Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mats Persson´s view on the future of MO!

2»

Comments

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I really don't think having open world FFA pvp is a good thing. I really think EVE has a really good system for this that should be considered. Another thing I'm worried about is the hacking. I wanted to like Darkfall so much, but with all the hacking I couldn't do it. People walking through the terrain and auto-looting just ruined it for me.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by mrcalhou

I really don't think having open world FFA pvp is a good thing. I really think EVE has a really good system for this that should be considered. Another thing I'm worried about is the hacking. I wanted to like Darkfall so much, but with all the hacking I couldn't do it. People walking through the terrain and auto-looting just ruined it for me.

EvE is open FFA PvP...

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by xpiher

EvE is open FFA PvP...

From what I understand that is only true in null sec.   An attacker will be able to destroy your ship in high-sec, but they will also lose their ships from patrols.  This essentially allows players to play PvP free, and from recent threads it seems roughly 1/2 the population does just that.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by thinktank001

EvE is open FFA PvP...

From what I understand that is only true in null sec.   An attacker will be able to destroy your ship in high-sec, but they will also lose their ships from patrols.  This essentially allows players to play PvP free, and from recent threads it seems roughly 1/2 the population does just that.

There is only 1 true safe zone in EvE and thats right near stations. All other sectors of space the police of the game take longer and longer to get to until you are in 0.0 (null)

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ScoorgeScoorge Member Posts: 142

Originally posted by thinktank001

EvE is open FFA PvP...

There is only 1 true safe zone in EvE and thats right near stations. All other sectors of space the police of the game take longer and longer to get to until you are in 0.0 (null)

fail

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

The Dev is in his right to express the core idea of the game.

It will feel not polished for everyone as there is no quest route to max level & the chars are no cookie cutter or anime-like.

It has not a rule set, but yours.

Forget the holding hand that leads you to End Game. MO has no end game except that one you decide to be your fate and directed by your own facts.

This is sandbox. If you don't like it go back to Aion.

It is a question of fangs.

• GobwarGobwar Member Posts: 121

There was clear message in the Mats post. The message was that todays gaming industries standards have been set "high" such as the *there is no map* *No auto loot button*  some reviewers just can't understand that the point here is that there ain't any of those. And about perfect release... There isn't a perfect release. For example look at Eve online, the launch of the game was pretty crappy but the game has improved ALOT from what it was and is doing great now.

You can burn me, but i wont die.