Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the Lich King even in game?

I'm not really a WoW player, I mean I have dabbled in it a bit in the past, but not really seriously.  Anyways, I'm thinking of coming back as I actually like what Cataclysm may bring to the game, the better graphics primarily.  Anyways, my friend that plays and is always trying to get me to play said the Lich King is not even in the game to raid yet, is this true?

Currently Playing: Toying around with AoC and bored with Darkfall

Thinking of Playing: Fallen Earth or Darkfall after this months update.

Have Played: EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, Vanguard, EvE, Requiem, PW, Lotro, Lineage2, AoC, SWG...

Comments

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

come patch 3.3 he will be in game as a raid boss.

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

He makes appearances in different zones, but no you cannot kill him yet.

Although he is part of the LK expansion, Blizzard staggers the release of their content so that you cant blow thru the entire expansion in a month and they can take their time building new content.

• hybridfuryhybridfury Member Posts: 138

Odd the expansion has been out for a year, but the main char of the expansion isn't in.  Have they given any reason why and when is 3.3 coming?

Have Played: EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, Vanguard, EvE, Requiem, PW, Lotro, Lineage2, AoC, SWG...

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

Thats just how Blizzard rolls. Most of the folks know up front that they wont see what they paid for right away but as long as it gets added they dont complain.

• Orclord06Orclord06 Member Posts: 44

Well they are releasing him to conclude the expansion and pave the way for the next one.

It'd be pretty lame if the Lich King died immediately after the expansion was released; there would be nothing to do in Northrend.

• hybridfuryhybridfury Member Posts: 138

Alrighty then!  Off the topic of the LK, how are the noob zones population wise?  I think the highest lvl char I have is like lvl 30ish and is on Silvermoon, but my friend is on Antonidas and my toon there is only like maybe high teens.  Will I have trouble finding people to play with my lvl being everyone is probably 80?

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

depends on your server pop and if your friends will help you lvl. Should'nt be too big of a problem for you to lvl.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Go roll a DK and you have LK overload =D

LK makes many apearences in quests, dungeons and raids... but no you don't get to fight him.

I first meet the LK @ level 71.

3.3 is currently on the PTR being tested, probable release is december.