Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons for not buying this game (Big Ifs and stuff)

Comments

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by Hauken
    Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Originally posted by Sabiancym

Originally posted by Moirae

Not again. Look, if you don't want to buy it then don't, but only idiots go by unsubstantiated rumor like you are. We know very little about the game, so you really need to get over the "jumping the gun" mentality and BLOODY WAIT.

Because they have their Bioware fanboi hats on.

Honestly...you kinda have to be an idiot NOT to have a Bioware fanboi hat on.
    They've earned it. Besides it's chic and stylish and keeps your head warm during these cold winter days.

Personally im a huge fan of Bioware. KOTOR is one of the best games ive ever played. They have a good reputation for making polished games. But this is their first MMO and thats a whole new ballgame...

Ya so I hear. I guess I just don't buy that an MMO is so radically different from any other genre of video games that proven skill-sets aren't transferable.

Bioware makes great video games.
    MMOs are video games.
    Ergo...well, you get the idea.

• whpshwhpsh Member Posts: 199

Not again. Look, if you don't want to buy it then don't, but only idiots go by unsubstantiated rumor like you are. We know very little about the game, so you really need to get over the "jumping the gun" mentality and BLOODY WAIT.

They've earned it. Besides it's chic and stylish and keeps your head warm during these cold winter days.

Personally im a huge fan of Bioware. KOTOR is one of the best games ive ever played. They have a good reputation for making polished games. But this is their first MMO and thats a whole new ballgame...

Ya so I hear. I guess I just don't buy that an MMO is so radically different from any other genre of video games that proven skill-sets aren't transferable.

MMOs are video games.

I poop.

A diamonds is compressed carbon formed from anaerobic decomposition of buried organisms that has been heated over millions of years.

Ergo ... I poop diamonds?

No. I poop sh*t just like everybody else.

Or a more child friendly version:

Mythic makes Dark Age of Camelot, one of the best RvR games in the history of MMOs.

Mythic makes Warhammer Online

Ergo ... Warhammer Online is the best RvR game in the history of MMOs

In logic, it's called a fallacy. Affirming the Consequence or something like that. Other errors might apply as well. Never bust out latin without a 100% perfect post.

• benmou13benmou13 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by thexrated

Originally posted by benmou13

It clearly states "Game store" in the terms and conditions anything else is assumption because nothing has been stated your not saying fact your saying what everyone believes to be, and people think of some pretty radical things. Game store says to me cash shop for p2p games call it whatever they like its still a cash shop for a p2p game.
    Sheep in wolves clothing ;)

Where does it "clearly" state that there will be a game store? I would very much like to see it. You just making it up, right?

Here is a link for the main article that started the rumors: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56292

In the article, he talks about mid-session microtransactions and elaborates them as "Other "mid-session" EA titles include FIFA Online and NBA Street. These games are either provided for free, or for a nominal charge, and are then supported by further microtransactions--small payments in exchange for services or content. "

Regardless of that article. They have since retracted those comments, but the misinformation persists:

http://darthhater.com/2009/09/14/misinformation-on-microtransactions/

Blaine Christine: "The bottom line with that is that it’s a total rumor since we haven’t talked about pricing structure or subscription plans at all. So people don’t need to worry about anything if that is a worry – we will do whatever makes sense for the game."

Link to the original TentonHammer interview: http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/74219

(I) You acknowledge and agree that all items acquired for points during the Game Program are non-refundable and non-tradable.

(K) You acknowledge and agree that BWA reserves the right to change/add/remove points rewarded in the Game store at any time and without warning. (M) You acknowledge and agree that points acquired during the Game Program cannot be saved up for or used in the commercial version of the Game.

Tag your it

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

Originally posted by thexrated

It clearly states "Game store" in the terms and conditions anything else is assumption because nothing has been stated your not saying fact your saying what everyone believes to be, and people think of some pretty radical things. Game store says to me cash shop for p2p games call it whatever they like its still a cash shop for a p2p game.
    Sheep in wolves clothing ;)

Where does it "clearly" state that there will be a game store? I would very much like to see it. You just making it up, right?

