Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player, need help

I'm pretty sure I'm going to start playing AoC. I heard you need to pick your server carefully. Any suggestions, I'm a central time zone gamer.

Comments

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Well if you want to play the game with a good populated server then Tyranny is def the way to go

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

avoid the pvp server, when i last played around 6 months ago it was nothing but gank/camp festing, the other servers have plenty of pvp without all the griefing (its grieftastic when you cant level because every decent quest hub is camped by no lifers that just sit around waiting to kill someone who cant fight back over and over and over) you get the idea.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

PVE: Wicanna / Set

PvP: Tyranny

RP-PvP: Cimmeria

Can't go wrong with those for population. Down to your choice of style of play.  I have characters on all apart from Tyranny and have good experiences. I can only recommend through experience here. Other servers I have friends on whol all enjoy their respect server communities too.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

I always liked Wicanna for a pve server. The community there was quite large and very helpful and I managed to get into a good guild that I was able to team up with and knock out all the group quests I had sitting in my log.

I more I see people going back to this game, the more I want to give it another shot.

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

I enjoyed Tyranny.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

I played Set. Never had an issue getting teams for instances, or pick-up raids either. Plus there are several guilds that are big and allied well enough to get a full guild raid going at end game.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

PVE: Wicanna / Set
    PvP: Tyranny
    RP-PvP: Cimmeria
    Can't go wrong with those for population. Down to your choice of style of play.  I have characters on all apart from Tyranny and have good experiences. I can only recommend through experience here. Other servers I have friends on whol all enjoy their respect server communities too.

The other servers not listed above have horrible populations.

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH does the Aquilonian river dance)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• Blackwell99Blackwell99 Member Posts: 352

Heres a current thread on AoC's home page that talks about servers:

forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php

Sounds like tyranny is .well.not so good.

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

Just pick one server and see if you are happy with it. If not you can always change server later on:)

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by Blackwell99

Heres a current thread on AoC's home page that talks about servers:
    forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php

Sounds like tyranny is .well.not so good.

Considering who the OP is yeah, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Litagator, aka DIIIMaster, Maakaatuu, Afirstlight, madlawyer...nope no agenda at all none. To bad his admission posts on here got deleted.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.