Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is DAOC Casual Gamer friendly with all the recent changes?

I am wondering if I should return to DAOC. Is the game any friendlier to casual gaming? Just curious...

Anthrorob

http://onlinerpggames.blogspot.com/

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Casual gaming?  Hardcore gamers?  These titles really mean little I think.  One person's hardcore is another person's casual.  But here is what I will tell you:

1.  Leveling is much easier now.  The amount of exp per level has decreased.  The amount of exp you get per kill is increased.  Camp bonus is increased.  Group bonus is increased.  If you earn one level in a certain amount of days (2-7 it depens on the server and realm) you get a free level.  You also get some decent items from your trainer at certain levels.

2.  Random loot drops that you can use have increased.

3.  Since there are new classes with catacombs it has been easier to find a group pre-20

4.  The fee level 20's has made the 20-24 BG popular on most servers.  You can log in and go there and find some action. 

5.  Server clustering will happen in about a month.  This will allow servers on that cluster to share one frontier and allow you to teleport to other servers for groups.

6.  They have added telportation in many different forms to make it very easy to get around now.

Now with that said, there have not been any major changes to ToA yet so many of those still take a lot of time.  There will be changes in the next 1-3 months on that.  Clustering hasn't happened yet so that will make grouping on the lower population servers still dificult depending on the time you play.  Crafting still takes a long time. 

So that is really all I can tell you since I do not know what you want as a casual gamer.