Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turbine registration sucks!

Well YES, is TRUE! ...

Short story: After watching trailers, etc regarding this game I`ve sad to myself: why not?..so lets make an account.....

Going to registration page ..until here is ok... filling with data...ok....secure code...done.....agree> yes.,, bla, bla agreement....submit and:

"Your submission contained an error. Please try again. Code: #FTxHSXD8ALE"

Tryed again 4 times with opera and ie: same error ... going to my friends witht different ISP`s ..same kind of stupid error.  The only thing that change is Code: .................  .

So, if turbine are not upgrating fast their registration sistem, soon will close the new opened game !

Stupid solutions has been found (I`ve seached the net) like entering via wap or using a very old version of ie or firefox..cmon, grow up and upgrade registration form! ...

Also same error for Lotr registration form...sucks!!!

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Considering it looks like you live in the Codemasters' distributiion area I'm not surprised you can't register for those games with Turbine.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287

Have you even tried to help yourself?!?!

Read the DDO forums.

Read the other posts about this issue.

Read the blurb from Turbine saying that if you have this problem just contact their support team and they will sort an account and code out for you.

Jeez, man, stop whining!

I had this exact problem, followed the instructions and had an email within 24 hours with my account details and a CD code.

• polikolorpolikolor Member Posts: 2

Really is a shame that companies like this one exist! .... why should I pay for a phone to call in another country a helpdesk which it will say same think like in the website ("use a old version X of firefox/opera/IE")

Lets cut the bull and be serious! THEY SUCK ! - and this first impression count a lot in the eye of a gamer....or just of a simple visitor of site ...so..... even Turbine is old on this business, the have a stupid management!, lazy webmasters and with this kind of team they wanna make money ! ..cmon....

No offense but nobody will play Turbine games if even Turbine himself doesn`t help players to try the game freely!!!! ....

Companies must adapt lighting fast to the new market needs, so they must evolve or die!  Evolution in the market is like in nature - the weakes die!

• phaydeephaydee Member Posts: 36

Sorry to hear you had trouble... On the flip side,  I had no problems registering and am now enjoying a nice F2P game.

• Dr.RockDr.Rock Member Posts: 603

I seem to remember reading somewhere this problem can be caused by a browser/ISP problem, suggestion try a different browser or ISP if you can.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

I think most people are greatfull that people like OP cant get access to the game...

If you search the help forum you will find people with the same issue and solution to it. (and have been posted here several times already)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Ummm, are you sure it's turbine that you need to register with and not codemasters.  I'm not sure exactly where you are from, just noticed you said you in a different country.  Codemasters handles things across the pond.

• drajaicdrajaic Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by polikolor 

So, if turbine are not upgrating fast their registration sistem, soon will close the new opened game !

PEBCAC

• wolftamerwolftamer Member Posts: 29

Not meaning to be mean or troll, but this is how I see this complaint.  You are either too lazy to send an email to Turbine, think the issue is with Turbine and not you (computer or user) assuming it could be, or you just want to get upset about every little thing that upsets you on the internet and needs an audience to listen.

Things can get frustrating, but seriously you sound like it's impossible to do when apparently many others can in some way or another.  I would have to agree they should work at redoing their form or whatever to make it so more can register easily, but if they don't and won't do anything about your issue, then complain and demand a refund.

Otherwise enjoy the game :P

• docwalkerdocwalker Member UncommonPosts: 12

Hi

Just caught this post and had to reply, E-mail turbine???? they never reply . You obviously haven't tried to E-mail them lately and have been playing before Turbine could be too Lazy and be bothered to actually reply to E-mail support.

I concur with the beginning item of this post and deduce that a runner of a prestigious MMO (oops sorry WANNA BE prestigious) should atleast keep up with PC technology. But silver lining and all that , at least there's a game for all the OLD pc's out there seems to be the only way to play the game as far as the above posts are concerned.

CHANGE MY ISP!! you're having a laugh ain't you!!

Backdate my browser LM AO!!

next your gonna tell me i need to drag out my die and paper and little lead figurines!!

Message to the guy that started this post , I wouldnt sweat over this game as even if you actually got to play it (IT AIN'T ALL THAT)

I've played online since 1998 and I have a list of bad MMO's  DDO is on it due to support issues way back when it was first released and when i returned  to try and play it recently.

I recommed Everquest2 , War and WoW to name a few and they all range from 9 pounds sterling a month on average, free mmo's i like are Nine Dragons,Voyage Century they are very good games for free.

