Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earth may COOL for the next 10 years.

IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

The Earth may cool for the next 10 years.

If that's the case, what's causing the cooling? Probably the sun.

If the Sun can cause the Earth to cool, why not warm?

If the Sun can cause the Earth to warm, then how do you know Co2 made by man is the reason the planet warms instead of the sun?

Man only creates 1-2% of the Co2.

If there is warming by Co2, and man only causes 1-2% of the Co2, then doesn't it stand to reason that man would be responsible for 1-2% of the warming?

For example, if the Earth warms a degree, Man's share of that warming would be .02 of a degree, not the entire degree since man doesn't release 98% of the Co2 in the atmosphere.

How do you get from that, to Man causes 98% of the warming?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125686509223717691.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

Comments

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Not only tht but Water Vapor from our Oceans is like 70% of the worlds Greenhouse gas.

• SikgamerSikgamer Member Posts: 77

There's no proof that we are or are not causing global warming, just biased claims and political greed.

Only when I genuinely see and feel the planet is heating or cooling will I believe in such tripe fueled by political turmoil.

Unique upcoming indie space-based mining and combat game - Miner Wars.
    http://www.minerwars.com/?aid=191

• EnkinduEnkindu Member Posts: 1,098

On thing that is very FRUSTRATING reading threads on global warming is that people seem to think global temperature regulation is a simple process.  "if you do X the temperature will rise.  If Y happens the temperature will fall."

It isn't that simple.  Anyone who has studied equilibrium in natural systems (biological, climatological, whatever) will realize that there tend to be multiple "checks and balances" acting on a given system.  I wrote the following in another thread to explain what I'm talking about:

Here is a totally made up scenario:

1) Greenhouse gas emissions cause a slight rise in average ambient arctic temperature.

2) Continental ice sheets begin melting, introducing a salinity, temperature, and density change in ocean currents.

3) Weather patterns change due to changes in ocean currents. New weather patterns generate more cloudcover, which in turn increases albedo, which in turn causes an observed drop in in global temperatures more often than not over a 20 year period.

4) Critics of global warming say "SEE! the earth is cooling not warming!!!"

Please note: this is FAKE and presented as an explanation of the TYPES of complex relationships you might find in natural systems.

deviliscious: (PS. I have been told that when I use scientific language, it does not make me sound more intelligent, it only makes me sound like a jackass. It makes me appear that I am not knowledgable enough in the subject I am discussing to be able to translate it for people outside the field to understand. Some advice you might consider as well)

• Scubie67Scubie67 Member UncommonPosts: 462

The earth naturally goes through heating and cooling cycles.While most climate pros say one thing most geoligists say another.Man has only been here a brief fraction of a moment in time.There have been hot periods as well as ice ages well before we were here with our Suv's.Its beating a dead horse and has been argued on here multiple times with everyones mind not changed regardless which side of the fence you are on, just madder.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Now that we're all bored of Global Warming, it's what comes next that will be making me irate.

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

That said though we do need to find alternative fuels and to clean up our act because we are having a poor effect on the Planet but it's a shame we're focusing on the wrong thing and ignoring the real issues.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by Varny

That said though we do need to find alternative fuels and to clean up our act because we are having a poor effect on the Planet but it's a shame we're focusing on the wrong thing and ignoring the real issues.

Agreed. Find alternative fuels, great idea. Get off of oil which funds crazy extreme Muslim terror, great idea.

Do things like cap and trade because you want to be Robin Hood and steal from the rich and give to the poor, bad idea.

If you read the original article it basically says the climate models are so complex that none of them are right. We should look at the past, not made up climate models which cannot possibly take into account every variable that goes into weather.