?

The true reason I quit is because:

• Level 80 Human Rogue
    • Level 80 Mage
    • Level 80 Shaman
    • Level 80 UD Rogue
    • Level 74 UD Rogue
    • Level 72 Warrior
    • Level 65 Priest
    • Level 77 Warlock
    • Level 80 Death Knight
    • Level 80 Druid
    • Level 60 Hunter

Progression:

• Naxx 10-25 full clear
    • Ulduar 10-25 full clear
    • That one raid with a bunch of dragons and a huge dragon in the middle (10-15 full clear)
    • PVP rank 12 pre Cross Realm BG's.
    • 375 in all professions amongst my characters.
    • Heroic All Dungeons full clear
    • Normal Dungeons Full Clear (Including 1-60 dungeons)

The game is just boring, I've played it into the ground and then rolled around in it's remains, then ate those remains and digested them for another year.

PVP isn't even fun anymore and is based more on who has the better gear rather than who plays the class better. PVE is stale and repetitive [Stand here when x happens, or just keep pressing same rotation of buttons until it dies].

The game is WONDERFUL The first time through.  The second time through it's still fun.  But I've been playing since 5 months after it was released (Vanilla WoW). And it's really just BORING now.

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576

Only reason I'm not playing wow, is the graphics suck. If they updated the graphics I would definitely play.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by JoeJustJoe 
    Zorndorf, what part of the game are you in? What characters do you have?

I think that is an interesting question and so far i haven't seen Zorndorf posting how many chars he's got and for how long/how intense he's playing -but i may have missed it in these forums as well.

No offense, but i can think of him playing not that long and/or not that hardcore as some of us do or did. Perhaps therefore can't really relate to why we don't play anymore after years of an unsteady rollercoaster-ride that is balance and design in this game. All he does is calling everyone a hater while missing the bigger picture (4+ yrs playing and such) as to why people are tired of WoW.

I don't hate WoW. But i admit that i hate many things Blizzard did with it. Been a passionate healer with maxxed out priest and druid until Blizzard's only answer to everything was "NERF", been a happy pvp'er until arena destroyed the game and Alterac got turned into a pve-rush, been everything with many fun classes until....you get the point. Just about everything that was once fun got nerfed or altered to an extend it wasn't fun anymore. Or it just got simplified for the braindead folks.

I don't deny the many changes which were good, but still to me WOW was just better years back.

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by raystantz

and what would it take to bring you back?

for me, its the constant changes and gear outdate. The fact that gear is really the only purpose in the game. the terrible community and the constant publicity stuff. The focus more on trying to sell you stuff, than they do the game.
    to get me back? They'd have to stop the "race to 80 and raid" mentality from the game.. and I don't see them doing such.

I do not play WoW anymore - mostly the only way they could get me back is to fix the cartoonish graphics and ban most of the people playing it- tried the trial to see how it was now(played long ago),  the chat is full of gradeschool level crap.  NO Thanks.  The Halloween event and it's ever repeating  rhymes  helped drive me away also - talk about annoying.  WoW failed on the fun aspect - it would have been too stressful to play, so I'm not.  And probably never will again. 

Note Bene: I am sure there are many people who love this game - Good For You.  I don't,   if my opinion on it hurts your feelings - oh well.  I am entitled to my opinion.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Originally posted by arenasb

Zorn,
    http://www.eharmony.com/
    is that way

Already married ty.

Perhaps something for the frustrated guys who don't seem to come over their "lost" love. :)

Sorry guys - you just lost your joy of playing the most succesful game in video game history.

God knows how LONG your wait will be for the next dud ? :)

so zorn why does it bother you if people get bored of a game? its natural really, so please tell me why it bothers you so much?

don't dance around the question either, i see you attacking people more then they are attacking the game.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• caalemcaalem Member UncommonPosts: 289

Because the game is boring to anyone that didn't start playing in late BC/WOTLK.

Log on, do 25 mans, clear entire 25 man in 1 day(maybe 2)

spend rest of week doing ???

go play PvP in boxes?

• Psycho2kPsycho2k Member Posts: 63

WoW is like that kid at school that tried to win people over by giving them free sweets, everybody liked him because he was giving away free stuff, but nobody ever became his true friend.

Two posts Above is a typical fanboy.

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

I actually sold my account a few months ago.....

Went out yesterday and bought a new battlechest... (It was on sale at target when I was getting some dog food and a random toy for my daughter.)

Originally posted by caalem

Two posts Above is a typical fanboy.

And you are a typical hater without ANY elements of answer.

So easy to piss on something is it .

You can't accept that the game you like is boring, you're being a butthurt fanboy.

• DeienDeien Member Posts: 121

Cause WoW blows and it's dull. To me atlest