Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need some build advice

jokiajokia Member Posts: 6

I love this game but I need some advice. I am looking for a build that is mainly healing/support so I was thinking I would just go pretty much all out mutations. I know I still need a weapon choice so I was thinking rifles but I would still rely mainly on my mutations to get the job done. www.globaltechplanner.info/#2D00C80000001C1C1C001C45003E001B00001E00530053000053005300003 This is what I have came up with so far. Any advice would be greatly apperciated.

Comments

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Don't think you are going to be able to learn and/or use Sonic mutation line as an Enforcer. If you look at the planner it shows which mutation lines you can learn as an Enforcer (Suppression) and those of your allies (Techs and Lightbearers) that you'll have limited access to.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• jokiajokia Member Posts: 6

I am still unsure as to what faction I am going to go with since this will be a very heavy mutation build. I know that I will probably have to play the wheel to get all in mutations I want.

Originally posted by jokia

I am still unsure as to what faction I am going to go with since this will be a very heavy mutation build. I know that I will probably have to play the wheel to get all in mutations I want.

I do alot of research on that before trying it. Most of the folks in beta that I read about their efforts trying it said that you usually end up hated by most groups. I'm not saying don't try it, I'm just saying be especially careful and review the long term ramification of taking this specific action.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Oh buddy, all mutations are possible,  Grind the wheel baby, grind the wheel.   If you're going to go support / meds then you'll need to work your first aid skill, but overall  going empathetic mutation is going to be a must.  The thing is, you have your first 15 - 20 levels mutationless (except for alpha) so you'll have to make some very important decisions for the future.  Most importantly you need to decide on a weapon.

As an empathetic/sonic build (if thats the route you want to go) you'll need to max your endurance and perception.  This leaves you open to start speccing a ranged weapon if you so choose.  You'll probably want to max group tactics as well.  You can go full on mutant maxing intel and wis too, and with some very specific choices in mutant buffs make up for your your lack of armor use.  Overall though, for a full support healer you don't want to rely solely on mutation only because it will sap your gamma having to spam buffs and heals consistently.

Overall, to know exactly what you want to do, we need to know moreso what you're going for.  We can simply give you what you need for a support role.  I would say check out globaltechaltas.info and check out the guides and read up on what sounds good to you, and then let us know what you're pointing more towards and maybe we can help you build it. 

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by Khalathwyr

I do alot of research on that before trying it. Most of the folks in beta that I read about their efforts trying it said that you usually end up hated by most groups. I'm not saying don't try it, I'm just saying be especially careful and review the long term ramification of taking this specific action.

You do become hated by all factions when you grind the wheel, but to get on the good side you just extra grind the opposing faction of the one you want to be.  Its hard to do, but completely possible.

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Oh buddy, all mutations are possible,  Grind the wheel baby, grind the wheel.   If you're going to go support / meds then you'll need to work your first aid skill, but overall  going empathetic mutation is going to be a must.  The thing is, you have your first 15 - 20 levels mutationless (except for alpha) so you'll have to make some very important decisions for the future.  Most importantly you need to decide on a weapon.

As an empathetic/sonic build (if thats the route you want to go) you'll need to max your endurance and perception.  This leaves you open to start speccing a ranged weapon if you so choose.  You'll probably want to max group tactics as well.  You can go full on mutant maxing intel and wis too, and with some very specific choices in mutant buffs make up for your your lack of armor use.  Overall though, for a full support healer you don't want to rely solely on mutation only because it will sap your gamma having to spam buffs and heals consistently.

Overall, to know exactly what you want to do, we need to know moreso what you're going for.  We can simply give you what you need for a support role.  I would say check out globaltechaltas.info and check out the guides and read up on what sounds good to you, and then let us know what you're pointing more towards and maybe we can help you build it. 

I guess overall I want to be mainly Mutation with some heals. I love the idea of the buffs from the mutation, and the dots. Maybe that will help clarify my goal I don't know much about the mututation as I am not in S2 yet, but I did like the look of the sonic and empathetic ones. My question would be to get the most out of mutations how many points should I put in them? As far as a weapon went I was thinking about using the rifle but I don't know how many points to put in it either. My defense is another problem, sense most my points will go into mutation I know I will gimp myself in AU and dodge. I know I could just go and see what I like in game but with limited to no respecs I am trying to plan this out.

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

You do become hated by all factions when you grind the wheel, but to get on the good side you just extra grind the opposing faction of the one you want to be.  Its hard to do, but completely possible.

Ahh, ok. I had heard bad things about trying to grind the wheel and didn't want jokia getting into a position to where he/she was making a character that they later wouldn't enjoy.

THe one thing that worries me is the lack of points in AU and Dodge. The default AU score would allow some armour use, but not near middle upper and upper "tier" armour. As for dodge...whew...I gotta say if there was any skill I would make sure was maxed it'd be this one.

Chavez y Chavez