Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calif. May Ban Big TVs

ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

you know i read this on another site and thought it was BS but now i found the news again, WIll this be like the ban the big ass SUV craze?

www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-bigtvs14-2009oct14,0,4908205.story

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
- Lewis Thomas

Comments

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Yet we're still killing whales and cutting down the rain forest. I mean watching a program on Madagascar and most of the forest there has been cut down to make way for farms that grow recyclable material...

Not even any evidence towards man caused global warming.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

There is plenty of evidence.  When you place a temperature gauge in a parking lot, or right next to a generator.  There is a ton of man made global warming

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

California doesn't want to face the reality of Descalinization plants, and Nuclear power plants.  Considering the states population, this would be the most immediate answer to water and electricity shortages.  However, the state would rather spend the money on ad campaigns.

Considering half the state is considered a desert climate, there is plenty of room for Nuclear facilities, and a lobbied for nuclear waste facility.  The state is also borders the Pacific Ocean for 40% of its borders.  Large sections of the ocean are already quardined off by the US government that can be used as Descalinization plants with already heavily installed security.

• logansmomlogansmom Member Posts: 55

i dont know but they have earth quakes over there that can destroy the power plants and the weather moves from west to east so all the fallout would spread all over the us.  i am no expert just was thinking about that.

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by Draq

Originally posted by Varny

Yet we're still killing whales and cutting down the rain forest. I mean watching a program on Madagascar and most of the forest there has been cut down to make way for farms that grow recyclable material...
    Not even any evidence towards man caused global warming.

California can't stop that. Also there is a freaking mountain of evidence that we are having SOME effect on the global climate.

Well Cali can stop that because forests are being cut down because you purchase things that require wood. Also whales are being killed because people ignore the problems with mass fishing, people eat tons of fish and everything has an affect on the eco system.

Tbh I've seen no evidence towards man caused global warming. I've seen evidence pointing to the sun that causes the change in temp. I see lots of evidence pointing towards it's a natural thing where the temp gets hotter and colder like it was alot hotter in the middle ages when they were making wine in London. I see evidence to how little we contribute to CO2 gases and how little that is compared to other green house gases. It's just a Billion dollar industry that the goverment would love to tax everyone for.

Sure we should be more efficient and sure we need to clean up our act, however this whole man cuased global warming thing is just a smoke screen to make everyone feel better and ignore the real problems.

Heres a tip.

Buy from your local farmer or fishermen because that is sustainable and then they'll make more money so theres more farmers and animals arn't being treated so bad so we can get enough meat to the super markets. It's a waste so much of that meat ends up being chucked because people just don't buy it all and eat it all.

Instead of buying tables made out of wood, use a material that doesn't require the forest to be cut down and animals to die out.

Dunno why people have a go at Nuclear power anyways it's much better than most other power sources.... it just has to be handled correctly.