Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First-time Internet Use Alters Activity in Older Brains

ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

First-time Internet use alters activity in older brains

"As the brain ages, a number of structural and functional changes occur, including atrophy, or decay, reductions in cell activity and increases in complex things like deposits of amyloid plaques and tau tangles, which can impact cognitive function.

Research has shown that mental stimulation similar to the stimulation that occurs in individuals who frequently use the Internet may affect the efficiency of cognitive processing and alter the way the brain encodes new information."

Glad i use the net a lot >.> hehe.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
- Lewis Thomas

Comments

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by Scalebane

So, masturbating to online pr0n helps the brain?

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    Originally posted by Dekron

So, masturbating to online pr0n helps the brain?

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• dynamo122dynamo122 Member Posts: 162

Awesome. Now to find some fap material...

• ChealarChealar Member Posts: 268

Er, you didn't say if using internet alter the brain in a positive or negative way...? It would change completely the information!

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

First-time Internet use alters activity in older brains

"As the brain ages, a number of structural and functional changes occur, including atrophy, or decay, reductions in cell activity and increases in complex things like deposits of amyloid plaques and tau tangles, which can impact cognitive function.
    Research has shown that mental stimulation similar to the stimulation that occurs in individuals who frequently use the Internet may affect the efficiency of cognitive processing and alter the way the brain encodes new information."

lQQk's like the p0Rll spam actually has a useful purpose!

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

lol i love how this defaulted to pron usuage...lmao

- Lewis Thomas

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

lol i love how this defaulted to pron usuage...lmao

Oh come on... you were thinking it yourself.  You just didn't want to say anything.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• PyrichPyrich Member Posts: 1,040

I see the words stimulation and internet use alot.  Wonder where the first place i should go with this...

hmmmm

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by Pyrich

I see the words stimulation and internet use alot.  Wonder where the first place i should go with this...

hmmmm

Disneyland Website!

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by Lexin

hmmmm

Disneyland Website!

candyland

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by Dekron

Originally posted by Lexin

hmmmm

Disneyland Website!

candyland

maryland

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.