Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 big server?!

vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

So i was looking at some global agenda movies (again) and i stumpled on something,

in this movie with GT-interviewer he says "same server" www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-09-global-agenda/56271 he also says that everyone will be in the same world simultaeniusly (lol spelling >.<). pretty kewl :)

Comments

• epicorepicor Member Posts: 60

Yeah man.  Thats one of the benefits of the instancing system.  There are only 2 servers planned for launch:  one fore all North America, and one for Europe.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by epicor

Yeah man.  Thats one of the benefits of the instancing system.  There are only 2 servers planned for launch:  one fore all North America, and one for Europe.

Indeed. Lots of people seem to have this big gripe against instances and yet one of the big killers for big open pvp battles with hundreds of players on screen at once is the big old nasty lag monster. I expect Global Agenda will run as smooth as butter.

• ZukanZukan Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by neonwire

Indeed. Lots of people seem to have this big gripe against instances and yet one of the big killers for big open pvp battles with hundreds of players on screen at once is the big old nasty lag monster. I expect Global Agenda will run as smooth as butter.

It's been running as smooth as butter since Alpha.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786
    Originally posted by vladakov

So i was looking at some global agenda movies (again) and i stumpled on something,
    in this movie with GT-interviewer he says "same server" www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-09-global-agenda/56271 he also says that everyone will be in the same world simultaeniusly (lol spelling >.<). pretty kewl :)

Everyone will be in the same "World", but on different servers.  They'll be linked instances, with one affecting the other.

Just to be clear, when you log in you won't select a server like on wow or whatever.  You are either NA or EU.  Everyone in NA can search, whisper, group etc.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

i was going to start a thread but i think my question relates to this.

I for one am for the instancing, i played aion the game was terrible whenever there was more then like 30 people on a screen. I was actually curious how global agenda is going to focus on pvp, will it be like classic fps shooter pvp? 8v8 scenarios and what not? i think that would be really cool. 

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

I believe that each hex will hold up to 10 vs 10 but there can be alliance battles across multiple hex's for 60 vs 60.

close, but not quite.  pve (atm) is 4man teams.  matchmade pvp is 10man teams.  ava will be 6 grids up 8-12 man teams.

• Kyus2525Kyus2525 Member Posts: 3

close, but not quite.  pve (atm) is 4man teams.  matchmade pvp is 10man teams.  ava will be 6 grids up 8-12 man teams.

Close but not quite right, the grid battles will be 12v12 except for base raid that will be 8-12 per instance of  60 v 60 teams co ordinated by one person aside who will assign members to squads and can switch during gameplay numbers from one instance to another prioritising areas that are failing and adjusting to attack and defending depending on how ur objectives change.

just thought i'd add that the 8-12 ava base raids will be more than just a standard instance as ur outcome in one instance will directly impact other instances such as disabling shields and defences by holding an objective in one to help your team in others.

Originally posted by Kyus2525

Close but not quite right, the grid battles will be 12v12 except for base raid that will be 8-12 per instance of  60 v 60 teams co ordinated by one person aside who will assign members to squads and can switch during gameplay numbers from one instance to another prioritising areas that are failing and adjusting to attack and defending depending on how ur objectives change.

just thought i'd add that the 8-12 ava base raids will be more than just a standard instance as ur outcome in one instance will directly impact other instances such as disabling shields and defences by holding an objective in one to help your team in others.

where did you see single grids would be 12 players?  i was under the impression it would be smaller teams.

• IccarusIccarus Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Kyus2525

where did you see single grids would be 12 players?  i was under the impression it would be smaller teams.

8-12 for a standard hex map for most ava details currently released check the link http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/339/feature/3604/The-End-Game-Exclusive-Sneak-Peek.html

• Relax06Relax06 Member Posts: 8

Too bad Americans can not play against Europeans. We could do it on Guild Wars. This is probably to avoid the lag.

Snif...

• ibanz85ibanz85 Member Posts: 75

It would be nice to play with international people but I understand it probably would be hard dealing with the lag.

• PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154

After reading about these 8 vs 8 battles, it made me think of the console system inwhich one user acts as a server. Huxley is trying to do that and it's been giving their developers headaches.

nonononono, GA servers are 100% inhouse hosted by HiRez