Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi MMORPG.COM

Radko5Radko5 Member Posts: 1

First I have gotten all my mmo needs from this awsome site. I need one question anseared to make up my mind and get the game. Can you really run around solo...scavangeing stuff wasting hours sitting in a bloken house and hunting down zombies to make it as resident like as possible?I am talking about ultimate freedom and savagenes like a post apo world is. :)

Comments

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

Fallen earth has A HUGE amount of freedom, but when i played i just didn´t know what to do with all that freedom :), in the beginning of a game i like to be steered in a certain direction, but this game leaves it all up to you. some like it, some don't.

graphics are DATED, no room for discussion here. however the graphics aren't like Doom 1, its still playable, but if you enjoy beautifull worlds with magnificient graphics, this is not your game.

crafting, well, the game nearly requires you to craft ( i really dislike it, others like it )

hope this was helpfull :)

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

First, the freedom and self sustenance are the greatest charm of the game. Actually, I'd say this plays pretty well into the whole post-apocalyptic feel. Yeah, the game as an MMO may need a bit more incentive to group than it has now, but I hope the devs don't break this fundamental immersion point while doing it.

You can play this game as laid back, free-roaming, lone-wolf as you like :) People usually mind their own business, and this actually adds to the atmosphere! On the other hand, I've seen very little jerkish behavior, and though you can just take a single shot at a boss without grouping and get joint credit for killing, I've seldom been turned down when I've tried grouping. To me, it's quite a good setup.

As for graphics, overall it's certainly not top-notch, but again I'd say it has its charm. I've even come to appreciate some of the subtle touches. The priority is making the Anti-Aliasing work. There's a chance you may not get it to work initially with both the in-game and externally-forced AA, and if it doesn't work, the game looks straight out ugly. Get it to work, it's important. As well as Anisotropic filtering.

• Anarchist420Anarchist420 Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by Radko5

First I have gotten all my mmo needs from this awsome site. I need one question anseared to make up my mind and get the game. Can you really run around solo...scavangeing stuff wasting hours sitting in a bloken house and hunting down zombies to make it as resident like as possible?I am talking about ultimate freedom and savagenes like a post apo world is. :)

Yep.  I have played since mid beta and still play and have not once been in a group.  They aren't my thing and I'm doing fine.  There are a few forced kind of group quests you couldn't possibly solo, but aside from that I'm a loner.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Nikopol

As for graphics, overall it's certainly not top-notch, but again I'd say it has its charm. I've even come to appreciate some of the subtle touches. The priority is making the Anti-Aliasing work. There's a chance you may not get it to work initially with both the in-game and externally-forced AA, and if it doesn't work, the game looks straight out ugly. Get it to work, it's important. As well as Anisotropic filtering.

You have to dissable Advanced Post FX processing. Then quit the client and then activate AA and AF. Then it works.

I hope one day they will get both Advanced Post FX processing and AA working together tho.

Cheers

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

I've been playing since launch pretty much solo - of course I prefer the loner persona anyway, and this game fits it perfectly. Everything I own I made myself from things I collected myself. And even if it isn't the 'top gear' others are walking around in I'm damn proud of every thing I have. I love the open world aspect, have my favorite hunting spots for the atmosphere and still ride back to them from time to time just to reminisce.

I've had occasion to be invited into teams when I'm in a locale others are at doing quests, and every now and then I'll join them to help out, even if I don't have the quest myself. Honestly, I find the quest items long before I find the dude or the town the dude is in that gives the quest. I like the wanderer freedom this game gives you too much to go to towns where they live. To me a town is a place you HAVE to go to only when you HAVE to. Unless that's the case you normally won't see my face in one.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• AcidWaveAcidWave Member Posts: 35

Hey,

If all you are looking for is what you describe in your post, then go for it. This might be the best MMO you've ever played. I for one can't stand it but it's a matter of taste.

Good luck...

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604

Actually, I did exactly as highlighted.  Found a rundown farmhouse surrounded by "zombies" (digger swarmers) and tried to hold off the rush.  Then learned why you always ensure there is a back door during the zombocalypse . . .

FE has much of what you are looking for.  But understand, everyone's interpretation of  "ultimate freedom " is a bit different.