Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surprise Find?

RussariaRussaria Member Posts: 42

Owning all the Heroes Of Might and Magic games and being a long time fan since they came out. I was quite thrilled to find this little game. Anyone who is a fan of HOMM and wished to see it in an MMO atmosphere will enjoy this game very much. Very nice HOMM graphics and very familiar gameplay.  I predict this one will take quite a bit of  my leisure time. The graphics are very nice, gameplay seems to be coming together nicely, and hopefully if they stay true to a good balance between PVE and PVP aspects there is ample room for both types of players. So I urge anyone who's ever enjoyed HOMM to give this one a try.

Comments

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

I strongly agree. 

Any HMM fan would be delighted with this game. Not quite the same gameplay but extremely similar. Plus its a browser game so you can enjoy it at work (like I do). Its not time consuming, as buildings take time to complete, troops to train and spell to research. And if you're too lazy to level your hero by battling mobs, you can appoint him Castellan (sorta castle defense role) and he'll get XP with each building / upgrade / research / training you do. I`m now level 16 with little to no battles under my belt. 

Plus you get:

- Some basic tasks at the beginning, to familiarize yourself with the game

- Daily quests (tasks)

- Newbie protection - about 120 hours or until you reach 2200 'fame'.

- Daily 'gifts' - basic items from the shop.

- Guilds and guild standings, ranks, the works.

- A very cool 'Find' system to search for items / resources / artefacts / castles / misc. things on the map.

Overall, 8.5/10 - a great game and a very pleasant surprise, very polished for a beta. They're still fixing and tweaking the game, but the devs are great, they respond to all questions and concerns on the official forums and, as far as I could see, are pretty prone to accepting suggestions from players. The community... some braindead kids here and there spewing braincrap on general chat, but most of the people are friendly and helpful.

Definitely try this game! I`m very curious about what the  'VIP' will mean for the ones who will opt for this (not implemented yet).

/R.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Wow sold! I just grabbed a beta key, like I always do when I see an offer up, and hadn't had time to look into the game much. Being an old school PC gamer I have very fond memories of hundreds of lost hours with the various HoMM games. I'll have to pay special attention to HoG then... 8)

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Cash shop..

I found more enjoyment in Kings Bounty.

The game revolves around timers. Time = T-minus 30 mins for new building, get new task, T-minus 10 mins and so on - fed up of waiting? then buy some time cards and reduce that wait for $$$.

Not a bad game but it was cleverly designed, from the concept, to the GUI to have that cash shop at your finger tips..

• Scott_MillerScott_Miller Member Posts: 8

Thanks for the kind words everyone :) Heroes of Gaia has been very well received and I am really looking forward to the start of open beta later this month.

-Scott

Scott Miller

General Manager

Snail Games USA

*edit to type my name properly :P

• Scott_MillerScott_Miller Member Posts: 8

Just a FYI... Open Beta will start on Tuesday.

-Scott

Scott Miller

General Manager

Snail Games USA