Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your prespectives about lineage3

superpatasuperpata Member UncommonPosts: 190

Alright,  for some months now there has not been much going on regarding lineage 3, it is said that ncsoft had to restart the project due to someone selling the code and now is working on it. So what are your expectations, do you think it will ever be released, would you consider moving form lineage 2 to 3 if so in what conditions, what would you like to see added or removed and so and so..?

Comments

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

LOL isnt Aion lineage 3? That what i read and hear! LOL

(AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dances with hot Elyos Lady!)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by superpata

Alright,  for some months now there has not been much going on regarding lineage 3, it is said that ncsoft had to restart the project due to someone selling the code and now is working on it. So what are your expectations, do you think it will ever be released, would you consider moving form lineage 2 to 3 if so in what conditions, what would you like to see added or removed and so and so..?

Too many things to list,i would need a multi page essay.To cut it short Koreans do NOT know how to make a good MMORPG game.They lean too much towards simplistic everything,from it's mapping to it's animations to it's game play.Every single aspect is done cheap and at this point of the gaming industry ,do we really need to play that all over again?

Then you have to figure in who will be attracted to that game?Well RMT influenza of course,massive botting,no GM control,a poorly designed game that revolves around RMT.DO i need to see another game that creates maps that look like some teenager fiddling with a game engine?Honest to god i can create better maps ALONE ,myself than what Korean games deliver,that is how weak their mapping skills are,yes anyone that understands game design will see it clear as day.For the most part ,i bet they are using map generators,so they put in even less effort.Now we got this new "SPEEDTREE" to further dumb down mapping skills.

Right now after seeing how cheap they delivered AION in ,i would not trust them to deliver any quality at all.I think they would actually take the L2 concept and totally rehash the exact same ideas,some form of siege be it a castle an area a structure,but that is the extent of their creativity for PVP.They never stray from the GOTHIC look,they never stray from the glowing weapons idea,redone in  every Korean game.They never stray from having useless static buildings in a game,so the world seems dead.

Content?forget it,their sole premise to gaming is speed and over sized weapons with that one character class that always runs hunched over.Do we really need to hear another game using that same 8 bit Korean female "HIYAAAA" sound?

In a nutshell i do not want to play another MU online with better graphics,maybe one day when i actually see the Korean game industry ADVANCE,i might give their games some credibility,but to the not so blind,their game design ability is VERY weak.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

Never tried L1, never tried L2, don't really care for L3...

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• superpatasuperpata Member UncommonPosts: 190

Wiz, can't say i agree with everything you said but the way you put it is hilarious nonetheless:P. No fans with dif opinions?, lets hear them too

• ninjaladyninjalady Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid

LOL god No!!!  Aion is not even close to being an L3.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Originally posted by superpata

Too many things to list,i would need a multi page essay.To cut it short Koreans do NOT know how to make a good MMORPG game.They lean too much towards simplistic everything,from it's mapping to it's animations to it's game play.Every single aspect is done cheap and at this point of the gaming industry ,do we really need to play that all over again?

Then you have to figure in who will be attracted to that game?Well RMT influenza of course,massive botting,no GM control,a poorly designed game that revolves around RMT.DO i need to see another game that creates maps that look like some teenager fiddling with a game engine?Honest to god i can create better maps ALONE ,myself than what Korean games deliver,that is how weak their mapping skills are,yes anyone that understands game design will see it clear as day.For the most part ,i bet they are using map generators,so they put in even less effort.Now we got this new "SPEEDTREE" to further dumb down mapping skills.

Right now after seeing how cheap they delivered AION in ,i would not trust them to deliver any quality at all.I think they would actually take the L2 concept and totally rehash the exact same ideas,some form of siege be it a castle an area a structure,but that is the extent of their creativity for PVP.They never stray from the GOTHIC look,they never stray from the glowing weapons idea,redone in  every Korean game.They never stray from having useless static buildings in a game,so the world seems dead.

Content?forget it,their sole premise to gaming is speed and over sized weapons with that one character class that always runs hunched over.Do we really need to hear another game using that same 8 bit Korean female "HIYAAAA" sound?

In a nutshell i do not want to play another MU online with better graphics,maybe one day when i actually see the Korean game industry ADVANCE,i might give their games some credibility,but to the not so blind,their game design ability is VERY weak.

As this is you opinion you are very much entiteld to it, but darn what a bunch of crap you are saying.

• BluppBlupp Member Posts: 131

From what Ive heard this is what happend to Lineage 3:

www.tera-online.com/

Think it goes under this title after it was "given" away to another company.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by ninjalady

Aion is Lineage 3..............whether you like it or not.

NCSoft won't release any Fantasy based MMORPG for the next 5 years, and when they do, it will be more likely Aion 2.

• caalemcaalem Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by ste2000

NCSoft won't release any Fantasy based MMORPG for the next 5 years, and when they do, it will be more likely Aion 2.

Uh, no it isn't. Not at all.

Lineage3's source was stolen a couple years back, and has since then been postponed to 2011, as they decided to make their own engine for Lineage3 instead of using the Unreal3 like they intended to.