Here is a link for the main article that started the rumors: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56292

In the article, he talks about mid-session microtransactions and elaborates them as "Other "mid-session" EA titles include FIFA Online and NBA Street. These games are either provided for free, or for a nominal charge, and are then supported by further microtransactions--small payments in exchange for services or content. "

Regardless of that article. They have since retracted those comments, but the misinformation persists:

http://darthhater.com/2009/09/14/misinformation-on-microtransactions/

Blaine Christine: "The bottom line with that is that it’s a total rumor since we haven’t talked about pricing structure or subscription plans at all. So people don’t need to worry about anything if that is a worry – we will do whatever makes sense for the game."

Link to the original TentonHammer interview: http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/74219

(I) You acknowledge and agree that all items acquired for points during the Game Program are non-refundable and non-tradable.

(K) You acknowledge and agree that BWA reserves the right to change/add/remove points rewarded in the Game store at any time and without warning. (M) You acknowledge and agree that points acquired during the Game Program cannot be saved up for or used in the commercial version of the Game.

Tag your it

• acidosmosisacidosmosis Member Posts: 11

I highly doubt that Bioware is going to even consider any type of micro-transaction system for items that will benefit players in PVE or PVP (or even cosmetically). I don't mind the cosmetic stuff, but I do mind anything that benefits PVE/PVP. I don't see Bioware as the type of company to ever use this (at least in the next 10 years). Though it is a very profitable system and works very well for some titles.

Originally posted by whpsh

MMOs are video games.

Never bust out latin without a 100% perfect post.

I'm pretty sure my post was in 100% English.

If by chance you saw any Latin in there it's from the shrooms you've been taking.

I suggest you take a look in your poop and go from there.

As for the rest of your drivel I'll simply respond with this: In Bioware We Trust.

As for the imbecilic comparison to Mythic, Mythic made one decent (not amazing) game that never really found widespread success. Bioware has released what is it now 6 smash hit titles (both commercial and critical) not including the expansions to said titles.

Oh ya...clearly they're one in the same and deserve comparison. If you HAD to compare anything (and you DON'T) it would come down to Bioware and Blizzard as they are the most similar in their past histories. And Blizzard knocked it out of the park then came back and bought the park...and the state the park was in.

So ya...move along, these aren't the droids you're looking for.

• saleensaleen Member UncommonPosts: 44

There won't be a game like SWG pre-cu in a long long time.  If that was still around, I would be playing it.  A game that would attract me, would be player economy, open world, in depth crafting/professions/combat, all what pre-cu had.  Now, MMO's become simple 1 2 3 like their made for consoles.   SWTOR, from what I've seen in the video's and walkthroughs, seem's like NGE.  Whatever the case may be, I will try it out, got my hope's up high since I like star wars theme.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Im prolly gonna buy/try this game when it comes out, but there are some reasons that might change my mind...

Heavy instancing
    Lack of open world (SWG Rage of the Wookies kind of worlds)
    RMT. I rufuse to pay extra money to be able to compete in a game.
    Poor crafting system.
    Lack of diversity within classes. No fun beeing exactly like the other smuggler or bounty hunter.

Not much i guess, but that can be enough for me to stay away.

1.) Proof please

2.) Proof please

3.) This is one that many of us will be watching

4.) Proof please

5.) Proof please

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by acidosmosis

I highly doubt that Bioware is going to even consider any type of micro-transaction system for items that will benefit players in PVE or PVP (or even cosmetically). I don't mind the cosmetic stuff, but I do mind anything that benefits PVE/PVP. I don't see Bioware as the type of company to ever use this (at least in the next 10 years). Though it is a very profitable system and works very well for some titles.

I keep see'ng the same line, Bio-ware wouldnt do that, like they will have a choice.   LA already did thier homework over on SWG, they have been experimenting with how far you can push the envelope with micro transactions.    Thier is alot of money to be made with selling in game items.    They have already hidden one aspect, chapters.   You will be buying content in this game.  Its nothing new, buy the super duper box edition and get a in game toy.    LA and Bioware I expect will get creative with sucking $$$ out of you during release and thoughout the life time of this game.

