Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a new Ultima game in the making?

OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

I'm following Paul Barnett (WAR Creative director) on Twitter, and the last month He's been twittering on about how he has been playing ultima games.

Yesterday he even twittered about hoping to meet Richard Garriot.

http://twitter.com/thatbarnettblok

Comments

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

If I remember right an asian company got a contract to make another online game on the Ultima franchise.

Someone posted the link

http://www.warcry.com/news/view/93321-Ultima-Online-EA-NetDragon-Set-to-Revive-UO

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Originally posted by Vinterkrig

yay another asian game ;|

rough estimates say UO has about 135k subs of which 70k are japanese 25k koreans and a few k are chinese(one source is wikipedia and another site i forget the name).This basically means about 75% are Asians of the current subs with japanese alone been over 50%.

So my guess is that  an Asian style UO might be more commerically viable .

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

It wont be a "new game" it will be same ol UO pimped by an Asian company.

• Redfalcon351Redfalcon351 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by hercules 

rough estimates say UO has about 135k subs of which 70k are japanese 25k koreans and a few k are chinese(one source is wikipedia and another site i forget the name).This basically means about 75% are Asians of the current subs with japanese alone been over 50%.
    So my guess is that  an Asian style UO might be more commerically viable .

So what you are saying is about 100k subs to the farmers/gold sellers all trying to sell the the 35k that live in NA?

Personally I wouldn't hold my breath on the idea of another UO. We have seen already two failed attempts at this. Even if we did see a new release it would probibly turn into a level/quest grind. Doubtfully it would resemble the UO we all once played besides the names.