Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a newer PvP game..

MetallicStarMetallicStar Member Posts: 1

Hey everyone,

I've been playing mabinogi for a couple of weeks now,and started out pretty excited but I've discovered that the community seems some what "Tight nit".I started playing at launch though I never really tried to get in to it until now, and I'm now paying for it because I'm a lower Level and because of the way mabinogi works it would take for ever and alot of money to get to the same point as everyone else..

But anyway to the point...I'd love to find a game that is newer or in beta where finding a guild isn't to hard.I have been playing by myself for a while now(Ever since I quit SWG for being so dead) and REALLY miss the sense of a community.I miss team work,group PvP,Instances and all of that.Though not to say I do enjoy games that offer solo elements,I don't want to have to be grouped 24/7 for every little thing I do.

I'd love a game that offers some form of RvR maybe, or I've never tried a open PvP game but would certainly be opened minded to it.I love sand boxes but also do like the standard Themepark style MMO.

Anyway the most important aspect I'd say I'm looking for is a game where finding people to play with isn't hard,and also would love it to have a cohesive PvP system.(Also please don't suggest WoW or Aion,because I've already been through that mess.)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Open PvP:

Darkfall

Mortal Online

Face of Mankind

Roma Victor

EvE

RvR:

Warhammer Online

Shaiya

Regnum

RealmLords

• TsujinsonTsujinson Member Posts: 9

One not mentioned in the list was AION. This MMO is new and PvP battles are huge along with 1 on 1 battles also.

The RvR is also very good. Combined with the rendering of the graphics and awesome community "on both sides" Its a win win.

LOTRO, GW, FFXI, RS, EVE, AION, AOC, WHO, FE,

• TaiphozTaiphoz Member UncommonPosts: 353

It's not out yet but Jumpgate Evolution when it launches will be a viable twitch based space combat MMO, and well worth checking out.

Originally posted by Tsujinson

One not mentioned in the list was AION. This MMO is new and PvP battles are huge along with 1 on 1 battles also.
    The RvR is also very good. Combined with the rendering of the graphics and awesome community "on both sides" Its a win win.

Aion's a grind. >.>

And to the guy above me, forgot that one! Vendetta Online is a similar game that's also Open PvP.

• TaiphozTaiphoz Member UncommonPosts: 353

Vendetta isnt a patch on what jumpgate will be.

Originally posted by Yavln

Vendetta isnt a patch on what jumpgate will be.

I never said it was....I just said in the sense that it's a twitch-based open PvP space combat and trading MMORPG, it's similar.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

WAR is a horrible grind and the pvp is nothing more than extremely redundant, same-map, instances over and over and over again which can drive one to sickness.  If you like more grind with a topping of grind, and a side of grind with the same over and over, than this is your game.

Darkfall is nothing more than an empty shell of contentless pixels where those that are playing are hackers and macroers, which puts anyone that actually wants to 'play' such a game at a disadvantage.

EVE is an excellent visual game, but the advantage is to those that have been playing for a year +, and there are tons of those players.   I wasnt a fan of not being able to progress at my own pace or achieve based on my play...you achieve based on a timer for skills so that if you wanted to achieve progressively better skills, the game-play mechanics are such that you have to endure paying this company money while a 9-hour, 24-hour, 96-hour clock ticks away.

• SolarOrbitSolarOrbit Member Posts: 2

redwar is a grind, 2d graphics but its open pvp. you dont have to pay to rock. its going to take you some time to move your way up within the game but in the long run its worth it. To offset the constant grind there are 1.5x xp events and 2x xp events along with very many new and creative events happening. If you cant stand the grind I would not suggest this game.

you may want to check out SUN= soul of the ultimate nation. althoug I myself havent personally played it the graphics look really really nice for a free to play game. you can search youtube for some footage of pvp. from what I hear the game is somewhat akin to WOW and I guess its supposed to be a preety sweet game. It just recently came out of closed beta testing maybe a month ago or so now cant quite recall. I have quite a few friends that love the game.

Originally posted by SolarOrbit 
    you may want to check out SUN= soul of the ultimate nation. althoug I myself havent personally played it the graphics look really really nice for a free to play game. you can search youtube for some footage of pvp. from what I hear the game is somewhat akin to WOW and I guess its supposed to be a preety sweet game. It just recently came out of closed beta testing maybe a month ago or so now cant quite recall. I have quite a few friends that love the game.

I heard it bordered on hack n slash which is nothing akin to WoW...

After watching my girlfriend play, it looked a bit like a solo version of Sword of the New World's combat...