Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potential New Player has a few questions

SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

Greetings,

I have played 75% of the MMOs out since UO and I have now turned my interest to this game. I never played EQ so I do not know what to expect from the sequel.

Some answers to a few questions would be greatly appreciated, since I am completely new to this game:

1. Which server has a good population between the times of 6pm and 12:00 midnight (CST) ?

2. Which starter area is the busiest for a new soloer?

3. I intend to solo alot at first, because I want to learn my class before getting into groups. Eventually, I will look for a guild, and so I am interested in knowing of any guilds that are willing to take on a new player. I am  not looking for someone to give me items and power-level me, but i would appreciate a group of people who are mostly drama-free and patient with newbies and their questions.  For the right guild, the server and time are less relevant.

Comments

• ArbedeArbede Member UncommonPosts: 19

Antonio Bayle... always crowded.. cuz both euro and us ppl preferring it highly..

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Antonio Bayle is the highest pop server. As for starter area I choose the good city which is Qeynos.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Well as has been pointed out in several posts before AB is overcrowded and the server lag is annoying, there are several other servers with a good population, Najena (the unofficial Pacific server), Guk (the raid server) and Unrest and Crushbone. But I would suggest to make some toons on different servers and check if you find one you like. The two most popular starting areas are Darklight Woods and Timorous Deep. I would start my first toon on either of the Newbie Isles as that tutorial is very good if you are unfamiliar with the game. The quests in both Queynos and Freeport from level 8 and up are very good from a storyline point of view even if the equipment gained from them are not so good.

And DO travel back to Q or FP and visit your races mentor and do those quests as they are fun.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Ok, how do you get gear in this game? My Zerker is LV 13 now and is still wearing the top plate armor sold in the shops which is level 10 Iron Plate. Where do I get new Armor?

• MallarkyMallarky Member Posts: 73

FOr armor you can used the armor you get from quests, which usually isn't to good, or get some MAstercrafted armor from a player.  TO do this though you need t harvest one rare for each piece of armor (ore= chain, plate/  pelts = leather / roots = cloth) and than find a player to make it for you.  MC armor is the best available during the lower levels and is available every 10 levels starting at 12, than 22, 32, etc.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Well usually you level so fast that you should not put too much time into looking for new armor, the stuff you get from questing is usually good enough for solo play and groups. But if you have problems surviving as a zerker updating your equipment is usually the way to go. Look on the Broker for armor (the broker is in the tradeskill instance in all suburbs and has a regular store in the districts) low level armor is usually expensive but if you shop around you will find something suitable. At level 20 the armor quests will be available they are mostly solo but you may need help occasionally in Queynos the plate quests is given by Ian Calthan in Queynos Harbor. The armor quest takes you to high 20s and is also good looking. If is is worthwhile doing is debatable but as new to EQ2 I would recommend it as you will see some places you would not go to otherwise. It is also good to finish up those old Antonica quests at the same time.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

In addition to Mastercrafted armor, you can get Handcrafted gear on the broker.  It is also player-made, and available at levels 10, 20, etc.  It is comparable in basic protection to what vendors sell, I think, plus it has some minor extras.  Sometimes it can be gotten very cheaply, as when an Outfitter is grinding it out to advance crafting level and puts it on the Broker for a handful of silver (better than the handful of copper a vendor would pay him for it).