Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is RO Dead?

npr0npr0 Member Posts: 1

What's the word?

Comments

• twigglytwiggly Member Posts: 47

Not 'dead' dead, but it's population has dwindled to the point where private servers are making more money off of it, i think lol

Do you have the willpower to delete YOUR wow toons? XD

[Retired: WoW, RO, EvE, WaR, AoC, LoTR]

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Unfortunately, private servers hit the game very hard.

• SwiftpainSwiftpain Member Posts: 35

last time I talked to some people I knew in RO, they said they where on a P-server.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

more like ro2

p server is boring went once when i started wow ,men 5 friend playing on private server playing wow 

beurk i lasted 15 minute and went back to wow online in a hurry

• lawrence620lawrence620 Member Posts: 4

not dead, not even starting to die. RO is as alive as ever and getting even more updates. As we speak, there's already a development going on for jobs after trans! (cant wait for Royal Guard)

it IS true that private servers are booming but if you look at it, there's still quite alot of RO players in both private and public so i cant say it's near dying

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Game is not dead, RO has a very dedicated player base.

um not sure about the offcial free server though,

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• bimhobimho Member Posts: 10

Actually, RO is one of the longest running games that I have known. Even now many still play RO. If you include the private servers, there are tons of private servers and many people play in those servers. It's a really die hard game.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

The most exciting changes to happen in RO since its release happens this year.  Its a wide redefining of the game.  It should give the game a few more years, especially now after they gave it a jolt by making the game free2play.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Cleffy

The most exciting changes to happen in RO since its release happens this year.  Its a wide redefining of the game.  It should give the game a few more years, especially now after they gave it a jolt by making the game free2play.

They did not make it free, just added a free server with even more grind than there is.

id rather pay

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

Originally posted by Cleffy

They did not make it free, just added a free server with even more grind than there is.

id rather pay

What Seriously? Thats even more crazy then.

RO is really a good game to me, but only if you remove all the grind. PVP is addictive, since i hate to grind, there is only one way that i can play ragnarok online without the grind and without paying, but i cannot say that word in mmorpg.com or il get banned, but without saying that word, i can say that the server i play is so great, you can hit lvl 99 under a week and you have super high chance to drop items. Yeah, an high rate server and not only that, we can pvp every where we want excluding in the city of prontera. Events made by GM's are really great and if you are a skilled gamer and not a no life grinder, you can be the best pvper just with your own skills as a player that come from DOTA for example.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• AlpheiaAlpheia Member Posts: 3

The grind in the pay server is really too much; I would go crazy doing it. But I think being able to hit lvl 99 in a week ruins the fun...especially for people like me who are not naturally talented at games =P (I was by far the worst lvl 99 when I PvPed). I would prefer like a 12x server where being lvl 99 still gives you significant advantage and means something. It makes the blue foot-halo-thing a nice badge of status too ^_^. 

Welcome to Disaster.

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519
    Originally posted by npr0

What's the word?

It's alive as ever, my friend. Come play.

• smlarrysmlarry Member Posts: 3

its very much alive. there are still fefty on players playing this game specially all movement of this game can mimic my Okore. lol still a fun game specialy on PVP love to kill players.

This discussion has been closed.