Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You have got to see this....

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Want to know just how small one carbon atom is visually...check this out.  <<< clicky

Note:  Use the slider control on the picture to zoom in - do it slowly so you can see the various sizes of things as you make your way to the atom.

Comments

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

Fun.   Though they should have fited a transistor from a 2009 processor in there.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• heremypetheremypet Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 528

And that is just the diameter of the path of the electrons.  Atoms are made up of some 99.99999999% empty space.

And since atoms are the supposed basic building blocks of all physical matter, that really gives new meaning to the term "airhead".

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun."

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

OK, I saw it...    Now what?

Tee-hee, just kidding.  Pretty cool to be sure.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Yeah that was a cool website.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by heremypet

And that is just the diameter of the path of the electrons.  Atoms are made up of some 99.99999999% empty space.

I've always thought this is the most amazing thing in the Universe. If you really break it down the amount of empty space in an atom is staggering. Of course, this is based on our fairly limited understanding of atomic structures.