Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FINALLY A GREAT FREE GAME! PvP & PvE Servers HAVE COMMUNITIES & GUILDS GROWING

Yes that's right Acclaim has decided to make this game 100% FREE while they redevelop it to be F2P in 2010. This means no level cap, no limitations all content and everything free...

All I have to Say is SHUT UP & LEVEL UP its a premium game for Free enjoy it and learn the combat system because once you do you will love this game.

FYI
the game is far from dead there's lots of people running around but not so much in the starter areas everyone is spread out and leveling up as quick as possible. The servers are stable and seem to be smooth for now, but the population is growing now the game is free. See you on the PvP server...

Here's the link to download the game http://spellborn.acclaim.com/downloads.html

Comments

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Yeah right, but nevermind the fact that you can't login... It just says "logging in..."  for bout 5mins until u get " disconnected from server". 

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229

I haven't had any issues logging in.  I just recently started playing this game and loving it so far.  Very fresh and fun.

Don't know what the problem was, but it got solved, looks like pretty good game so far.

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

I would love to play this game again but when i try to start it the window just dissapears leaving me with my desktop.  The game just wont start.  Any Ideas on how I can fix this?  I posted on thier forums but still no answer Looks like the game isnt as alive as I had hoped.

• TenkicksTenkicks Member Posts: 11

Downloading now. I have a huge aversion to paying for games since my attention span is about 1 week long, very excited to see this go F2P.

At the same time, it's a shame that what looks like a great game couldn't make any money for the producers, But their loss is our gain i suppose.

Good form by Acclaim making it F2P instead of simply RAGEQUIT the market.

• razerblade29razerblade29 Member UncommonPosts: 230

I just logged in and it turns out i have my old low level charecters from beta. :)

• WootsonWootson Member Posts: 64

Downloaded and installed it today. Sorry to say, but it was a real disappointment for me. It felt like a really weird game (the environment). Above all it was a total system hog. I had like 5 FPS and there was almost nothing worth mentioning on the screen. In some areas it performed very well, but overall it was a complete slideshow disaster.

Some nice ideas though! Seems like they wanted to try something new, but couldn't finish it in time.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

I suppose it's worth a try... downloading as I  type...

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

I guess I'll give this a shot as well. I like the style and artwork of the game. We'll see what gameplay is like in a bit.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

It's way to good to be f2p, i wonder what will happen with this game in future.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

This is better than I expected it to be. I like the style and feel of the game. Combat is different, not sure how I feel about it yet.

I saw quite a few people on in the newb areas, so there are others giving it a go or rerolling. Since this is free, I'll probably keep it and play it whenever Ryzom pisses me off.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN