Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome Travian!

vladimirSRBvladimirSRB Member Posts: 8

I'm glad i finaly see this game in here :)    It's quite simple but can be very time consuming game,  i could talk alot about her, but for now let's just welcome her to here, and we will get eventualy more topics here soon :)

Btw adding of artifacts in 3.5 version really brought game to a new level, things just got even more interesting and with more options for larger armies, and that this game needed (more options) i hope they will come up with more new things soon :)

I'm just finishing first 3.5 version server in my country, even if our server is weak when compared to com, it will still be fun to see how big impact will artifacts make on end game :)

Comments

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

This game doesn't belong here.

• ArgiderArgider Member Posts: 11

I agree with Gemma.  This game isn't an RPG in any sense of the word.  This site is mmoRPG.com.  This game may be great or terrible depending on who you ask, but it isn't an mmorpg at all.  Why is it here at all? 

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Yeah... lobbying to get it removed.

Seriously MMORPG.com WTF are you thinking?

John Wood (Stradden) did you approve this?  If so, it's time to go.

If not, whomever did approve it needs to go.

If you disagree then I expect Pardus, Nexus War, Urban Dead listed.

Oh wait... they don't advertise here do they?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

I do agree with everyone else, it doesn't belong here. There is so many game like that and they are not listed here, so why is this one?

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• fleblikfleblik Member Posts: 41

I just lost all faith in this site...

Are you gonna start listing the other 100 000 games that are exactly like Travia?

If not, then remove this game.

Epic Fail

My life is a game!

• DemonicGodDemonicGod Member Posts: 3

You guys need to chill out,  so they added a game that you consider not a MMORPG.  What to you makes a MMORPG?  Lets start.  Massive Multiplayer Online,  Okay... Travian has that.   Now RPG,  what do you consider roleplaying?  Maybe to you it might be Final Fantasy or World of Warcraft where you play one or a couple characters,  but who says you can't roleplay as a king who rules an empire or villages in a game like Travian?  You people are getting all riled up about Travian?  Really?  Like saying that people should be fired because there is Travian on this website?  Alright,  I'm done here...  3rd post since 2004!!  That is how much you people RAGED ME!   I don't play Travian by the way...   Just thought the comments about this guys thread were stupid.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597
    Originally posted by DemonicGod

You guys need to chill out,  so they added a game that you consider not a MMORPG.  What to you makes a MMORPG?  Lets start.  Massive Multiplayer Online,  Okay... Travian has that.   Now RPG,  what do you consider roleplaying?  Maybe to you it might be Final Fantasy or World of Warcraft where you play one or a couple characters,  but who says you can't roleplay as a king who rules an empire or villages in a game like Travian?  You people are getting all riled up about Travian?  Really?  Like saying that people should be fired because there is Travian on this website?  Alright,  I'm done here...  3rd post since 2004!!  That is how much you people RAGED ME!   I don't play Travian by the way...   Just thought the comments about this guys thread were stupid.

We have to draw a line at some point, if not lets put all the Facebook games on this site, no wait, lets list Facebook here as a MMO, what? Facebook is a MMORPG, you are playing your life!!! You see people like you raged me. You have teeth, a fork as teeth, does it means you are a fork. Guild Wars is closer to MMO than Trivian and many (even the dev) do not consider GW a MMORPG. Maybe you need to learn the difference.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• zavoliariszavoliaris Member Posts: 1

Ok it doesn't look like the average MMORPG we know but since you have the option to form alliances (guilds, legions, Clans or what ever you call it) you interact with other players (in fact the only way to play it is PvP, you interact with NPCs only in the last phase of each server) and it might seem that you don't take a role (since all are just village and troops owners) but the truth is that everyone take a role in the alliance that will help it to the ultimate goal e.g. rammer, hammer, scout, WW keeper, defensive etc.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385

Come on now.  Roleplaying a king?  Well then I guess we shuold also have Civilization on here too.  OH and Battlefield 1942 too.  Its multi player and I can RPG a soldier.  I mean come on!

• ChelvieChelvie Member UncommonPosts: 29

Travian is a browser-based MMORTS

Straight from the description here on MMORPG.com.  Out with you Travian

• Zorvan01Zorvan01 Member CommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by Gyrus

Yeah... lobbying to get it removed.

Seriously MMORPG.com WTF are you thinking?

John Wood (Stradden) did you approve this?  If so, it's time to go.

If not, whomever did approve it needs to go.
    If you disagree then I expect Pardus, Nexus War, Urban Dead listed.

