Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post from Daeke on the Lifetime/6month Beta access

junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

This was just posted by Daeke on the Champions forums.....

Here's how it is:

I was incorrect when stating that all 6 month/Lifetime subs would be let in before anyone else.

That is the ONLY incorrect information you were given. 6 month/Lifetime subs still have guaranteed access to the beta. We never gave a timeframe (aside from my incorrect statement) for when this would happen. Lifetime and 6 Month players will be consistently let in until they are all in the beta. Alongside, we'll be accepting a few regular applicants, as well as contest winners, friends & family, etc.

I apologize for misleading folks, but as was previously pointed out, my statement was not even made until after the offers were over with. No one here was misled into purchasing a subscription based on the assumption that you'd be the first one into beta, unless you made that assumption up in your head to begin with.

If you have any other questions or comments about STO, I urge you to go over to the STO forums and discuss things there. Stormshade has already posted some comments about this, and will continue to keep everyone updated as beta continues.

Comments

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Daeke has posted yet another statement:

Look, I don't want to get into an argument about this, but I highly doubt anyone who was considering canceling their lifetime subscription only kept it because they thought they'd get into STO beta on Day One Period Exclamation Point. Those players are still being given priority, and will be in Closed Beta long before the vast majority of applicants ever see a hope of getting in. We just don't have the capability to let everyone who bought a Lifetime subscription into Closed Beta yesterday. We'll continually roll out invites as our servers can handle the load. And Lifetime/6 Month players will be among the first to see the game.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

good to hear.  I was getting a bit worried and thought they arent checking if we have a lifetime sub for CO or not.

Thanks for tracking down that post

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by Death1942

good to hear.  I was getting a bit worried and thought they arent checking if we have a lifetime sub for CO or not.

Thanks for tracking down that post

No problem   =)  Was just reading the threads on the subject and came upon them.