• resinaptresinapt Member Posts: 66

Well Lineage III would be awesome, for a long time i Wanted that, im currently on Aion, and my next step will be for Final Fantasy XIV i hope, but if Lineage III would get out i would forget about everything :D

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

No it's not, play both then maybe you'll stop bullshitting, and they even said they'll anounce something in 2010-2011about L3.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I'm not sure we need it.  I suppose fans of L2 would look forward to L3, but I just don't see it varying much from the formula and its a design that I don't really care for.

Regardless, I think its quite a ways off in the future.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• caalemcaalem Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I'm not sure we need it.  I suppose fans of L2 would look forward to L3, but I just don't see it varying much from the formula and its a design that I don't really care for.
    Regardless, I think its quite a ways off in the future.

Lineage2 castle sieging was some of the most fun I ever had in any MMO, Lineage2 was also one of the most populated MMOs for quite a while(think it peaked at #3 most played P2P MMORPG?) so a sequel announced in 2010 or 2011 wouldn't be surprising.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

I do miss the class evolution system(the classes as well ofc), but still the game mechanics needs lots of improvement. but since TERA is its current "succesor" we can keep it dormant for now =p

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• ninjaladyninjalady Member Posts: 64

Guess I have to point out the obvious for you.

L1 & L2 is open pvp games, kill anybody you want at any time.

Aion is faction based. not even close to Lineage.  & way too WoW-Like

If anything, Bluehole Studios game in developement Tera is the closest game in Dev. to being an L3. atm.

Calling Aion L3 is a disgrace to the name Lineage. lol

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

If anything, Bluehole Studios game in developement Tera is the closest game in Dev. to being an L3. atm.

Quoted for the fucking truth...

Aion is fucking lame and themepark-ish. It will never come close to L2, which is why theyr working on L3 and in their leaked release pdf it was said to be released in 2011 and GW 2 in 2010 togheter with blade and soul or sth.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by Kuro1n

Quoted for the fucking truth...

Aion is fucking lame and themepark-ish. It will never come close to L2, which is why theyr working on L3 and in their leaked release pdf it was said to be released in 2011 and GW 2 in 2010 togheter with blade and soul or sth.

Geezus STE2000, how hard is it to use frickin google?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lineage_III

There are several interviews including one on THIS site with NCSoft saying AION ain't L3. L3 has just went back into development because of the code theft. Restart in 2008 and public announcement in 2011.

All the references are linked in.

You know if you don't like a game fine, noted but don't spread misinformation.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

Dont you think that Lineage and Aion is the only games NCSoft publish? GW is the game they rely on most and GW2 is currently under development.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • Metal_MMetal_M Member Posts: 44

Are you living on Moon or something ? Lineage 3 will come out and it will be either WoW copy  or it self like it shoud be! A awesome game.

Games played: Owerall ower 500+
    MMORPG's played: SWG, ALL GW, WOW, L2, EVE, etc...

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

I feel Aion should have been L3.  If the code hadn't been stolen it would have been.

Seems more like Aion was something quick NC tossed out there to make some dough in between the GW and L3 successors since TR lost all subs. 

Aion actually isn't that bad of a game as it sits alone.  It'll be even better with the 1.6 patch.  The only parts that turned me away were the community and botting.  And the largest issue that they've created is going to be a severly struck population.  I'm sure it'll have enough to carry on for a year or so, but out of 67 players in my guild: ~50 quit.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
    Originally posted by iZakaroN

Dont you think that Lineage and Aion is the only games NCSoft publish? GW is the game they rely on most and GW2 is currently under development.

CC (clearly clueless)...

http://www.ncsoft.net/global/ir/prfile.aspx?ID=B0669472-4592-4FD8-8D4F-784C241F380F

I dont see how they rely on a game that makes them ~4% of their earnings. : O

• djji2djji2 Member Posts: 21

NCssss will realize L3 when (if) they loose all other popularity of Aion, GW2, L2 or if Tera win them by popularity. Why they make new game if most of their old on top. So L2 maniacs never will like L3 but if L3 be created for "new generation gamers" it will be too easy, if L3 be like L2 it will be disliked by new cuz new generation games are too easy, simple and stupid. Noone anymore make hard, long and too difficult games like L2, and NC will not make L3 like L2 :P

Originally posted by djji2

NCssss will realize L3 when (if) they loose all other popularity of Aion, GW2, L2 or if Tera win them by popularity. Why they make new game if most of their old on top. So L2 maniacs never will like L3 but if L3 be created for "new generation gamers" it will be too easy, if L3 be like L2 it will be disliked by new cuz new generation games are too easy, simple and stupid. Noone anymore make hard, long and too difficult games like L2, and NC will not make L3 like L2 :P

Oh sorry but no, NC have lots of games that are easy and dont need more...

To keep hardcore PVPers and PVEers they need a game like L2. L1 was hard L2 is hard L3 will most likely be hard or grindy. Out of L2s 19 mil subscribers only 500k is in EU/NA. Its a game designed for Asians but many EU/NA likes it anyways.

• M1nas-z3uM1nas-z3u Member Posts: 23

Well probably L3 will get out after Blade&Soul.

Originally posted by M1nas-z3u

Well probably L3 will get out after Blade&Soul.

Exactly what i was thinking as well.