• masterofwowmasterofwow Member Posts: 23

i suspect that pol might be a supporter  for codemasters, an agent if bluntly.... talkin all this crap to make people dislike and not even try the game.... LOL.

Take my word for it. IGNORE and ZIP!! ;)

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

i must admit registration for ddo is messed up i still cant tie together my lotro and ddo accts had to make a whole new acct to play ddo and then it would crash after the first time i played it 

• masterofwowmasterofwow Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by joker007mo

i must admit registration for ddo is messed up i still cant tie together my lotro and ddo accts had to make a whole new acct to play ddo and then it would crash after the first time i played it 

yeah about merging accounts... i had that same problem... heh.... i gotta have two separate turbine accounts ... maybe it has something to do with turbine points u think? .... hmmm

Edit* --- yes i have lotro too...

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Yeah, I had to do that as well.  It was odd to say the least to have two accounts for different games by the same company.  Heck, you don't even have to do that if you decide to play another g-potato game.  It was a bit frustrating, but it wasn't the end of the world either.

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Had same problem on 3 different machines with two different ips like month ago, same bout lotro. Just tried it again after founding this thread. No still can't reg. I am not trying it again thx.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by junzo316

Yeah, I had to do that as well.  It was odd to say the least to have two accounts for different games by the same company.  Heck, you don't even have to do that if you decide to play another g-potato game.  It was a bit frustrating, but it wasn't the end of the world either.

Its only for people that had a turbine account before DDO went free to play. New accounts do not have this problem. and all you have to do to add one game, or the other to your account is e-mail support.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Well i don't think it would be better than spellborn anyways...

• GreenWidowGreenWidow Member Posts: 157

Actually it is FAR superior to spellborne.   This game is absolutely fantastic.  It's free.  Everyone should at the very least give it a try.

I am sorry the OP is having problems.  Try reading the forums they explain, in detail, what to do to solve your issue.  Don't give up.  This game is so worth the effort.

It is not just for low end machines either.  The utter lack of good MMO's to play at the moment sent me to DDO.  I am so glad.  The game is wonderful and I have a high end machine.  I have everything kicked up to highest settings and the game looks fantastic.

So much is different about this game, they really got it right.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”The Iron Code"

Originally posted by GreenWidow

Actually it is FAR superior to spellborne.   This game is absolutely fantastic.  It's free.  Everyone should at the very least give it a try.
    I am sorry the OP is having problems.  Try reading the forums they explain, in detail, what to do to solve your issue.  Don't give up.  This game is so worth the effort.
    It is not just for low end machines either.  The utter lack of good MMO's to play at the moment sent me to DDO.  I am so glad.  The game is wonderful and I have a high end machine.  I have everything kicked up to highest settings and the game looks fantastic.

I really don't think u had played spellborn which is fully free not like ddo. 

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Tyrantas

Originally posted by GreenWidow

There is a reason DDO is not fully free. It is better than and has more depth than any Free TO Play I have ever played.

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633
    Originally posted by Tyrantas

Spellborn is free until they get the store worked out. It's also frozen in development limbo.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

yea having two accts isnt the end of the world but i stopped playing ddo when it ran once and just crashes after you log in uninstalled reinstalled same issue so i said forget it and bought city of heros instead

• sam9roket3sam9roket3 Member UncommonPosts: 2

well, you guys seemed to know what you`re doin

so, i had the same problem, but i did have the turbine account setup earlier,

and i had the lotro free trial in it, though i can`t cancel it, but diff. matter,

i requested the free key from DDO, but they never replied to me, and i can`t find it anywhere else,

so, if someone can point me in the right direction for getting the key, i`d appreciate it,

i feel so nubbish for asking help like this, i`m a veteran online player,

but, everyone gets stuck somtimes huh???

thnx in advance, and have a good gaming...

• FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Member Posts: 339
    Originally posted by Papadam

I think most people are greatfull that people like OP cant get access to the game...
    If you search the help forum you will find people with the same issue and solution to it. (and have been posted here several times already)

Heh.  I ws seriously considering trying this game, but if the community is anything like some of the nasty little minded plebs in this topic (great example quoted) I think I'll go for a game with a remnant of a community.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

That's too bad. This is a fantastic game. The cash shop is the best I've ever seen. The items are very affordable unlike any cash shop I've come across. Not only that they give you free points to buy stuff by completing quest. Turbine is leading they way in payment model.

This is coming from someone that despised DDO in its early and later days. The move to ftp is nothing short of genius.