Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game still active?

GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

err alive, that is?? Any servers that are populated at the moment? 

I'm contemplating on doing a trial.

Comments

• warmen_faithwarmen_faith Member Posts: 90

Yes lot's of people still play EQ2. Go with Antonia Bayle always people playing.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I play on najena and we have a good population.  In the evening I can log on and be in a pickup TSO dungeon group in probably less then 15 minutes on average.    Course I can log on anytime and pretty much pull together a guild group or at least a few people and start on something.  The key is to get a good guild.  And don't expect the lower levels to be bustling with people.  You progress through them fast and there just aren't a ton of newbies starting every day.

I think the best starting areas are the knumark area, darklight, and fey areas.

---
    Ethion

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Honestly, I'm fighting an almighty strong temptation to say something rude when I see yet another of these. The last thread on this topic is only one screen back.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Obviously yes.

• Ek@nEk@n Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by wh0astar

err alive, that is?? Any servers that are populated at the moment? 

I'm contemplating on doing a trial.

Uhm hehe yes, of corse it is....you think they run empty servers? :)

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by warmen_faith

Yes lot's of people still play EQ2. Go with Antonia Bayle always people playing.

No not Antonia Bayle please! That server is already lagging to death, because it's way overcrowded with people.

There are plenty of other servers with good decent populations!

So stop advertising to people to roll Antonia Bayle!!

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

Ab is possibly the only server that doesnt need more people on it lots of room on other servers..lots.

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

Still need a server to play on, with good population.

I refuse to play on Antonia Bayle. I'm not a roleplayer ;) 

Any suggestions?

So I picked Everfrost but it's quite empty.. Now I can't find the server list to get back to on Logon screen. Where is it?

• sgleosgleo Member Posts: 3

when you create a charc, you select the server for it, you dont choose a server and log on the charc.

also, it might be empty in the lower levels cause most of the people are much higher levels and people are not really hanging in town with the implementation of guild hall i guess.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

If you want PVP go Nagafen, they just merged Venekor with Nagafen and the population is up which has increased pvp at all hours of the day, its been a blast. Also before doing this merge, it seems there were some hardware issues or something with the host for Nagafen, but they upgraded everything and it is now running on the best hardware of any of the servers.

Originally posted by sgleo

when you create a charc, you select the server for it, you dont choose a server and log on the charc.
    also, it might be empty in the lower levels cause most of the people are much higher levels and people are not really hanging in town with the implementation of guild hall i guess.

Oooh thanks. I didn't realize that it's there after character creation, oops ;) 

Yeah, I noticed it's empty on most servers so I guess it doesn't matter which server to pick. They're not keen on guild halls? 

Originally posted by kaiser3282

If you want PVP go Nagafen, they just merged Venekor with Nagafen and the population is up which has increased pvp at all hours of the day, its been a blast. Also before doing this merge, it seems there were some hardware issues or something with the host for Nagafen, but they upgraded everything and it is now running on the best hardware of any of the servers.

Well I'd rather pvp in bg's instead of out in the open world worrying I'd be ganked while I gather or do quests ;) 

• zunarnzunarn Member CommonPosts: 97

If you don't play in the pvp server, the pve servers dont really have pvp on them except for duels and you can go to arena's to duel also but thats it. The game got a lot to offer though even if its just all pve. If you love crafting and housing, you're going to enjoy this game. I play in Antonia Bayle, holler if you play at my server which has some rp'ers on it and I'll help you out.  

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by wh0astar

Originally posted by sgleo

Oooh thanks. I didn't realize that it's there after character creation, oops ;) 

Yeah, I noticed it's empty on most servers so I guess it doesn't matter which server to pick. They're not keen on guild halls? 

Not sure what you mean about not keen on guild halls.  Everyone loves there guild halls.  Make a character on najena and let me know when you are logged in and I'll show you a guild hall.  :)

Of you can just go to a guild hall right click on the door and select visit.  Select a name from the list and you can enter a guild hall and wander around.  What people have done with these guild halls is completely amazing.  My guild leader is nuts I think he plays eq2 just to decorate the guild hall :P

---
    Ethion

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

The downside of the guild halls is that they kill the community.  When you pack all of a city's functionality into the hall, the guildies use the hall and let the city die.

• DactylDactyl Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by CasualMaker

The downside of the guild halls is that they kill the community.  When you pack all of a city's functionality into the hall, the guildies use the hall and let the city die.

This is what I've noticed during my trial account time.  The whole guild hall feature seems to be something that sorta backfired.

I'll be picking up my lvl 20 inquisitor on Permafrost if my Complete Collection box ever frigging gets here.  Retail boxes FTL

stuff and things