Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortress battles, kind of lame.

WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Granted i've only been to maybe 5-10 sieges, every single one i've been to has been rather..lame.

Every offensive raid i've been in thus far is always met by a extremely passive defense, defenders literally just wait inside the keep for the door to come down, and then try to fight a raid off after they've flooded the keep. I'm wondering why defenders don't put more effort into keeping an enemy outside, or taking the keep at all for that matter?

I mean from what i've seen, fort's have rather useful defense tools such as the gate restoration stones and vitality wells, but i almost never see them in use. I'm unsure how effective healing the gate is, but I guess it must not be that great at this point or something.

Attacking would be a lot funner I think if defenders put up more of a fight. Originally I thought siege tools would be very useful in breaking into a fort, but as said above defenders don't put up that much of a fight, and it is obviously cheaper to just melee the door down.

Personally i'd love to see this fixed, and apparently NC would like to as well, seeing how in the next patch they are awarding legions medals for successfully defending a keep, which is great for the people who own the keep, but probably won't be very inspiring for everyone else.

Thoughts? Has anyone expirenced the exact opposite of what i have so far?

Comments

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Well until the next patch comes out, defense of a fort is not worth the reward at this time. When the upcoming patch arrives their will be rewards for defending a fort. On some servers defense of fortresses is alive.

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

I suspect it will improve when more people hit the level cap and legions start to fill up with people who want to PvP and earn medals for Abyss gear.  The next patch adding rewards for defending is a big step in the right direction.

They need to add some sort of scaling benefit.  ie.  The longer you keep the fortress the more profitable it becomes, and the more worthwhile it becomes for the enemy to take.  That would add a bit of incentive on both sides.

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

They need to get more inspiration from WAR for sieges, they had it pretty much almost right, even tho theres a lot more to do to make Aion even more enjoyable in the abyss ;)

• sarahstewartsarahstewart Member Posts: 68

I am not sure what server you are on or what level you are but I find when both races on a server both have many level 50's this opens up the fortress battles a lot more and makes them more exciting.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Well, you state in other post that "asmo's sucks" in your server.... what you expect 

Now, whithout joke, they need to increase the reward for defending, dont know what comes in next little patch will be enouph, but lets see it.

• MyDcmbr81MyDcmbr81 Member Posts: 59

I am hoping that when the patch notes say :

"1. You now receive contribution decorations as reward for successfully defending a fortress under the control of your Legion."

That they mean race and not legion. I mean really what would be the point of my legion helping another legion defend their fortress? They get medals and we would get nothing but AP? It would be in our best intrests to let the other side take the fortress and then have our legion take it from them to defend it.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Aye, if it is just the legion that has the fort that receives contribution rewards than it's not going to change much from what it is now.

My experience with these battles are zergfests, lagfests, and disconnects. Not very exciting or fun.