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221

so far me and many of the swg and mmo vets are not looking forward to tor

tor is just going to be a wow clone with laser guns rather then something new and cool or something like pre-cu swg that everyone wants

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by stillkillin
    tor is just going to be a wow clone with laser guns rather then something new and cool or something like pre-cu swg that everyone wants

SWG didnt have a large amount of players, that was why they altered the game completly, to get subscribers to the game..
    It failed ofcourse but that was the reason..

So I do not think that is what everyone wants. I would like it , but thats me !!!

But I'm also curious for this game, Bioware is a great company.

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

I see other idiots claiming it to be the second coming and will be the greatest mmo ever made.  Because they have their Bioware fanboi hats on.

You have a serious reading comprehension problem dude.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by BullseyeArc1

Originally posted by acidosmosis

I keep see'ng the same line, Bio-ware wouldnt do that, like they will have a choice.   LA already did thier homework over on SWG, they have been experimenting with how far you can push the envelope with micro transactions.    Thier is alot of money to be made with selling in game items.    They have already hidden one aspect, chapters.   You will be buying content in this game.  Its nothing new, buy the super duper box edition and get a in game toy.    LA and Bioware I expect will get creative with sucking $$$ out of you during release and thoughout the life time of this game.

First off, I don't expect BioWare or LA to do anything stupid, if LA did their homework they figured out "never  piss off the customer, and if you do, it's best to apologize and not do it again."

Polls on Payment methods:

www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php

www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php

BioWares polls show a large, large gap in P2P and other models. They put these polls up for a reason.

To address the "Game Store", it could mean a number of different things to nothing at all. Let's say it is a RMT, what kind do I find they would go with? Look at Global Agenda, maybe that one. Or, p2p receive the entire game. Free2p with RMT , play for free, you can buy bits of content, or some form of currency to enter certain areas.

I could go on with ideas, but "I" get this is all speculation at this point and understand "game store" could mean many different things or play out in many different ways.

Please don't cry about not getting something new, then asking for something old that failed like Pre-cu. Crybaby Vet forums is ---> way.

• benmou13benmou13 Member Posts: 89

the fact your calling it a wow clone just means no1 will listen to a word you say seeing as wow was ur first mmo because your making out that wow was the first mmo wow did nothing new apart from polish end of story

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

the fact your calling it a wow clone just means no1 will listen to a word you say seeing as wow was ur first mmo because your making out that wow was the first mmo wow did nothing new apart from polish end of story

Semantics. AC clone would be better term, but compared to WoW how many people know or played AC? Not that many, thus it's easier to talk about WoW clones when everyone can understand what it means. His point still stands.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I just love the "this game will fail" variant threads...sigh....

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Fires plunger at Op's butt)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• disownationdisownation Member UncommonPosts: 243

First off, I am really looking forward to this game.

Having said that, I feel BioWare is really going to "hit" or "miss" on this game when it comes to Players. It seems (these days) most players want to quest to end-game as fast as humanly possible. They aren't interested in "Story Telling". They aren't interested in the progress of a character. They don't want adventure or exploration. They want end-game now. And from what I get, this game is huge on telling a story. You can't just accept the quest, kill something and get XP. Your actions have consequences (how big, I do not know) that will affect your game.

So, the fact that you actually have to sit through these cut-scenes, think about them, react to them, and be involved in them - I'm not sure if this will sit well with today's average ADD person who wants to just breeze through thoughtless questing to get to max level. I feel, these people will call the game a failure and they ultimately won't like it.

Anyway, I am hoping for a good story driven game. So far it looks like they are putting alot of thought into it - which I like. Other than that, I am not getting involved in the Hype or Expectations of the game. I think you set yourself up to be let down, if you do. I've watched a few videos and read a few developer's articles. And that's it. The rest I will find out in game when it arrives, heh.

• Ginfress02Ginfress02 Member Posts: 45

Don't worry you and your friends can keep crying while others have their fun gaming. On the other hand you strongly believe world war 3 starts this year so why worry about this game?