Oh wait... they don't advertise here do they?

I agree. However, it seems mmorpg.com has changed their rules for being here now. Remember the "no browser games" rule? It's gone. And if you look at the  line I highlighted, now you know why crap like Hellgate: London got listed here. I expect to see Counter Strike and Battlefield here soon.

Does it meet our requirements?

Make sure that the game isn't already on our list. We know that this sounds simple, but there are a lot of them and sometimes they get overlooked.

The game should have the capability to support at least 500 congruent users on a single server. This is not a reflection of the game's current subscriber count, but rather reflects the capabilities of a game's technology.

The game must include some form of common area where players can interact with one another inside of the persistent game world. This excludes lobby and chat room based interaction. Exceptions are made where logical (such as sports MMOs) that still fit within the spirit of what an MMO is.

The game must make use of persistent characters. This means that you should be able to log in after logging out and find your character as advanced as you left them (or more).

The game must contain some form of advancement.

So, what do we need in order to list the game?

When submitting a game to MMORPG.com for review for our Game List, we require the following:

A visual representation of the game

A transparent .psd of your game's logo

A textual overview of your game

A professional website, name of publisher, name of developer, press contact information.

It can also be helpful (but is not required) to provide us with a 1,000 word + developer journal introducing the MMORPG.com readers to your game. Just a general overview of what the game is about and some information about what you feel are the stand-out features of your game.

*A visual representation of the game

3-5 Screenshots: These screenshots must be in-engine, un-doctored screenshots. They must be representative of what a player would see when playing the game.

or

A Gameplay video: The short video does not have to be gameplay only, but should contain a significant and obvious example of un-altered gameplay footage

*Website Requirements

All games to be listed at MMORPG.com must have an active, professional website. The site must be completely free of pop-up ads and spyware.

In the case of an active or in-beta game, the site must also provide access to some kind of user support system including, but not limited to: developer active help / support forums, direct petition system or support contact email.

Exception:

MMORPG.com will occasionally make an exception to the above visual representation rules only if the following conditions are met:

User demand for the game's listing is high enough to warrant the decision (as decided by MMORPG.com staff).

The game is being developed by a professional, well known, registered company.

Personal contact has been made between MMORPG.com editorial staff and the studio in quesiton.

image]image

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Gemma

This game doesn't belong here.

LMAO!!

THIS is a got damn hilarious joke. MMORPG this is the most funnest  I have ever seen posted here.

This is hilarious as hell,

Originally posted by ghost047

Originally posted by DemonicGod

We have to draw a line at some point, if not lets put all the Facebook games on this site, no wait, lets list Facebook here as a MMO, what? Facebook is a MMORPG, you are playing your life!!! You see people like you raged me. You have teeth, a fork as teeth, does it means you are a fork. Guild Wars is closer to MMO than Trivian and many (even the dev) do not consider GW a MMORPG. Maybe you need to learn the difference.

lmaoi!!! you guys are just funny.

Originally posted by Letsinod

Come on now.  Roleplaying a king?  Well then I guess we shuold also have Civilization on here too.  OH and Battlefield 1942 too.  Its multi player and I can RPG a soldier.  I mean come on!

I cant be the only one laughing my as of at this.

• AleeacerixAleeacerix Member UncommonPosts: 12

There can be MMORPG, client based, pay to play based, pay to play monthly based or even browser games, but you cannot have a Browser RTS in a MMORPG website!!!

Anyways, Travian is a okay game. I play with a dual in US speed server x5. It very slow in the regular server, so I prefer to play on speed servers.

The big con about Travian is their forum. People there make you angry whenever you post replays. They are complete trolls who got notting to do, but do there so called business trolling people. And the mods and admins won't help you!

If you add a RTS game in an MMORPG site, we are going to delete it!

• kamotehquekamotehque Member Posts: 19

The game was most fun when I picked a fight with another player and tried to conquer their village. I spent a weekend calculating move and countermove, being bluffed and counterbluffed, and convincing his allies not to attack me. It was fun, and the slow speed of the action (it would take two hours for the units which could damage his defences and convince his citizens to switch sides to reach him) reminded me a little of news reports and made the unfolding fight much more immersive and involving. Most of the tactics ended up boiling down to maths (when do I have to send the powerful cavalry to get them to arrive just before the weak-but-vital catapults?), which I'm geeky enough to enjoy. But not many people are that geeky, and most people probably want to get out at some point during the weekend.