Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG gets a new Lead Designer

TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Loche announced he was moving on to DCUO today and that Fiasco would be replacing him as the Lead Designer for SWG. Losing Loche is a big blow to the SWG community and anyone who knew him - he was one hell of a Developer and every problem/issue I ever had that I brought to his attention, he fixed quickly, correctly and handled it very professionally. DC is very fortunate to get him.

Fiasco I have very little knowledge of. He's been there a long time, worked on the Chronicles system and...Ewok Love Fest (lets assume he had no choice ;) )...has 53 posts since 2003 and seems to go in 3-month increments. I'm sure he'll be great though.

I do, however, have to worry about the dwindling staff for this game. As far as I know, the only people left (Devs) are: Adeptstrain, Fiasco, Teesquared, HanseSOE, and Jaskell. 5 devs isn't a lot with the problems this game has. But I wish them all the best of luck...they have a helluva mess to clean-up IMO.

Comments

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

If  his name does not start with Ralp and end with Koster I really do not care. :P 

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Zeppelin4

If  his name does not start with Ralp and end with Koster I really do not care. :P 

LOL :) Perhaps he could apply?! They seem to have some openings?!

• Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568

SW:TOR anounces beta.  SWG loses another Dev.

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386
    Originally posted by Esquire1980

Whoa I missed the beta announcement. Got a link for that?

Originally posted by Murashu

Announces beta sign ups, on the TOR website.

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221

it is clear and safe to say that the nge is now dead and once again all of us vets are right it never should have been changed to the cu and nge

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

Originally posted by Murashu

Announces beta sign ups, on the TOR website.

Not beta, game testing, totally different things. There is a post on the SW:TOR forums explaining the difference, and this is pretty old news. I think sign-ups went up 1-2 months ago.

• jokergulfjokergulf Member Posts: 71

His name, IMO,  kinda represents the current SWG situation.

...a tad touch of irony =D

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Not going to do SWG any good. Sony has already ruined the rep for SWG, and it will never regain its footing.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by stillkillin

it is clear and safe to say that the nge is now dead and once again all of us vets are right it never should have been changed to the cu and nge

No shit, sherlock. I think about 99% of the current players know that. Thanks for taking the bold stance.

BTW, haven't you been saying the "NGE is now dead" for about four years now?

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• Minion552Minion552 Member Posts: 67

The only thing they could ever do to make SWG even a contender again to be an OK game is take it back to the way it was. SOE has said time and time again they cant they lost the code its over no way it will happen ect ect.  So with that said I can see SWG by this time next year offline for good.

I really loved SWG but I am not going to pump any money into a game to boost thier numbers a bit just for it to fail it would be like giving a homeless guy 5 bucks he is just going to buy booze with it anyways so whats the point.

The only thing they could ever do is fire you know who take him out side burn him from a stake video tape it put it on PPV I would pay to watch him burn in a fire wile eating popcorn wearing a I saw Smedley Die T- shirt.  That would be justice in my opinion

Originally posted by kobie173

No shit, sherlock. I think about 99% of the current players know that. Thanks for taking the bold stance.

Sorry Kobie.  I, for 1, took no pleasure watching Kauri go down.  Kind of a surreal moment and all I thought was that it didn't have to be.  I actually re-subed  my main account to see it go.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by stillkillin it is clear and safe to say that the nge is now dead and once again all of us vets are right it never should have been changed to the cu and nge

Sorry Kobie.  I, for 1, took no pleasure watching Kauri go down.  Kind of a surreal moment and all I thought was that it didn't have to be.  I actually re-subed  my main account to see it go.

Kobie, Muahahaha Now to the point that I made on Fringe - I applaud Loche in his cockroach survival of the CU and the NGE but I would wonder since he was around since the beginning of SWG would he have an idea of the alleged lost code of the Pre Cu?

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by jokergulf

His name, IMO,  kinda represents the current SWG situation.
    ...a tad touch of irony =D

Lead dev on SWG is now Fiasco lol.  Now that is damn ironic ^_^.  Good eye.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

they should just replace the design team with a firing squad. just because you put a turd in a dress doesn't make it pretty. It's just a turd wearing a dress.

• HardlinemonkHardlinemonk Member Posts: 67

ok guys lets all send him hate mail until this new dev brings back pre-cu

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by Hardlinemonk

ok guys lets all send him hate mail until this new dev brings back pre-cu

Heh, as far as I can tell, a lot of the developers have strongly opposed things like the CU, the NGE etc..  Some left SOE over it under various circumstances, others asked to be transferred to other projects according to Dan Rubenfield. 

On the other hand, some did agree to "build a toilet in the living room" (one dev's metaphor for the NGE)  just because the boss ordered it.  Others suggested the living room toilet in the first place, claiming that it would somehow save the game.  Those devs, few though they may be, I do think contributed to the problem.  

By and large though, the developers don't seem to be steering this ship.  It seems to be run by marketting and management; and imo run poorly.

• HardlinemonkHardlinemonk Member Posts: 67

I'd be willing to bet if they brought it pre-cu back, and had a graphics/animation update there would be more subscribers to the game compared to what they have now. Isn't it sad I'm still not over it ugh...

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

How many will that make for the game so far i lost count?

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by Mathos

How many will that make for the game so fat i lost count?

Its got to be the Dev that draws the short straw, no one wants lead Dev on a game that isnt supported anymore.  

Looks like there is another casualty;  Posted on the O-Boards by ShelbyF

"Kristie is leaving.

Loche is almost gone.

Not much of a team left to do anything but keep the ship afloat now. Any new dev they hire will be green as grass and several months away from doing anything.

No matter how they swing this.. the SWG crew is phasing down to 'maintenance' mode.

Full updates.. as predicted.. probably out the window forever now. Tweaks are likely months away.. if not years... and bug fixes alone could keep this side of Dev team busy.

Its not encouraging."

Hmmm, TOR didn't even do anything this time.  Maybe a personal bail.

"Kristie is leaving.

Loche is almost gone.
    Not much of a team left to do anything but keep the ship afloat now. Any new dev they hire will be green as grass and several months away from doing anything.
    No matter how they swing this.. the SWG crew is phasing down to 'maintenance' mode.
    Full updates.. as predicted.. probably out the window forever now. Tweaks are likely months away.. if not years... and bug fixes alone could keep this side of Dev team busy.
    Its not encouraging."

if the devs want to save their jobs and save swg there is only one thing they can do now to save the game

a full rollback to the pre-cu

it is clear and must be made clear to all that this is the only way to save swg and bring back what was once the shining gem of the mmo world that if it had been fixed would have been pulling in wow numbers in no time

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

"Kristie is leaving.

Loche is almost gone.
    Its not encouraging."

More like they are phasing down to lights out lol.

• j1flawj1flaw Member Posts: 131

I feel like the developers are dropping like flies... I'm sure there are more than 5 devs on SWG, but there's still a lot of empty holes. They are not looking to fill those holes either from what I see. They did bring up a dev to take care of the Build and Release aspect of things, but beyond that, I see no new hires at Austin... Heck they even cut down the CR team! They used to ALWAYS have 2 people, now it's just Draakull with no anticipation of having another rep.

If I said it didn't worry me I'd be lying, but I know that Fiasco, TT, and AdeptStrain are good developers and can get the job done. The only question I have is how long until they're burned out or move on as well? I hate saying this but I feel like it's moving closer and closer to MxO where the devs start falling off one by one until no one is left.

This discussion has been closed.