Originally posted by Hyanmen

Semantics. AC clone would be better term, but compared to WoW how many people know or played AC? Not that many, thus it's easier to talk about WoW clones when everyone can understand what it means. His point still stands.

His point is he and 3 other people on this Earth want to see a Pre-CU SWG.

Of course it still stands.

Alone.

In a corner.

You can go join them. It's the corner with the shoddy lights and air of depression.

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

I must disagree with benmo13, stillkillin's post only makes him look uneducated.

You cannot and should not speak for "SWG" vets, as I am a SWG vet, and there are also quite a few around these boards that are looking forward to TOR.

This is in NO WAY a WoW clone:

Does WoW let you decide outcomes? I don't think so, everything is scripted one way.

Does WoW let you listen to fully voice glory? I don't think so.

Does WoW have a cover system? I don't think so.

And that's only the innovative things that have been announced so far, expect more (if I missed any please add to my list).

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

When he says "everyone wants", he means "a grand whopping total of 12 people want and will whine and cry every chance they have until they get it".

• Lord_IxiganLord_Ixigan Member Posts: 548
    Originally posted by madeux

Im prolly gonna buy/try this game when it comes out, but there are some reasons that might change my mind...

Heavy instancing
    Lack of open world (SWG Rage of the Wookies kind of worlds)
    RMT. I rufuse to pay extra money to be able to compete in a game.
    Poor crafting system.
    Lack of diversity within classes. No fun beeing exactly like the other smuggler or bounty hunter.

Not much i guess, but that can be enough for me to stay away.

1) Define Heavy.

2) There are open worlds.  For fucks sake, Coruscant is the biggest open world EVER! :)

3) What RMT?  And what makes you think you wouldn't be able to compete without it?

4) What crafting system?  What magical details do you have about it that the rest of us do not?

5) Play your class however you wish.  It's not original, but it's pretty standard in MMO's.

In summary:  I'm glad you won't be playing, because your whiny pessimism will not be missed.

You know what? I would -love- to know through which mystical means you are gathering this information. Who said anything about RMT? Bioware hasn't even mentioned a pricing method yet let alone what 'microtransactions' means to them. Chances are it will just be fluff items that you can grind for in-game if you want to. Or they could scrap it altogether. What crafting? This hasn't even been mentioned yet really.

Class diversity....what insight do you have that we don't? There is still pretty limited information about even the classes that have been confirmed and posted. It's BASIC information.

You need to seriously re-think your entire stance in life if you're this pessimistic. Bioware has been making RPG's longer than you've probably been alive.

Originally posted by mrroboto40

stillkillin's post only makes him look uneducated.

what's new.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

'polish' this, 'polish' that, at this point i dont even know what the fuck that means anymore. wow was great, it was like a awesome store that had the coolest shit and it was expensive and tasteful. but then the zombie epidemic broke out and the place was looted by dumb animals.

i mean, what the fuck, i thought kaelthas was the saviour of the belfs, then we fucking killed him cause, hear this, he "gone crazy" (seems to happen alot with wow villains), and then, no kidding, the fucker came back in zombie form (if you never played wow, i swear this is all true). you see, kaelthas was in league with illidan (who had also gone crazy 10000 years ago) and was at the time of the burning crusade emo'ing it out in his dark castle. so the old races allied themselves with an escaped creature from spore (goat feet, squid tendrils, horns and blue?) and killed all the bad guys.

in the mean time, im good'ol azeroth, arthas was getting ready to mess shit up. he also gone crazy, but it was a different kind of crazy. he added emo to it to forge the ultimate villain. he cut his heart out cause it was 'getting in the way' and decided to kill the entire world.

so why do people keep killing these sad villains? well, they drop purples i guess. they gotta go down.

long rant, i dont even know why i wrote it, i guess i was feeling funny. pay no attention to it.

OK! on topic! if you dont hate star wars and if you kinda like mmos, you know you're gonna try this game so stop kidding yourselves.

Edit-now i know why i made  this joke post, its 2am and im too bored to sleep.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.