Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition wait times

evilzucchinievilzucchini Member Posts: 66

Any idea how long I should wait for responses to petitions before re-petitioning?

Quick summary of my position.

I downloaded a trial of eve a LONG time ago, probably like 2 years.  Didn't particularly like it and didn't have much time to play so I just let it expire.  23 days ago I decided to give it another go, downloaded the trial through Steam and ended up enjoying it.  So when the "buy eve" thing came up when I closed the game, I bought it without much thought.  However, it purchased it for my OLD account.  I can't remember much about the old account other than the email address.

So I petitioned them about this to switch the account.  Within 1.5 hours they responded asking for additional information to prove I owned the other account.  I sent it back immediately and now it is has been almost 24 hours since I sent them back the information and still nothing.

Is this usual?  It is stopping me from playing the game, so I thought the triage system would make me a high priority and figured they would get back to me sooner.

Thanks for any information.

Comments

• colddogcolddog Member Posts: 173

Call them by phone. Problem solved.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

I'd give it one more day then call their customer support.

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

First thing, CCP doesn't have a customer support phoneline.

Petitions in EVE can take a while, but the longest wait is usually waiting for the first response and in lower priority categories. They picked up your ticket in less than 2 hours, but I can't say why they haven't replied the second time. Perhaps its a technical issue with restoring the accounts?

Anyway, my advise is like the above - give it another 24 hours. If you haven't heard back from them send them an email. I believe a good place to start would be [email protected]. Be sure to add the petition number as well and a copy of the correspondence so far.

//insert sig here
  • evilzucchinievilzucchini Member Posts: 66

Thanks for the advice.

I guess I will just have to be without a fix for a little while longer.  What game should I play tonight then if they don't get back to me?

• McgreagMcgreag Member UncommonPosts: 495

What ever you do don't make another petition, that will just things take longer.

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."