Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyers bewarned! Trouble ahead......

2»

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

that sucks... tbh i would have went with dell or alienware (same companies now i guess). IBUYPOWER is notorious for bad customer service and computer hardware. Anyways good luck building your computer it really is a nice feeling building your own and booting it up for the first time. Although word of warning, building your own will also come with alot of problems (mostly small). I've had to maintain and tweak something on mine every year.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Have you made sure all your hardware/cables/cards ect are seated and installed correctly?  I build my own PC's but I have heard that during shipping some parts and cables/connections can become loose or out of their socket.

Make sure everything is OK on that end before you send it back.

• ChaswickChaswick Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by Kungaloosh1

I bought a pc from ibuypower a couple years back and had no problems with them.
    It sucks that you got a bum rig, it sounds like the qa tester didn't do their freaking job........

QA? They have no qa. They did back in the day, perhaps when you bought yours. Now they just slap the pieces together and say "Here you go." You are very lucky to get the OS installed when you ask them to do it for you. I've had a few friends and guildies burned by ibuypower and cyberpower over the past couple years.

• ChaswickChaswick Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by Dewm

Well thanks for all the sympathy and help, i've decided to just go ahead and build my own. Deffinitly going to be doing a bit of reading, but I guess thats why I wen't to school :)

Anyways when I decide what build i'm going to go with i'll post it and keep ya'll updated. Thanks again!

Yeah. All you have to do is ask someone knowledgeable to build you one within your budget through Newegg parts and send you the shopping cart. It's the easiest way to pre build a computer. If you want you can tweak it from there. Then when you are ready you just hit order.

• mmofan2112mmofan2112 Member Posts: 38

There is common misconception when people buy pre-made pc's that somehow, they are faster then what you can make yourself. This is simply not true. Every part they use, you can buy yourself (on newegg, or whereever) and save 100's of dollars. These will be the EXACT parts the premades used but at fraction of cost. Also, as OP stated, you do not get better service by buying pre-made. Anyone that has called Dell tech-support and talked to one of their Hindu's can testify to that. 

• AziceAzice Member Posts: 23

For memory problem, your computer will just crash out.  So, it should be a systemboard problem.  You need to check and see if there are newer bios updates for that systemboard.  Otherwise, just ask them to send you a new systemboard.   Kinda late to do that now though....  Next time, just build your own system. It is really easy to build a new system nowdays.  Not like the old time when we had to deal with cpu speed, front bus speed, and voltage  jumpers.  It is really plug and play now. 

Not the best, but always the first.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Originally posted by mmofan2112
     There is common misconception when people buy pre-made pc's that somehow, they are faster then what you can make yourself. This is simply not true. Every part they use, you can buy yourself (on newegg, or whereever) and save 100's of dollars. These will be the EXACT parts the premades used but at fraction of cost. Also, as OP stated, you do not get better service by buying pre-made. Anyone that has called Dell tech-support and talked to one of their Hindu's can testify to that. 

I think the idea is that a prebuilt PC is suppose to be tested and stable, plus you get a warranty/tech support. But the opposite is basically what happens.. it works fine for a while but at least with common PC's the mobo, ram, HD and PSU are cheap, poor quality components that die before your warranty is up. Then tech support charges the shit out of you just to find out you need to pay them to fix your problem on top of that.

So you end up paying more for the components up front that aren't guaranteed to be any more stable than what you coulda thrown together, and then you have to pay more if you want them to fix it afterward.

Someplace like ibuypower.com shouldn't be this way since each component is optionally a brand name piece but there's always a chance of getting a lemon and the advantage of building yourself is you at least only have to deal with RMA for 1 part. But I understand wanting to buy something all ready to go.

• charoscharos Member Posts: 25

Just in case any one alse gets thi problem

Check your PSU voltages (in bois)

Remove ram moduls till you have only one left

p.s. this is a comon problem when MB south brige cant hadle to much ram ;p o yeah you can try to increse voltage on south brige =)