Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions to the members of mmorpg.com

KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I would like to put together a survey of what members of mmorpg.com would want or contribute to for the site. I actually hope Craig sees this because the topics below could make the site a ton better or a ton worse according to the comments of members.

1.Would you visit a gamesurge irc mmorpg.com channel if it was advertised on the front page?

2.Would you sign up for a mailing list that offered news on all mmorpgs. Content would be screenshots, official links, and mmorpg patches/add-on information.

3.Would you donate to the site if Craig put a paypal donate tab on the front page just to contribute to the server costs that Craig must pay? It would never be required but you would probably get a great "Thank you" if you donated. I know that server fees must be in the upper 900s-1000s to cater a forum of this size.

Just quote and answer the survey. Start a flame here and I will personally castrate you. Thanks.

-----------------

--Proud member of Desolation--

LVL 20 Guardian on Befallen

"The Job Of Art Is To Chase Away Ugliness" - Bono

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    1.Would you visit a gamesurge irc mmorpg.com channel if it was advertised on the front page?

Yes.

2.Would you sign up for a mailing list that offered news on all mmorpgs. Content would be screenshots, official links, and mmorpg patches/add-on information.

Yes.

3.Would you donate to the site if Craig put a paypal donate tab on the front page just to contribute to the server costs that Craig must pay? It would never be required but you would probably get a great "Thank you" if you donated. I know that server fees must be in the upper 900s-1000s to cater a forum of this size.

Yes...been suggesting this for a long time.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Originally posted by Kiamde

1.Would you visit a gamesurge irc mmorpg.com channel if it was advertised on the front page?Dont ask why, I just dont like IRC... really cant explain why :/2.Would you sign up for a mailing list that offered news on all mmorpgs. Content would be screenshots, official links, and mmorpg patches/add-on information.As long as I could choose which games I would like to recieve info on, then yes.3.Would you donate to the site if Craig put a paypal donate tab on the front page just to contribute to the server costs that Craig must pay? It would never be required but you would probably get a great "Thank you" if you donated. I know that server fees must be in the upper 900s-1000s to cater a forum of this size.College student, no credit card and no pay-pal account. In all other circumstances though I would say yes.

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Probably not.. I'm not a big IRC fan or "chatting" in live chat really... We use AIM at work, and I mostly use it for work purposes...

I might do this.. I do get a mailer from Gamespot, but I think something like this would be alot of work.. almost like another job...

Yes, I would do this. I don't have any problem donating money to sites I frequent. Just don't tell my wife I sent in money.

::::02::

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Yes, the very rarity when I use IRC.
    Yes, as long as email isn't sold to third parties.
    And Yes, when I have a few xtra bucks.

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

--------------------------------------------

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Nah.

Yes.

No, I'm too poor. :P

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

yes.
    Yes.
    Yes, they gave me a free 6600 GT, I wouldnt mind sending them some money ::::02::

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• qurckqurck Member Posts: 91

yes

yes

erm, yes, probably once a month

We call the village idiot Mr. President

We call the village idiot Mr. President

• MorriganMorrigan Member Posts: 242

yes

Not sure exactly what you are meaing, I get news mail from mmoprg.com everytime they post a story.

yes considering how much work it takes to run a site like this. Would be happy to make a donation.

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!
    www.darthmyr.com

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!
    http://www.darthmyr.com for free guild forums

• ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000

No, Yes, Depends if I have any money on my paypal at the time, I'm not going to use my CC.

"Everything between these floating comma type things is my sig. Not part of my above text.

If ignorance is bliss, you'd think people would be happier when you point out what morons they are!"

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I would not pay.  image

However if you want to advertise me, I see no problem there. image  Just dont want pop up clicking, make it part of the window, on the screen usually work best, not to big, but now seem to be working fine.  Currently I see only 2 advertising,  could have 2 more easily, they dont need to be big, but could always be semi present.

Paying folks might be having less advertising...and they might have something more.   Not sure what, cant be the news, would kill the site to put all the non-paying backwards with the news, but maybe something.  They could have a status beside their ranking, to show everyone they contribute, like a silver or gold bar, could have something cool looking added on their name, platinium name and so on.

Maybe the folks that donate could see their chances maxed when you do a random prize award, they dont have more chances, but they have the maximum possible, no matter how much they come...or have a little bonus to reach that maximum base on the contribution.

I know, I am cheap!  *grin*

- "Solo is, will always be, the main market. A MMORPG that succeed with little or no solo appeal is doing great considering they are ignoring the main player base.''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• NaosNaos Member Posts: 379

I would like to put together a survey of what members of mmorpg.com would want or contribute to for the site. I actually hope Craig sees this because the topics below could make the site a ton better or a ton worse according to the comments of members.1.Would you visit a gamesurge irc mmorpg.com channel if it was advertised on the front page?
    3.Would you donate to the site if Craig put a paypal donate tab on the front page just to contribute to the server costs that Craig must pay? It would never be required but you would probably get a great "Thank you" if you donated. I know that server fees must be in the upper 900s-1000s to cater a forum of this size.Just quote and answer the survey. Start a flame here and I will personally castrate you. Thanks.-----------------
    image--Proud member of Desolation--LVL 20 Guardian on Befallen"The Job Of Art Is To Chase Away Ugliness" - Bono

1. Maybe.
    2. No.
    3. No. (wish I could though...).